Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold / O6 Diamond
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
I got this email just now:

Dear XXX,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion until today. We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive your PIN soon, inside the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.
Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code, therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile. In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account during the following week.
It seems to me that this is just a mail blast which everyone got so I'd only say it's good news if they actually credit owing avios!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by chilledflyer
It seems to me that this is just a mail blast which everyone got so I'd only say it's good news if they actually credit owing avios!
I didn't get it
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I didn't get it
Neither did I...
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:31 am

I didn't get it
Originally Posted by tylerc
Neither did I...
Now that's interesting. I had assumed that it was a mail blast given how poorly this promo is being managed. I received this email along with one other family member. Who knows if the avios will actually post tbh. They have been inconsistent enough for me to not trust their comms.

If you haven't received the email, it's probably worth following this up and email their execs. I see some posters here might have a view on this approach and prefer to let Iberia "get on with it". Having had previous bad experiences with IB, I'd take a proactive approach, start banging on their doors and let them know that it is not fine the way they have managed this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:35 am

Now that's interesting. I had assumed that it was a mail blast given how poorly this promo is being managed. I received this email along with one other family member. Who knows if the avios will actually post tbh. They have been inconsistent enough for me to not trust their comms.

If you haven't received the email, it's probably worth following this up and email their execs. I see some posters here might have a view on this approach and prefer to let Iberia "get on with it". Having had previous bad experiences with IB, I'd take a proactive approach, start banging on their doors and let them know that it is not fine the way they have managed this.
I'm happy to wait until the end of this week for them to get through the backlog without clogging them up any further or making their exec's lives any more complicated with spam.
Junior_2J&K, choklit and klanfa like this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:57 am

I'm happy to wait until the end of this week for them to get through the backlog without clogging them up any further or making their exec's lives any more complicated with spam.
Rightly or wrongly, you are very forgiving! In the organisation at which I work, issues raised to Execs do get priority. It'd be interesting to compare the speed of crediting avios for those who have sent emails to Execs and those who haven't. If anything, it'd be a good insight to see how senior management operates at IB.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:10 am

Rightly or wrongly, you are very forgiving! In the organisation at which I work, issues raised to Execs do get priority. It'd be interesting to compare the speed of crediting avios for those who have sent emails to Execs and those who haven't. If anything, it'd be a good insight to see how senior management operates at IB.
I just don't see why I should elbow my way to the front of the queue, everyone's in the same boat. My times worth more than agitating against some Spanish airline for weeks on end like some here have. But if nothing posts by end of this week I'll probably call and then follow up by e-mail requesting a refund.

No chance a chargeback will work in South Africa, our banks aren't quite a cowboyish as the US ones.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA

Dear Mr.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.

We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account.

In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios. You should see these in your account very shortly.

Kind regards
Just received this email this morning. I didn't send in my passport and ticket copies until July 8 as I was out of town. Nothing in my account yet.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:21 am

My wife got this email. It was Iberia's first response to her submission of her passport and booking confirmations. My account did not get that email. Only response I have gotten is the inconsistencies email, which I immediately refuted.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:11 am

Just got it...

It doesn't go so far as promising the Avios, just that another department will be reviewing...
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
Just got it...

It doesn't go so far as promising the Avios, just that another department will be reviewing...
Yup - completely agree. The key get out for IB is buried way down in the last sentence.

"Dear XXX,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion until today. We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive your PIN soon, inside the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.
Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code, therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile. In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct (my emphasis), you should see these credit in your account during the following week."
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Yup - completely agree. The key get out for IB is buried way down in the last sentence.

"Dear XXX,

Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code, therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile. In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct (my emphasis), you should see these credit in your account during the following week."
Hmmm ... as another data point. Yesterday, I received an email saying they needed me to resent the passport info which I resent. Within 12 hours, I received the email confirming my account had been unlocked. My last sentence, however, is different:

In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios. You should see these in your account very shortly.

No reference in mine to reviewing ... but they haven't posted yet. Other friends sent in info at the same time and haven't received any response as of yet.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Hmmm ... as another data point. Yesterday, I received an email saying they needed me to resent the passport info which I resent. Within 12 hours, I received the email confirming my account had been unlocked. My last sentence, however, is different:

No reference in mine to reviewing ... but they haven't posted yet. Other friends sent in info at the same time and haven't received any response as of yet.
Thats really interesting. I'm in Canada, and I put that in my profile so I'm hoping they don't pull the country of residence doesn't qualify trick...

Are you in one of the 16 countries? I'm wondering if the varying emails have anything to do with location or which site the booking was through...
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by brody24
My wife got this email. It was Iberia's first response to her submission of her passport and booking confirmations. My account did not get that email. Only response I have gotten is the inconsistencies email, which I immediately refuted.
Update: Just received the same email (despite having received the inconsistencies email 2 weeks ago)
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:37 am

"Dear XXX,

Did someone get avios after receive like the mail?
it will show in the account or send a mail?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.