Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
are you talking about your reward ticket or the paid tickets that got you the promotional avios?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
are you talking about your reward ticket or the paid tickets that got you the promotional avios?
I mean the reward ticket(s) booked using the Avios.
Assuming Avios availity, can these be changed after December 1st?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
No, they are promotional miles that expire after that date. You need to make changes before December 1st.
It is possible that IB might allow date (read- not route- changes) after that date but don't count on it...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
i was able to transfer the IB Avios to BA now
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by aysoo
i was able to transfer the IB Avios to BA now
Did you have an existing BA account; how long have you had it? As I understand it, one has to wait 3 months before allowing the transfer of Avios between airlines.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Always J
That offer was a godsend. Already spent 155k Avios from the promotion out of our 180k Avios balance.

Once I shifted them out of IB to BA then they were utilised within minutes.

I don't think there'll be a promotion like this again.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Always J
Originally Posted by robchow
Did you have an existing BA account; how long have you had it? As I understand it, one has to wait 3 months before allowing the transfer of Avios between airlines.
No, just IB.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ICanFly!
Has anyone had difficulty canceling an award ticket and redepositing the miles to their account?
I cancelled a booking and waited 9 days with no sign of the avios being credited back (or a refund of the fee). I called them yesterday and they said there had been a problem but they credited last night. I have moved them all to BA now. I remember reading that they expire in December but I assume it's okay now I've moved them to BA?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Is it still the case that if you move them out to BA your IB account will again be deducted the relevant amount on December 1st ?

​​​​​​
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Is it still the case that if you move them out to BA your IB account will again be deducted the relevant amount on December 1st ?​​​​​​
No changes on that front, if you try it, expect the worst but hope for the best. I'm keeping the points in my BA account and transferring over to IB when i make booking. Worst case scenario i'm out the $350 I gambled on this deal from the start. If I go negative i can just move the unspent points over to IB to cover it. Best case, i have a bunch of BA points with the combined BA/IB.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
I am BA Gold and also have an AVIOS and BA Avios account. from one account i couldnt move direct to BA Avios, so transferred first to AVIOS and then to BA Avios
the other one was no problem to move from IB Avios to BA Avios directly

I still read the T&C that spending the Avios doesnt need to be on a flight, only spending before for 1.12. The German and English Avios IB T&C didnt specify "Spending Avios", therefore I spend them by transferring. and from the transfer I spend them.

I am happy to get this challenged by court if necessary, LH had this issue in the past, with a promotion 2 milesmore per 1 EUR spend on creditcard. transfering to bank account, also gave the 2 miles. there was no limit. people transferred 2mio eUR, got 4 million miles more. LH refused to give the milesmore, insisted wasnt a spend and there would be a limit for transfers., and lost in front of court.. about 15 years ago.
funny.. new TC from LH CrecitCard states monthly limits of 15 000 EUR Transfers to bank
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:53 am

I have an upcoming flight that I am going to miss. I know I shouldn't cancel the booking but what are people doing in this case? I.e. checking in and miss the flight or not checking in?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aysoo
I am BA Gold and also have an AVIOS and BA Avios account. from one account i couldnt move direct to BA Avios, so transferred first to AVIOS and then to BA Avios
the other one was no problem to move from IB Avios to BA Avios directly

I still read the T&C that spending the Avios doesnt need to be on a flight, only spending before for 1.12. The German and English Avios IB T&C didnt specify "Spending Avios", therefore I spend them by transferring. and from the transfer I spend them.

I am happy to get this challenged by court if necessary, LH had this issue in the past, with a promotion 2 milesmore per 1 EUR spend on creditcard. transfering to bank account, also gave the 2 miles. there was no limit. people transferred 2mio eUR, got 4 million miles more. LH refused to give the milesmore, insisted wasnt a spend and there would be a limit for transfers., and lost in front of court.. about 15 years ago.
funny.. new TC from LH CrecitCard states monthly limits of 15 000 EUR Transfers to bank
I think it was quite clear the Avios had to be spent on Iberia Plus - this threat of court is a little over-reactionary to an offer.. you'll have a negative Avios balance, and then take Iberia to court over it? What is your material loss, other than the Avios, that you will be suing over? I think you're trying it on a little here.. it was a generous Iberia offer and only fair you spend it with them.. this is becoming somewhat a greedy and entitled approach.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by bruno-s
I have an upcoming flight that I am going to miss. I know I shouldn't cancel the booking but what are people doing in this case? I.e. checking in and miss the flight or not checking in?
Same situation here. For those with tickets in the near future that they are not actually planning to fly what is the recommended course of action?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Does it matter at all? In any case I would claim the taxes back after you have spent your Avios.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.