Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:06 am

If someone has a copy of the rules on this promotion, can you privately send me a message. Iberia has stated the valid period of the promotion was until June 24 2018 local time of Madrid, Spain. My emails all show June 24th, but they state the bookings are registered after 00:00 June 25th.

Last edited by Lou123; Jul 27, 2018 at 5:13 am Reason: change
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:09 am

Anyone else had this email and still not received the avios?

Dear ........:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us few days ago.
We are glad to inform you that the corresponding Avios have been successfully credited to your Iberia Plus account, please keep in mind that according to the terms and conditions of the promotion, these Avios will expire on December 1st, 2018. In case Avios collected from this promotion are not redeemed before that date, they will be deducted from the account. We remind you that it is possible for you to redeem these Avios using our Cash & Avios service through www.iberia.com (payment processed using).
We hope to continue with your reliability and take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings.
Your Iberia Plus Service Center.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by td035050
Anyone else had this email and still not received the avios?
Welcome to Flyertalk td035050 and to the Iberia forum, I hope that you will continue to be active here.

Judging from then comments of other FTers upthread, the more usual response was that it would take a few days or even weeks for the Avios to show up. Now your reply suggested a near immediate credit. Personally I would leave it a few days and then ask again or call up. I imagine the IB+ agents and systems are overloaded at the moment but at some point they will get back to normal working.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
I've emailed them ten times since the start of the month and have had no reply. I have an account that is three years old, booked 10 flights whilst logged into my account and have had no miles posted. Getting rather frustrated now. What email address is everyone using?
I've been using this one: [email protected]

I've had a response and the latest is:

Dear Crofton138

In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account very shortly.

Kind regards,

Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Madli
So I sent another email to Iberia 2 days ago when I can expect the Avios (duplicate account, before recieved email that it will happen verry soon this week). Recieved answer today that "if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your active account over the next few weeks."
The question is, play on the safe site and request refund because you can do that only till 31.7. or hope that I can get the Avios hopefully in August.
I have the exact same issue. I bought three tickets which cost roughly 20 each and I'm waiting on 27k Avios. I'm not sure what to do either.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Crofton138
I've been using this one: [email protected]

I've had a response and the latest is:

Dear Crofton138

In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account very shortly.

Kind regards,

Yep that's the email address I've been using but have had no replies from. Very annoying
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, HSBC Premier, Clubcard
For me...

1. Booked 10 one way flights on 24th of June.
2. It was a brand new Iberia account and was subsequently locked.
3. Emailed documentation on Tuesday, 25th of July at 3pm.
4. Just received an email (Friday, 27th July) to say 90k avois had been awarded.
5. Confirmed that 90k avois are in my account.

It seems I've been quite lucky in how simple it was?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:29 am

Lucky you. When on the June 24th, did you do your bookings? I realize the time zones are different; my emails all show June 24th, yet they are saying my bookings registered on June 25th.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Lou123
If someone has a copy of the rules on this promotion, can you privately send me a message. Iberia has stated the valid period of the promotion was until June 24 2018 local time of Madrid, Spain. My emails all show June 24th, but they state the bookings are registered after 00:00 June 25th.
Just read through this thread- try #14 , #69 and others. I do not believe it said any time zone anyplace. The promo on the 24th and therefore depends where you purchased the tickets. Even if the 24th in the USA, if you used the Spain site and was the 25th there- would not apply.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Transferability of these Avios to British Airways

I have been working with a major British newspaper on a story about this offer, which is due to run on Sunday (full page feature). Iberia is giving the impression that it is going to cave in (to avoid bad publicity to a few million readers of this newspaper) - in the face of written correspondence to me that transfers out of Iberia would be possible - and will begin to allow the bonus Avios to be moved to BA.

This is NOT 100% certain yet. However, don't make any redemption in the next couple of days via Iberia if you would have preferred to move them to BA and spend via BAEC instead, as it may still be possible.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Transferability of these Avios to British Airways

I have been working with a major British newspaper on a story about this offer, which is due to run on Sunday (full page feature). Iberia is giving the impression that it is going to cave in (to avoid bad publicity to a few million readers of this newspaper) - in the face of written correspondence to me that transfers out of Iberia would be possible - and will begin to allow the bonus Avios to be moved to BA.

This is NOT 100% certain yet. However, don't make any redemption in the next couple of days via Iberia if you would have preferred to move them to BA and spend via BAEC instead, as it may still be possible.
Sad that now IB, which has been generous and mostly stuck to the terms, despite obvious and somewhat abusive behaviour, is now being extorted to go against a term that it not even in dispute, it was always clear that there was no transfer of Avios possible. This is why we can't have nice things
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Sad that now IB, which has been generous and mostly stuck to the terms, despite obvious and somewhat abusive behaviour, is now being extorted to go against a term that it not even in dispute, it was always clear that there was no transfer of Avios possible. This is why we can't have nice things
I agree. I think the vast majority of people are happy to spend the Avios via the Iberia FFP, so what is the point of this story? It also seems bizarre that the Mail on Sunday would write a full page story on such a niche bit of "news"? Are their readers going to really give a .... about some frequent flyers whining that they cannot transfer out 90000 Avios they bought on the cheap for 0.24p from Iberia?? Doubt they'll be much sympathy.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You have notIced that IB is now blocking hotel redemptions? This has been confirmed in writing.

Anyway, I didn’t start this, I am just providing background info (oh, and the email sent to me, Ben, Gary etc which says they would be transferable).
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
You have notIced that IB is now blocking hotel redemptions? This has been confirmed in writing.

Anyway, I didnt start this, I am just providing background info (oh, and the email sent to me, Ben, Gary etc which says they would be transferable).
They never said hotel bookings were excluded. These should have been in the terms..

This is dodgy as hell if so.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: Everything I know I register myself in
Originally Posted by mingzie
They never said hotel bookings were excluded. These should have been in the terms..

This is dodgy as hell if so.
I'm planning on using some miles on hotels. I'll be mad at them if this starts to happen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.