Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gnomey
For folks that send emails yesterday (with pp, form, ticket confirmation), but did not received auto-reply - did you resend the email again today?

And if yes, did you got the auto-reply from Iberia this time?
Yes, and yes. It took about 3 hours to get the confirm for this mornings re-send.
gnomey likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Originally Posted by kcl0203
IB member number detached from the ticket when the account was locked. I think you may try to reattach the booking to your current iberia account and appeal again.

Good luck.
thanks but there is no locked account. The ‘duplicate’ account seems to have been removed and there is no original / other account. They just seem to have deleted my mother!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MARRIOTT-PLT
I’m being patient and understanding with this promotion. Yes I wanted the Avios miles posted at the 10 day mark but I’m not going to lose any sleep if it takes twice or three times that to post so they can do their due diligence. Where else can I get two business class tickets from Nice, Fr to Miami, FL for $270. If it works out, which I have faith it will, I’ll be extremely happy. If not, I’m out $270 or requesting a refund. It was always a gamble for me.

I received my email from Iberia this morning requesting the identification proof and copy of the promo tickets. I sent those in and got a confirmation reply three hours later.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:30 am

Anybody else receiving confirmation emails today from Iberia after sending tickets and ID document?

I haven't received any confirmation email and neither has my wife, so I'm trying to decide if I should be concerned.
We both sent them last night, and when we had received no reply early this morning we sent them again at 7AM est.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was a victim of their IT issues. I ended up creating multiple accounts because I received an error that my passport number was incorrect (I re-tried with three different passport numbers - I have three citizenships). In the meantime, Iberia was creating each account despite the error, and I only realized this after checking my email and seeing multiple "welcome to Iberia" emails. This morning, I received this from Iberia:

Dear customer,
We have noticed that several Iberia Plus accounts have recently been registered in your name. For your security, we have cancelled the duplicated accounts, leaving the original and oldest one active. You can continue to enjoy all the benefits of the programme through this account. Likewise, if you took part in the 9,000 bonus Avios promotion for purchasing at Iberia.com from 21 to 24 June 2018, we will record the relevant Avios to your account. If you have purchased a ticket associated with the cancelled account and would like a refund or would like to perform any other transaction regarding it, please contact us via email at [email protected], including your Iberia Plus number in the subject line and stating:
Ticket number to be refunded (you can see the number in your confirmation email, starting 075-…).
Iberia Plus number associated with the ticket.
You may request a refund for the ticket at no extra cost until 31 July 2018 (GMT+2).

After receiving this email, I was able to login and recover one of the accounts, but not the account I used to book the tickets. I emailed again with:

Dear Sir / Madam

My Iberia account is currently locked. Please see attached for the form to unblock the account. During the registration process, Iberia's site gave me an error saying my passport number was not acceptable. I tried with three passport numbers (I have three citizenships) and all three gave me an error, however despite this error Iberia created multiple accounts in my name. I only became aware of this after checking my email. I booked 10 tickets (also attached) through your 9,000 avios promotion using the Iberia account XXXXXXX, which was the final account created under my name. I received an email this morning from Iberia saying this account was cancelled, and the only account which was retained is YYYYYY.

Could you please transfer my bookings to YYYYYY and award the avios under this account. I am also requesting for you to unblock the account YYYYYYY.

Thank you very much for your help.

No auto-reply yet. As a data point, I signed up on Friday June 21st at 8:15pm Mountain Time. The difference between the email confirming my first account and my last account was 14 minutes, and 396 account numbers. My girlfriend signed up 2 hours later and hers was 2,970 account numbers higher than my last one. So including duplicate accounts, they must be dealing with a ton of volume, especially since the promotion became more popular as the weekend progressed!

In response to some of the comments above, there is no doubt they blew it on this one. You can talk all you want about how people opening a new account and booking 10 low-cost flights will never be good customers, but that misses the point for two reasons:
  1. Their terrible systems, communication and management of this promotion caused a bad impression with valuable customers, as well as non-valuable customers. There are tons of people on this thread who booked 3 or 4 flights to various destinations which they fully intend to fly, and now will probably never book with Iberia again. These customers were a target of the promotion and now are probably wary of interacting with Iberia's terrible IT and customer service again
  2. Those who booked 10 low-cost flights might be taking advantage of Iberia's generosity today, but they could certainly become customers tomorrow. I will never be a high-value customer to Iberia, and they might not recover the cost of the promotion through my business, but I still might have become a customer. Good experiences with a brand promote loyalty, repeat business, and referrals. The backbone of any business is making sure your customers have a positive, consistent experience with the brand. A large set of low-value customers can still be a positive contributor to the airline in the future, even if they don't recover the cost of the promotion.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by david_oz
I was a victim of their IT issues. I ended up creating multiple accounts because I received an error that my passport number was incorrect (I re-tried with three different passport numbers - I have three citizenships). In the meantime, Iberia was creating each account despite the error, and I only realized this after checking my email and seeing multiple "welcome to Iberia" emails. This morning, I received this from Iberia:

Dear customer,
We have noticed that several Iberia Plus accounts have recently been registered in your name. For your security, we have cancelled the duplicated accounts, leaving the original and oldest one active. You can continue to enjoy all the benefits of the programme through this account. Likewise, if you took part in the 9,000 bonus Avios promotion for purchasing at Iberia.com from 21 to 24 June 2018, we will record the relevant Avios to your account. If you have purchased a ticket associated with the cancelled account and would like a refund or would like to perform any other transaction regarding it, please contact us via email at [email protected], including your Iberia Plus number in the subject line and stating:
Ticket number to be refunded (you can see the number in your confirmation email, starting 075-…).
You may request a refund for the ticket at no extra cost until 31 July 2018 (GMT+2).

