Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by gnomey
Based on the below bolded, am i interpreting correctly that I cannot transfer additional Avios points in (e.g., from Chase UR) to supplement my 90K avios in order to book a flight I want?

Has anyone successfully transfer Chase UR into the account as Avios, and then use the UR-turned-Avios together with Iberia bonus Avios to book a flight?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The extra Avios collected through this promotion will be recorded in your standard balance and be subjected to special expiration date and terms and conditions, additional to those of the standard Iberia Plus Programme, except for the following:

1-These Avios cannot be transferred or combined with Avios from other programmes or accounts, and they will expire on December 1st 2018 if not used by that date. All Avios from this promotion not redeemed by then will be withdrawn from the customer’s account on December 1st 2018.
2-These Avios may be used via the Iberia Plus Programme from the moment they are awarded up until December 1st 2018.
3-Any purchases charged to Avios from this promotion (redemptions) may be exchanged and reissued, if applicable, up until December 1st 2018, as per the particular terms and conditions of the products purchased. Keep in mind that cancellation or refund requests made by the customer for tickets purchased during the promotion implies withdrawal or cancellation of the promotional Avios, regardless of the refund date.
4-The 9,000 extra Avios from this promotion have been awarded to all customers who used a valid Iberia Plus number when purchasing tickets that meet the campaign terms and conditions via Iberia systems.
I got the same email and was awarded the 90,000 avios.

These are completely new terms and conditions, They aren't treated like regular avios, and are not listed in the total at the top of my account page.

So it is clear to me that they trying to limit use of the avios, not only by not allowing transfer, but by denying use on partner airlines.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
My missing 18,000 Avios showed up in my account this morning, plus 200 welcome points! I didn't even send an email regarding it!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by macfadsj
Many thanks to all who have posted their experiences and suggestions here. They have been instrumental in helping my family receive the full 90K in four of four accounts.
If Iberia fails to let new accounts book partner awards, there is very soon going to be a feeding frenzy on over the water, Iberia metal business class seats, and when those are gone, there
will be lots of people staying up to all hours to compete for the new award seats as they are loaded into the system each day. Best to get on it and book something now!
Thats what I did, but I already went into this promotion with the goal of booking IB metal ORD-MAD in biz class, so thats what i've booked now.

However, I do think IB will sort out the partner airlines issue but it might take a while...
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:41 am

Today got the missing 9000 +200 welcome bonus on both mine and daughter's account.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MARRIOTT-PLT
Encourage from all the posts from everyone who’s points have posted (congratulations), discouraged because I’ve not heard anything since the July 11 email, verifying they’ve received my request.

I sent verification information in on July 5th. I’m hopeful and anxious to see some activity soon.

I have not reached out to them, but wondering if that is the right approach.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA: EXP
delete
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:59 am

Anyone able to book a hotel night with their points?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by emofeng
Anyone able to book a hotel night with their points?
No... posted in the other thread - I think they may have tried to do some special treatment of these Avios which has accidently broken partner redemptions and hotels

There is a number to call +442036843774 and if you try to complete a booking it gives you a reference number - my bed time in Singapore though but maybe someone else wants to have a go whilst I sleep?!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:49 am

Also got the missing 9,000 in my account today. Had booked 10 flights, with 2 on same day, and had only gotten 81,000 Avios.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:53 am

Hey - Has anyone with the 'multiple accounts issue' has their Avios post yet? Mine have posted, but someone Iberia created multiple accounts for my Wife - we know, their IT isn't any good, and now they've changed her IB # and it no longer matches the flights she booked. Has anyone had this issue resolved yet? thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:56 am

Ok so I finally have an update.

Recap: I'm one of those who signed up for an account during the promo. I did not get my miles posted earlier and waited for verification and miles posted today! I even managed to redeem a one way First Class BA flight from LHR to HKG in early January 2019 through the contact center (the iberia website shows availability but error when booking) - so I called their UK Iberia hotline to book instead. Waiting time is reasonable at about 10-20 minutes max.

Some data points requested (sorry I'm unable to add to the wiki)
kwloo / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS (passport and a copy of proof of address from my bank just for good measure and I gave them addresses in USA and Singapore to prevent them from disputing along with all the etickets and a complete threaded email for all the bookings with the iberia number in the email content / VERIFIED / POSTED / 81000 / 0 / NA / NA

If it helps I did try to make sure I could fly all the flights booked, they were round trips but booked as one way each, I logged in when booking so I could tick "I'm flying" and the iberia plus number appeared in the email but not in the pdf file.
​​​​
For those who have been waiting in despair, I'd say hold your nerves and it might come by. Don't worry about award availability, I think if you're flexible enough there are still opportunities. Call them to book directly instead (the UK number was quite good, quick and helpful)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
All our Avios have posted. 720k. Not bad.
pushmyredbutton likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sammyg901
No... posted in the other thread - I think they may have tried to do some special treatment of these Avios which has accidently broken partner redemptions and hotels

There is a number to call +442036843774 and if you try to complete a booking it gives you a reference number - my bed time in Singapore though but maybe someone else wants to have a go whilst I sleep?!
Same problem. Tried to call yesterday and they said they couldn’t book hotels over the phone.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by kwloo
Ok so I finally have an update.

Recap: I'm one of those who signed up for an account during the promo. I did not get my miles posted earlier and waited for verification and miles posted today! I even managed to redeem a one way First Class BA flight from LHR to HKG in early January 2019 through the contact center (the iberia website shows availability but error when booking) - so I called their UK Iberia hotline to book instead. Waiting time is reasonable at about 10-20 minutes max.

Some data points requested (sorry I'm unable to add to the wiki)
kwloo / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS (passport and a copy of proof of address from my bank just for good measure and I gave them addresses in USA and Singapore to prevent them from disputing along with all the etickets and a complete threaded email for all the bookings with the iberia number in the email content / VERIFIED / POSTED / 81000 / 0 / NA / NA

If it helps I did try to make sure I could fly all the flights booked, they were round trips but booked as one way each, I logged in when booking so I could tick "I'm flying" and the iberia plus number appeared in the email but not in the pdf file.
​​​​
For those who have been waiting in despair, I'd say hold your nerves and it might come by. Don't worry about award availability, I think if you're flexible enough there are still opportunities. Call them to book directly instead (the UK number was quite good, quick and helpful)
thanks for the info.
how many avios are required to book BA LON-HKG in first class one way?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:11 am

Let me get this straight. Got this e-mail today with a separate e-mail containing the temporary PW.
"
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.
We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive it soon on the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.
Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code; therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile.
In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account during the following week.

Kind regards
Your Iberia Plus Service Center."

But it will not accept the temporary PW so unable to sign in. Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.