Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I know of you and one other poster on this thread. Where are you seeing reports of more? I'm withholding further judgement until I can tell this is systematic...
Others posted the email whereas i didnt. So im not the only one who got it. And i have to imagine there are and will be more.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by rubiohiguey
What itineraries were your bookings for? Were they one ways, same city pair, different dates? Were they logical Tour-de-Spain one ways not visiting same city twice?
They were flights from SDR - MAD, some were flights on the same day and on consecutive days. Unless the inconsistency is taking back to back flights from A to B on the same day...

Anyway, I think I'll admit defeat and take the refund. I'm in Canada so I'm sure they'll disqualify me for that.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:08 pm

I did all one ways SDR-MAD as well. I haven't gotten a response to my verification yet but if I get denied the avios I think it will be pretty clear they are just canceling peoples points due to that. Which obviously would be pretty misleading after their responses during the promotion.

Guess we will have to wait and see until more people start getting responses.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by brody24
So new accounts are effectively getting shafted even those that complied with all terms. I sort of wish I was the only one but since lots of people are getting the same screwjob, hopefully someone can figure out what "inconsistency" they could possibly be talking about.
+1

I agree the few DPs we have so far are pointing towards that trend. Of course more DPs are needed to give better clarity. We will be seeing that soon in the next few days.

IB must have figured they need to curtail their Avios losses in some way due to the strong response received. Existing account holders are fine and escaped unharmed for the most part - I am sure some if not many of them are booking flights with "inconsistent pattern". New account holders are all locked up and subject to further scrutiny and denied bonus if booked flights demonstrate 'inconsistencies'. 10 one-way flights from X to Y over consecutive days is definitely inconsistency, when you think about it.

They also know there would be backlash.. so offering full refund without a fee is a way to mollify the affected individuals

In short, it is looking like the winners are those who booked flights using an aged account, more so, those who booked early at the $18 OW rate.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Still wondering what those inconsistencies are that others are reporting. I have a mix of one way tickets but none involve impossible routiings. Otherwise, I fully complied with the T&C, am in a permissible country, and purchased while logged into my Iberia account. If they search, they'll see that a GF has tickets paid with the same credit card as mine, but we've flown together many times.

Is there anyone who responded to the email requesting verification who had points post?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by brody24
So new accounts are effectively getting shafted even those that complied with all terms. I sort of wish I was the only one but since lots of people are getting the same screwjob, hopefully someone can figure out what "inconsistency" they could possibly be talking about.
why are you a negative nelly? It’s way to soon say anything, just the emails gives us hope when it’s say that if we participate in the 9,000 promo do this, it could have just said you don’t quality with new acct, chill out!!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by yuel

why are you a negative nelly? It’s way to soon say anything, just the emails gives us hope when it’s say that if we participate in the 9,000 promo do this, it could have just said you don’t quality with new acct, chill out!!
On the other hand, no one with a new account has yet reported receiving Avios with which they are able to book flights.

I have the Avios but cannot use them until my account is unlocked.

I am cautiously optimistic but recognize that only accounts which existed prior to the promotion have received notice of a successful award.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by yuel

What?

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but I'm happy to chime in and be a 'negative nelly' too. The DPs, although not conclusive, clearly show a trend. I haven't seen a single DP with a new account receiving the bonus yet.

Assuming the DPs show the trend, I hope some of the more prominent travel bloggers will take this up. I know Lucky from OMAAT created a new account for his partner, for example. They have slightly more weight than me, mr nobody, who is completely powerless.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: GA, SQ, QR
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
My data points:

6/22: 2 accounts opened and 20x tickets booked
7/2: Accounts locked
7/3: Unlocked via app, but still no Avios
7/3: Sent ID and "Personal Data Rectification Request" form and received auto-confirmation immediately.
7/5: Mass email received asking for ID copy and ticket copies
7/5: Replied with requested info
7/6: Auto-confirmation of submission

I'm guessing for those that keep asking what else you can do, the answer right now is just follow the instructions and wait. A lot of us are in the same boat.
+1

6/22: 1 account + 10 tickets
7/2: Unlocked via app, but still no Avios
7/4: Sent ID and "Personal Data Rectification Request" form and received auto-confirmation immediately.
7/5 (3 am): Replied with requested info
7/7 (7 am): Auto-confirmation of Correct email reception
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Any update if folks buying after midnight 6/24 in Spain/Madrid got their points? I bought 8pm EST 6/24 and still haven't received mine. Account isn't locked, shows my bookings, and no points. Guess I need to email them.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:09 am

My account was opened in 2015 with some award activities. Bought 10 tickets on 6/22. No award avios so far. Emailed Iberia plus yesterday and no response yet. Anyone in the same boat? What to do next?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by asardeni
+1

6/22: 1 account + 10 tickets
7/2: Unlocked via app, but still no Avios
7/4: Sent ID and "Personal Data Rectification Request" form and received auto-confirmation immediately.
7/5 (3 am): Replied with requested info
7/7 (7 am): Auto-confirmation of Correct email reception
That tracks with my timeline except the Avios (90k) appeared in my account and as such I only replied with my ID on the 5th.

We’ll see what happens. I booked a series of one-way flights back and forth to Mallorca over a period of six weeks.

I am curious if they will simply undo the credit....

Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by quitecryptic
I did all one ways SDR-MAD as well. I haven't gotten a response to my verification yet but if I get denied the avios I think it will be pretty clear they are just canceling peoples points due to that. Which obviously would be pretty misleading after their responses during the promotion.

Guess we will have to wait and see until more people start getting responses.
Did you do five SDR-MAD and five MAD-SDR, so that you had a series of five round-trips?

Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Any update if folks buying after midnight 6/24 in Spain/Madrid got their points? I bought 8pm EST 6/24 and still haven't received mine. Account isn't locked, shows my bookings, and no points. Guess I need to email them.
I bought 8 tickets on June 22, and 2 tickets on June 24 7:55 PM ET (after midnight Spain time, before midnight UTC and ET), and received 72,000 Avios. I haven't yet attempted to follow up.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by pointsifu
My account was opened in 2015 with some award activities. Bought 10 tickets on 6/22. No award avios so far. Emailed Iberia plus yesterday and no response yet. Anyone in the same boat? What to do next?
Looks like we're in the same boat. I haven't received anything either and my account is an old account from 2016. I proactively sent them my tickets, itineraries, and passport front page, so, we'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.