Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by petey2428

wouldnt they claw back your avios? They specifically said that you’re not allowed to do that.
I am sure that they would if they could, but I had a zero balance to start with and will have one again afterwards. I am not sure how they will deal with that.

BTW, does anyone happen to know if IB charge for cancelling a full fare IB J class booking ?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:13 am

Thanks . My wife's account is locked and they say there are duplicate accounts which is rubbish. Do you know what I should reply to that ?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Its possible that multiple were generated by their site when signing up. Just tell them that you only signed up for 1 account. Not much else you can do.
I had multiple accounts generated by the site without my input (seems like a lpt of people did)
if their are clearly multiple accounts generated within seconds or minutes pf each other it shoulf be easy for them to see that and send you the correct account number as they did for me.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Its possible that multiple were generated by their site when signing up. Just tell them that you only signed up for 1 account. Not much else you can do.
I had multiple accounts generated by the site without my input (seems like a lpt of people did)
if their are clearly multiple accounts generated within seconds or minutes pf each other it shoulf be easy for them to see that and send you the correct account number as they did for me.
so you had duplicated accounts and was able to get bonus point credited?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:51 pm

I just wanted to provide final comments about my experience with this promotion: What a long strange trip it's been...

...but in the end, it was a great ride for me/my wife. Existing account (me)/New account (her)--I obtained 81K (9 flights)/she obtained 45K (5 flights). I received points in the first wave/we had to send in documentation a few times for her but she received points on July 18.

We ended up booking a trip to Spain for two on American (Madrid), with 5 days in Mallorca in the middle (Iberia). Total cost was $305/person. We've also booked flights for us to/from Norfolk/New York in the Fall, and have enough Avios left for another trip in the Spring--at a cost of around $60 r/t per person.

Like they say, YMMV, but this was a great gig for us--and was quite the interesting hobby. Some people do crosswords. I find this much more interesting.

Safe travels to all!
SFO777, mrt88 and davm666 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:34 am

When can we expect to hear what happens to the awarded Avios when people no-show to the flights they booked to get said Avios?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:26 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by Dror
When can we expect to hear what happens to the awarded Avios when people no-show to the flights they booked to get said Avios?
There were some who made bookings for flights in the near future. I made my flight bookings for September. So you'd have to hope that someone who made a flight booking, for, say August, to come back here and tell us if a. they took the flight or not, and b. whether anything happened to their promotional Avios. I'm taking half of the flights I booked in September, so if my promotional Avios disappear, I'll post back, though that's a very improbable thing to happen, given that this has been confirmed many times already. But we'll see.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:23 am

Has anyone been successful in viewing partner space on LATAM? I can see it on BA, but the IB search doesn't show any. Trying to deal with their call center has been less than productive.

Also, anyone use a cash back site and successfully receive their cash back?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: QantasFF
Thumbs down Wiki entry

madeupname3 / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 54k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Old Jul 26, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
I expect that, if that should happen, word would get out within a minute and the entire travel miles and points community would know within hours.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by zsc
There were some who made bookings for flights in the near future. I made my flight bookings for September. So you'd have to hope that someone who made a flight booking, for, say August, to come back here and tell us if a. they took the flight or not, and b. whether anything happened to their promotional Avios. I'm taking half of the flights I booked in September, so if my promotional Avios disappear, I'll post back, though that's a very improbable thing to happen, given that this has been confirmed many times already. But we'll see.
Against my recommendation, wife booked a flight that departed 3 days ago, 7/23. She still has her full 90.2k in account. So far, so good. She booked some others in August as well.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I am sure that they would if they could, but I had a zero balance to start with and will have one again afterwards. I am not sure how they will deal with that.

BTW, does anyone happen to know if IB charge for cancelling a full fare IB J class booking ?
Not sure if this is totally relevant, but BA clawed my points back after the eharmony avios store promotion and my account ended up with negative 35k miles (I transferred them to aer lingus avios). I had to transfer my avios back from aer lingus to settle my account. This is not an insignificant amount of money, and you are literally stealing from them, so I am sure they are not just gonna let you walk away for free. They made it very clear that you won't get the avios if you refund your ticket.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

I am contacting you regarding your account xxxxxxxxxxx which has been temporarily closed due to a query on your account.

On 16 May you used the Combine My Avios application to move 35802 Avios from your British Airways Executive Account to your AviosUK account. These Avios have been reclaimed by British Airways Executive Club as the transfer of Avios has left your account overdrawn. As such we need to return the points to British Airways to settle the balance.

A per the BA terms and conditions for Combine My Avios, once Avios have been transferred to a Programme they are subject to the Terms and Conditions of that Programme as applicable at the date of transfer. In the event of any dispute as to the entitlement to the Avios points originally issued to a Member the Terms and Conditions of the Scheme under which the Avios points were issued shall apply. This means that the Aviosneed to be returned to your BA Executive account to settle the negative balance.

One the required Avios have been returned to British Airways your AviosUK account will be reinstated and available for use.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by osxunf

so you had duplicated accounts and was able to get bonus point credited?
No still waiting. But they have at least managed to sortout which account is the correct one and have said that details have been sent to award points. But so far nothing in my account.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:59 am

So I sent another email to Iberia 2 days ago when I can expect the Avios (duplicate account, before recieved email that it will happen verry soon this week). Recieved answer today that "if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your active account over the next few weeks."
The question is, play on the safe site and request refund because you can do that only till 31.7. or hope that I can get the Avios hopefully in August.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:34 am

I've emailed them ten times since the start of the month and have had no reply. I have an account that is three years old, booked 10 flights whilst logged into my account and have had no miles posted. Getting rather frustrated now. What email address is everyone using?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.