Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Marriott
Has anyone heard of anyone getting avios after the initial block was released?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by kbooks66
So my personal account has been credited with the points (older existing account with points in it), however my wife's which is a new account has not. When booking the initial 10 flights for my wife I made sure she corrected the double Surname error prior to making the booking, She also ensured all of the bookings had her IB+ number attached to it. She submitted a request to unlock July 3rd and then got an email saying that she needed to submit her bookings in order to get credit for them on July 4. She submitted that the same day.

At this point she has a not received an email saying they found inconsistencies or received an email saying she will get the point. At this point what is the best thing to do? Should we take the no news is good news track and just wait longer; or should we call Iberia to see if they even received all of the documents they need (We have received the auto reply email received for every email received so far).
I'd say since you received the auto reply then there is no need to send any additional emails for now.. On mine it said that it will take them "a few days to analyse and see if I'm eligible" so I'll just wait until at least the end of the week in my case.

My guess is that they are first cancelling and sending the "inconsistencies" emails to everyone who's "not eligible" (according to them) and only after start crediting the Avios to the new accounts that are eligible.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:53 am

My 90K posted, but I did this with the intent on transferring to BA which they're not allowing now. I knew the risk was $270, so I'm certainly not complaining. It's all part of the MS risk/reward.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by marcelocrribeiro
I'd say since you received the auto reply then there is no need to send any additional emails for now.. On mine it said that it will take them "a few days to analyse and see if I'm eligible" so I'll just wait until at least the end of the week in my case.

My guess is that they are first cancelling and sending the "inconsistencies" emails to everyone who's "not eligible" (according to them) and only after start crediting the Avios to the new accounts that are eligible.
I am banking on no news is good news at least at this point with the thought that they are going to credit points all at once when the rejections are done.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by FrankMS
My 90K posted, but I did this with the intent on transferring to BA which they're not allowing now. I knew the risk was $270, so I'm certainly not complaining. It's all part of the MS risk/reward.
90K posted onto new account?

How was the flight pattern for the 10 bookings you made? same X-Y airports every other day or ?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:23 am

I too caught and fixed the double surname issue for my wife before she booked tickets. She only booked 4 one ways separated by a minimum of one day so she didnt max out the deal. Her IB+ number was attached to her bookings and her bookings showed up when she logged in to her account online up until Iberia locked her account. When i noticed it i reentered her IB+ number on the bookings. We sent in all of her paperwork (including confirmations showing her number on the reservation when it was booked) on the 3rd, and late last night she got the "inconsistencies" email.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jason8612
Same here.
Getting emails one by one of tickets canceled on a family member account with the same text:
DEAR CUSTOMER, RIR YOUR RESERVATION COULD NOT BE PROCESSED RIR SO THERE WILL NOT BE ANY CHARGE IN THE CREDIT CARD USED. RIR SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. RIR
Same email arrived a few hours ago for a family member's four reservations. Account is several years old. Credit card was charged, miles posted and had gotten the email about earning the promo miles. Viewing the reservation online does indeed show them as have been cancelled.

Miles are still in the account, not sure if they should spend them ASAP or what. I'm fine with the cancellation, wouldn't even need a refund, but I don't want them to lose out on being able to use those miles.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Same email arrived a few hours ago for a family member's four reservations. Account is several years old. Credit card was charged, miles posted and had gotten the email about earning the promo miles. Viewing the reservation online does indeed show them as have been cancelled.

Miles are still in the account, not sure if they should spend them ASAP or what. I'm fine with the cancellation, wouldn't even need a refund, but I don't want them to lose out on being able to use those miles.
Any more insight? Was this a ticket purchased for a US resident with a US credit card?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Originally Posted by alphaeagle

i am in the same boat / paid all flights with a German credit card and in EUR if this helps.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Still a great deal, but…

1) Iberia's social media communications were extremely clear during the promotion (buy, buy, buy, miles for everyone!!!!) and now all of a sudden no clear information whatsoever about the status of the newly created accounts ("inconsistencies", unexplained cancellations, etc.);
2) The first email they sent to the newly created accounts - more than a week after booking - clearly indicated that if you met the requirements, they would deposit the miles: "If you took part in our recent 9,000 extra Avios promotion for the purchase of tickets at Iberia.com, please attach a copy of any tickets purchased during the period and send it to us by 31 July 2018 in order to collect your Avios." And now without any explanation it seems they won't be depositing miles to newly created accounts.

Was planning to fly with my wife (new account) to a destination costing about 90.000 miles each. Seems we may need to 'settle' for a 45.000 miles each trip (or go without my wife.... let me think about that one....)
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:04 pm

Has anyone considered submitting a subject access request under the European GDPR for clarity on what the “inconsistencies” between bookings are?
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
I had opened 2 account due to last name being saved twice and they blocked by second account ( which I used for all bookings ).

I sent them all my tickets (under active account) on thrusday morning and haven't heard from them, their call center has ZERO authority , they only have one response -email clasica.

Is anyone in similar situation where their account deleted ?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by schwimmair
In Purgatory here...

Stats:
Opened my IB+ account in 3/18 so not a new account.
Booked all tickets on iberia.com/us website on the first day. US address.
Only booked the 10 flights for myself, no pets, etc.
IB+ # was and still is on all my reservations.
Have never been locked out of my account and no e-mail (checked Spam too) asking to fill out a form.

No points yet.

So far I sent a e-mail to [email protected] last night highlighting the stats above and received the correct email reception e-mail this morning.

Anyone else in the same situation?
Quick update. Crickets since my July 4th e-mail so resubmitted again today. Correct email reception hit almost immediately afterwards.
@jamieraedouglass how about you?

Will do a charge back in a few days if I don't hear from them.

Last edited by schwimmair; Jul 9, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:03 pm

Has anyone got the inconsistencies email and received a refund? I'm trying to see how long it will take for me to receive a refund....
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kbooks66
I am banking on no news is good news at least at this point with the thought that they are going to credit points all at once when the rejections are done.
Not sure how you're drawing that conclusion....

They've already begun rejecting legitimate applicants, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.