Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by brody24
Yes, they said refund without any extra charges. The thinnest of silver linings but better to lose nothing as opposed to 280 if they are going to weasel their way out without an actual explanation.
What makes this all a bit more odd is if they were trying to weasel out of this, why affirmatively mention in the email that they sent recently about including copies of tickets to collect the 9k Avios?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
What makes this all a bit more odd is if they were trying to weasel out of this, why affirmatively mention in the email that they sent recently about including copies of tickets to collect the 9k Avios?
I assume so they can make it seem like they did their due diligence.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:39 pm

Sent in passport scan and Personal Data Rectification form on Tuesday. Sent the emailed booking confirmations (a compiled PDF of all confirmations) on Weds.
You did get the auto-reply email msg from Iberia for both emails you sent?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Just got response email (locked new account, sent in all required verification info). They said they will not honor it due to "inconsistencies in my bookings". No clue what that means or why they wont honor. They offered me option of cancellation. Unreal that these idiots wont honor given that i followed literally every term.
was your iberia plus number shown on every booking confirmation email? as i know some people didn't see it on their confirmation emails even though they added it to the booking during the booking process
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
My data points:

6/22: 2 accounts opened and 20x tickets booked
7/2: Accounts locked
7/3: Unlocked via app, but still no Avios
7/3: Sent ID and "Personal Data Rectification Request" form and received auto-confirmation immediately.
7/5: Mass email received asking for ID copy and ticket copies
7/5: Replied with requested info
7/6: Auto-confirmation of submission

I did same things, sent everything in again today as I didn't want them to say, oh we need your passport and form AGAIN since they weren't sent with the ticket copies.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
You did get the auto-reply email msg from Iberia for both emails you sent?
Yes, got auto-reply to everything I sent.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by twilson1995
was your iberia plus number shown on every booking confirmation email? as i know some people didn't see it on their confirmation emails even though they added it to the booking during the booking process
iberia Plus number was on every single one of the 10 booking confirmation emails.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:09 pm

iberia Plus number was on every single one of the 10 booking confirmation emails.
hmm thats worrying as i sent my email with passport, etickets and that form 2 days ago to no auto reply

sent the same email again this morning with the addition of pdf of every single email too and now just hoping for the best

got the auto reply this time though, so can't say they never received it haha
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:12 pm

hmm thats worrying as i sent my email with passport, etickets and that form 2 days ago to no auto reply

sent the same email again this morning with the addition of pdf of every single email too and now just hoping for the best

got the auto reply this time though, so can't say they never received it haha
Can't say never received but can easily say inconsistencies in your bookings without actually noting what the inconsistencies are. As we can see, its incredibly easy for them to weasel out of honoring the promo for the new accounts (even for legit purchasers like me).

They can now save tons of money (guarantee im not the only one this will happen to) and pretend that they have a basis to hide behind.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
We are sorry to inform that we have detected inconsistencies in your bookings; therefore, it is not possible for us to credit the promotional Avios into your account. As an exceptional case, you can request the total refund of your bookings (no extra charges).
I also sent my passport and e-ticket pdfs. I didn't get an auto response email for that one. I submitted another email this morning with my booking confirmation email instead; that one got an auto response. I'm curious what the consistency is. At least there is a free cancelation?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by elrednaxela
I also sent my passport and e-ticket pdfs. I didn't get an auto response email for that one. I submitted another email this morning with my booking confirmation email instead; that one got an auto response. I'm curious what the consistency is. At least there is a free cancelation?
I literally have no clue. All bookings made on June 22 from the US, each was for myself, with my IB+ number, and I literally made a combined PDF of thr consecutive email confirmations they sent me. So their explanation makes no sense. Only difference between the bookings is that some flights are Santander to Madrid, while a few are Seville to Madrid, but that obviously doesnt matter.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:16 pm

Can't say never received but can easily say inconsistencies in your bookings without actually noting what the inconsistencies are. As we can see, its incredibly easy for them to weasel out of honoring the promo for the new accounts (even for legit purchasers like me).

They can now save tons of money (guarantee im not the only one this will happen to) and pretend that they have a basis to hide behind.

yh just bloody hope they realise they're breaking the terms and conditions of their own offer... maybe a nice little email stating a few regulations etc would help once the dust has settled in a week or so
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:22 pm

yh just bloody hope they realise they're breaking the terms and conditions of their own offer... maybe a nice little email stating a few regulations etc would help once the dust has settled in a week or so
i just want them to tell me specifically what was "inconsistent" in my bookings. Im dying to know.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:23 pm

i just want them to tell me specifically what was "inconsistent" in my bookings. Im dying to know.
yh same here. its like they're just picking at straws with that word
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:32 pm

For you guys that get an auto-reply from Iberia on the 2nd or 3rd try, what did you do different versus the first email? Just resend at different time of the day?

Would be interested to know as well when anybody who did NOT get autoreply from Iberia after emailing, actually end up receiving a real response from Iberia - informing whether your 9K avios posted, or perhaps not, bc your booking is "inconsistent" etc... I have been putting off calling them unless it becomes necessary. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.