Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by WayBarD
apparently at the moment you cannot book flights that are not operated by iberia.
but, i have account old and i can redeem this flight. but in the new account no.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by brody24
Gonna just pepper the executive emails and write 2 or 3 emails a day to Clasica until they are forced to respond. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Sent all verification info for wife and I on July 3 and 4. More than enough time to check it, deposit the Avios, and be done with it.
if that makes you feel better, but you better be in front of the line of the other 25k people waiting for their miles too
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Just got the email from the clasica email that they were activating my account and that I would receive the temporary PIN soon. The email also stated that they have reviewed my documentation and would send to the correct department for the awarding of the Avios. I will be patient as the process moves forward.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by yuel

if that makes you feel better, but you better be in front of the line of the other 25k people waiting for their miles too
Can't imagine I wouldn't be. Keep in mind that folks on this forum (myself included) were forwarding passport photos and validation info wayyy before Iberia actually asked for it via express instructions (which is when most of those 25k folks would have sent it). So we on here were far ahead of the curve and were providing the validation info simply because we caught word that a few phone reps were starting to instruct it before word truly got out.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by MCI777
Just got the email from the clasica email that they were activating my account and that I would receive the temporary PIN soon. The email also stated that they have reviewed my documentation and would send to the correct department for the awarding of the Avios. I will be patient as the process moves forward.
I got the same email about 5 hours ago, still no Avios. Please update if/when you receive them. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:01 am

This is laughable. I can't book anything online - getting error message, and calling in I can't even get thru to an agent.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
This is laughable. I can't book anything online - getting error message, and calling in I can't even get thru to an agent.
I call but they offer me another type of rate and more avios. a shame. With LEVEL
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by martodvo
After sending many mails, the miles accredited me
Originally Posted by martodvo
I call but they offer me another type of rate and more avios. a shame. With LEVEL
What's the rate?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:17 am

[QUOTE = osxunf; 29970000] Cul es la tasa? [/ QUOTE]

Tourist, the second fare
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:18 am

Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Received an email from Iberia at around 6am pacific:

"We are sorry to inform you that we need the copy of your identification document to verify your Iberia Plus account information. Therefore, it is not possible for us to activate your account." "If you wish to cancel any of the tickets you bought for the promotion, you may do so free of charge on this exceptional occasion by sending us the ticket number"

Here are some data points:
  • Created new account 6/22
  • Purchased 10 tickets on 6/22
  • 7/1 or 7/2, account is locked
  • 7/3, via app ask for pin.
  • 7/4 sent email regarding points status and locked account, receive auto-reply
  • 7/5 received email asking for identification and tickets booked
  • 7/5 sent copy of passport and tickets (.JPG file of passport, pdf of tickets), no auto-reply
  • 7/11 received email about delay
  • 7/13 (today) received email that identification needed, and option to cancel tickets
Checked my account this morning and bookings still appear when logged in but can see account still locked.

Not clear why they are now telling me that they have not received my passport copy and no mention of the promo. Did anyone else send a .JPG file of passport photo? Should I try a PDF of my passport? Like everyone else in this boat, I want to start booking flights and this delay sucks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Goodluck to all.

Last edited by UCSBCHRIS2002; Jul 13, 2018 at 10:31 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by klanfa
I got the same email about 5 hours ago, still no Avios. Please update if/when you receive them. Thanks!
Did you get a second email with your temporary PIN number?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:36 am

Yes got that email as well for myself, followed by reset PIN email. My daughter got only the reset PIN email initially but the first email came to her as well about two hours later after the reset PIN email. So now both of our accounts received the same email that our tickets will be forwarded to other department for review to accredit points as well as separate emails with reset Pins. No Avios posted to either one account yet. At least now both of us have a case number that's listed in the subject line of their reply email.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by brody24
Can't imagine I wouldn't be. Keep in mind that folks on this forum (myself included) were forwarding passport photos and validation info wayyy before Iberia actually asked for it via express instructions (which is when most of those 25k folks would have sent it). So we on here were far ahead of the curve and were providing the validation info simply because we caught word that a few phone reps were starting to instruct it before word truly got out.
Maybe a self fulfilling prophecy... We started sending validation info and then someone at Iberia thought... This is a great idea... Let's just request it from everybody :-)

Who knows... Might have been like that :-)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:39 am

Did you get a second email with your temporary PIN number?
Yes, and actually before that email re Avios.

@rubiohiguey the case number in the subject line is your IB+ number.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.