Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I also have a PDF "printout" of the whole website, but I can't link to it here, probably because it's too large (4MB) and the website tries to generate a preview image.

Replace hxxp with http below and it should work:

hXXp://www.filedropper.com/wwwiberiacomesofferiberiapluswinatripwithavios
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Has anyone replied to the "inconsistencies" email refusing the refund and heard back from Iberia after that?
My guess would be that they will not reply to emails, after all they have nothing to show.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I have replied to both the email yesterday on my husbands inconsistency with identity; his temporary PIN not working and my email of Booking inconsistencies. No replies to any of them
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by work2fly
I received no email offering a refund. What makes you think they did?
The dozens of other posts suggesting that when you provide the documentation sought, Iberia is responding by offering a refund.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Adam1222
The dozens of other posts suggesting that when you provide the documentation sought, Iberia is responding by offering a refund.
It seems sending the tickets is what prompts the 'inconsistencies' email from IB.

I only sent my passport scan so they would know my account was legitimately set up. No inconsistencies email nor any refund offer for me.

I'm not inclined to jump through another hoop for IB. I followed the rules and now it's time for them to pay up. If I accept a refund, it will only be through the credit card dispute process.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:58 am

That could actually have been a very smart move. Maybe I should have done that as well.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by 86BA7
I have also received the "inconsistencies" email. I only have one account and made two bookings, so it's a bit of a joke from Iberia. They're obviously trying to weasel out of the offer and it's quite disappointing not to see more coverage of this from those websites that spoke so highly about the offer..
The bloggers already earned their money from your page views. The more hysteria they can generate, the more money they make. One of them, TPG, pretty much laid out a strategy for IB to weasel out of the deal. While some are good guys, don't assume any of them are on your side.
johnwooz likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
My girlfriend received the email saying her documents are verified, but not the inconsistencies email. Her new and old PIN numbers both don’t work so we can’t see if anything is posted to her account.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: DL GM
Everyone should respond to the inconsistencies email with

1) what are booking inconsistencies
2) pic of T&Cs specifying no stipulation on return flights
3) plan on booking remainder travel later
4) screenshot of Iberia rep on twitter also saying if you missed your flight you still get your Avios as long as you booked

So really the only inconsistencies are on Iberia's side...
DebitNM likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:10 am

My father was in the same bookings as my brother and mother and he already received (and redeemed) the 90k Avios. His account was a couple months old.
But I don't want to mention that of course, otherwise they might cancel his award.
johnwooz likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
The "inconsistencies" term is bizarre, although I suppose I need to take into account that the communication was written by someone whose native language isn't English. The whole process of requesting documentation and then rejecting everyone is also bizarre.

Why not just email up front that we are cancelling your tickets because we don't think you're going to take the flights?

And, I'm not sure how the Airline Deregulation Action preemption applies here ... it broadly preempts many claims but not breach of contract. Then, wondering whether I can sue in small claims court since I live in a state where Iberia doesn't fly and the tickets are internal Spanish flights. Then there is the issue of how to prove a value of Avios -- perhaps the price they are selling them for.

Of course, I haven't received the inconsistencies email yet and we don't have any reports on what they are doing for people who reply back and inquire about inconsistencies.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
The "inconsistencies" term is bizarre, although I suppose I need to take into account that the communication was written by someone whose native language isn't English. The whole process of requesting documentation and then rejecting everyone is also bizarre.

Why not just email up front that we are cancelling your tickets because we don't think you're going to take the flights?

And, I'm not sure how the Airline Deregulation Action preemption applies here ... it broadly preempts many claims but not breach of contract. Then, wondering whether I can sue in small claims court since I live in a state where Iberia doesn't fly and the tickets are internal Spanish flights. Then there is the issue of how to prove a value of Avios -- perhaps the price they are selling them for.

Of course, I haven't received the inconsistencies email yet and we don't have any reports on what they are doing for people who reply back and inquire about inconsistencies.
Ok. I guess that whole Northwest Airlines v Ginsberg case decided by the Supreme Court was meaningless.
but if you want to go to court and claim you are entitled to miles for purchasing tickets that you bought with no intention of using-- which would pretty clearly be an independent basis for them to shut down your Iberia account-- have fun, sis.

Also, good luck with getting miles awarded to you in small claims court.

For those who are saying the only refund they will accept is via a chargeback, good luck with that and thanks for increasing the cost of credit cards for all of us. It is an abuse of the chargeback process to decline to use the merchants refund procedure and simply use chargeback because you want to punish the merchant. (And of course, if your ticket hasn't been canceled, the fact that you're not getting the miles you hoped would not be a valid basis for a chargeback.)

Last edited by Adam1222; Jul 8, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:05 pm

I wonder if it would help to buy full-flex tickets to complement the one-way tickets...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Ok. I guess that whole Northwest Airlines v Ginsberg case decided by the Supreme Court was meaningless.
but if you want to go to court and claim you are entitled to miles for purchasing tickets that you bought with no intention of using-- which would pretty clearly be an independent basis for them to shut down your Iberia account-- have fun, sis.

For those who are saying the only refund they will accept is via a chargeback, good luck with that and thanks for increasing the cost of credit cards for all of us.
I've certainly read the Ginsberg case. Ginsberg sued for the loss of his account asserting state law claims and didn't sue for the value of any lost miles. In particular, he sued for breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing challenging NW's decision to cancel his account when the T&C of the NW program allowed them to close an account.

The Supreme Court decision didn't address a claim for breach of contract -- which wouldn't have gotten him anywhere because they hadn't breach a contract since they could close his account. The Supreme Court has previously held the ADA doesn't preempt those claims: “terms and conditions airlines offer and passengers accept are privately ordered obligations” not “ ‘a State’s “enact[ment] or enforce[ment] [of] any law, rule, regulation, standard, or other provision having the force and effect of law” within the [pre-emption provision’s] meaning.’ American Airlines, Inc. v. Wolens, 513 U. S. 219.

Additionally, the Airline Deregulation Act deals with “prices, routes, or services." The Supreme Court didn't accept NW's argument that all claims against frequent flyer programs were preempted by the ADA: "Although respondent and amici claim there have been fundamental changes in the way that frequent flyer miles are earned since Wolens was decided, that does not matter here where respondent did not assert that he earned miles from any activity but taking flights or that he attempted to redeem miles for anything but tickets and upgrades."

Here, we're not claiming miles from taking flights but rather miles for making purchases. So, there's certainly a good faith argument that it's not preempted. Additionally, the law is clear that an individual can sue for breach of contract since the “terms and conditions airlines offer and passengers accept are privately ordered obligations."

So yes ... I get that Ginsberg case.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I wonder if it would help to buy full-flex tickets to complement the one-way tickets...
Seriously?! U sure want to be deeper in this hot mess? May even lose more money eventually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.