Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I'm still waiting for missing 9000 avios. I sent email to Clasica account just after first miles posted. Got answer after two weeks:

"In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account during the following week."

So now checking the account every day and waiting for the miles. Want to book flights for 104K avios so it would be helpful to get them, instead of doing transfer from BA.

BTW, I only see Iberia flights in search engine. When I choose Book with Avios it sends me to this annoying interface when you have to choose everything by waiting for available options and approving them. Then I can see monthly view. If I choose other link, I can only input dates and if there's no availability, I get nothing.

Didn't see any partner flights. Want to book some South American flights to compliment international flights with local ones. And to add, I have old account from 2016.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:29 am

Hi all - has anyone with the multiple account issues when creating the account (i.e. Iberia claimed duplicates) have their Avios yet? Last email I received said "information has been sent to relevant department for review & crediting of Avios" but that was about a week ago. Wanted to check with you all - thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Same here with me. It's been about a week. Will definitely reengage on Monday if I don't hear anything. I've been patient...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Got the same email last Saturday saying miles should post over the next week. Nothing yet.
Emailed Iberia again this evening to see whats happening, will give it a few days, then if no further response will start the refund process.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:48 am
Original Member

Hello all

I understand that one can not use Iberia Avios for one-way redemptions on oneworld partners, but can with IB itself. Does anyone know what the policy is for BA flights – can one use IB Avios for one-way BA flights as they are both part of IAG?

Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
A notice of caution: They allegedly cannot change the routing of your booking, so you have to cancel and book a new ticket.
It will take 1-2 days before you get your Avios back, according to the callcenter. Not great as I desperately need to book a new award for those Avios...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all

I understand that one can not use Iberia Avios for one-way redemptions on oneworld partners, but can with IB itself. Does anyone know what the policy is for BA flights – can one use IB Avios for one-way BA flights as they are both part of IAG?

We've successfully booked & ticketed 2 x BA F one ways from the US to the UK using Avios from this promotion (once the error on the IB website disappeared when trying to price it up)

One was booked from my account which I have had for years and one booked by my wife who created her account specifically for this promo.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Booking BA one-way works perfectly. We were able to book MAD-GRU on IB (low YQ) and GRU-LHR on BA (no YQ because it's illegal in Brazil - for some weird reason they do charge YQ when booking via BAEC though).
That's amazing value given BA usually charges outrageous YQ on all flights.
We're going to Rio for carneval.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:40 am

BEWARE: When booking award for somebody partner, my lastname was added to her BA booking, in addition to her own lastname!
So if my name was Brad Pitt and her name was Angelina Jolie, the ticket would have been for "Angelina Jolie Pitt".
On the BA website, if even showed as "Angelina Joliepitt".

I wonder if that happened because we just entered her details into the booking, instead of adding her as a "beneficiary" first, and then selecting her as the passenger.
I called IB and they said they would fix this within 24 hours, so hopefully this won't matter.
But to be safe, I would recommend to always add passengers as "beneficiaries" first if you don't book for the account owner.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
I don’t know if I trust the call center on this one, so I’ll ask it here as well.

Following a successful promo, I managed to book an Iberia and a BA flight. I have 3 first names and 1 last name, but my first names were too long to be put into the first name box. I therefore put my third first name in the first surname box and my actual last name in the second surname box. My name shows correctly 1-First 2-First 3-First Last, although when managing my BA booking outside of Iberia, it shows my last name as 3-FirstLast (in one word).
Called iberia who said it was no issue, but the guy did not seem very knowledgeable (e.g. said I could “fly he entire world” if I just put my first first name and my last name), and I am therefore asking here to confirm.

Can this cause any issues on either IB or BA? I will be booking another BA LH redemption through Iberia and would not want that one to be an issue either.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:08 am

Anybody else receiving AGAIN request from Iberia to send them documentation AGAIN after having account unlocked (July 13) and all Avios posted (July 17) already?

I just received this today on both my own and daughter's account, and I called call center (they see nothing wrong and show both accounts reactivated July 13), but suggested me to follow the request and send the information again, just to be on the safe side, while indicating the reference number from previous reactivation (part of email subject line they sent out) as well as stating my account was successfully reactivated on that date.

Just an IT hiccup? I checked email header just to make sure it was not a delayed email message, but it was indeed sent out today.

The message follows and seem to be the initial mass mailing email from the beginning of July:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Iberia Plus programme.

It is a standard requirement of our programme to check the registration details for your Iberia Plus account. To help us do this, please email a copy of the official identity document you used for registration to [email protected]. The subject line of the email must include your Iberia Plus number in order for us to process it and you must send it to us by 31 July (GMT+2). If the documentation is not received before this date, we will be unable to register you for the Iberia Plus programme and you will not have access to any of the associated benefits.

If you took part in our recent 9,000 extra Avios promotion for the purchase of tickets at Iberia.com, please attach a copy of any tickets purchased during the period and send it to us by 31 July 2018 in order to collect your Avios.

Once we have verified your identification and proof of ticket purchase we will award the Avios due—as per the campaign terms and conditions—to your account.

Kind regards and we hope to see you on board again soon.

The Iberia Plus team
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I received this email this morning too. I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve sent documentation to them, so I think I’ll ignore the request. I also received the points last week.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I received this email today, it is the first unsolicited communication from them. Had it not been for FT I wouldnt have known about the Clasica email address, I'd already sent a note off there and then received a response on Friday asking for scans of identification and so got those back to them today. Fingers crossed, these were actually tickets we intend to fly and IB was not the least expensive option but between OW benefits when we change FF # and this promo it seemed to make sense to pay a bit more for IB. At least at the time of booking, now I am not so sure. We use AA flights between SEA-LAX to see family and these would be a decent value for redemptions, so still hoping this works out.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:29 pm

I'd created 2 IB accounts since first registration gave an error message. I booked 10 flights with second account. IB closed my second account, but the bookings are still valid. Later on, I added the 1st IB # to the bookings, but still got no avios. The bookings are not showing up when I log in to my current IB account (1st account).

If no avios are coming my way, I might ask for cancellation and refund from IB before July 31. Anyone else with the same situation received the promotional avios?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:48 pm

i'm in same boat - got an email today where they told me the first account (where I booked the tickets) was cancelled as duplicates were found. I replied that I'd followed all Ts and Cs, and expect my Avios, regardless of whether their IT duplicated my entry. They also gave me the standard - the information has been sent for crediting of avios, if the information is correct. We'll see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.