After receiving this email, I was able to login and recover one of the accounts, but not the account I used to book the tickets. I emailed again with:

Dear Sir / Madam

My Iberia account is currently locked. Please see attached for the form to unblock the account. During the registration process, Iberia's site gave me an error saying my passport number was not acceptable. I tried with three passport numbers (I have three citizenships) and all three gave me an error, however despite this error Iberia created multiple accounts in my name. I only became aware of this after checking my email. I booked 10 tickets (also attached) through your 9,000 avios promotion using the Iberia account XXXXXXX, which was the final account created under my name. I received an email this morning from Iberia saying this account was cancelled, and the only account which was retained is YYYYYY.

Could you please transfer my bookings to YYYYYY and award the avios under this account. I am also requesting for you to unblock the account YYYYYYY.

No auto-reply yet. As a data point, I signed up on Friday June 21st at 8:15pm Mountain Time. The difference between the email confirming my first account and my last account was 14 minutes, and 396 account numbers. My girlfriend signed up 2 hours later and hers was 2,970 account numbers higher than my last one. So including duplicate accounts, they must be dealing with a ton of volume, especially since the promotion became more popular as the weekend progressed!

In response to some of the comments above, there is no doubt they blew it on this one. You can talk all you want about how people opening a new account and booking 10 low-cost flights will never be good customers, but that misses the point for two reasons:
  1. Their terrible systems, communication and management of this promotion caused a bad impression with valuable customers, as well as non-valuable customers. There are tons of people on this thread who booked 3 or 4 flights to various destinations which they fully intend to fly, and now will probably never book with Iberia again. These customers were a target of the promotion and now are probably wary of interacting with Iberia's terrible IT and customer service again
  2. Those who booked 10 low-cost flights might be taking advantage of Iberia's generosity today, but they could certainly become customers tomorrow. I will never be a high-value customer to Iberia, and they might not recover the cost of the promotion through my business, but I still might have become a customer. Good experiences with a brand promote loyalty, repeat business, and referrals. The backbone of any business is making sure your customers have a positive, consistent experience with the brand. A large set of low-value customers can still be a positive contributor to the airline in the future, even if they don't recover the cost of the promotion.
i agree 100000% but some guys here don’t want to hear that.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
Were they getting any before? You don't sound like a great prize as a customer...

This is getting ridiculous, you can just wait a couple of days. I didn't take part in this promotion, but I actually am a frequent IB flyer. Now, as a side effect no doubt of thousands of travel hackers and a bunch of scammers, I cannot move my Avios online from IB+ to BAEC. I wonder whether I should post every couple of hours on this thread bemoaning this fact, adding nothing of value to it, or whether I should just wait a couple of days.

The people who bought 10 cheap tickets to get the 90000 Avios are not necessarily the ideal kind of customers. And in any case the needless frustration amounts to waiting a few extra days. Having this kind of impatience must make air travel in general a real challenge.
Originally Posted by sb1982
Seriously now, yawn.
Originally Posted by frenchft
Iberia, how to transform an amazing opportunity to shine into a terrible and pathetic mess.
They will never ever get any of my business.
Was it news for you that a spanish airline are really slow and byroctratic? 😆
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by david_oz

Dear customer,

Dear Sir / Madam

Hopefully you get it resolved and they do post the AVIOS to your account as it sounds a genuine issue/error. Hopefully they will see it as that. Sadly because IB did get a large volume of scammers it has delayed things for genuine people. The difference in your case is that you have conducted yourself without multiple posts of crazy rants and drama queen style DYKWIA!
Adam1222 and SPiKA85 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Obviously you lot don't know what Spanish IT is like. Have a read about the issues TSB had.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Got my points, booked a CX reward no problem. Easily one of the best windfall promotions I've taken a risk on. I know a lot of people are still dealing with drama, but that's kind of the inherent risk in taking advantage of any "too good to be true" promotion. I see no evidence of fraud or deception by IB, and urge those who are going on about that to think twice, as it's not going to get you the points.
As for those people who are pretending that though they have not had an Iberia account in the past, but Iberia should be concerned about the potential value of them as a customer, let's be honest- the chances of you being a customer of any value to Iberia are slim to none. You may fly a short haul flight if you get to Spain sometime in the next few years, but you probably would fly IB or Vueling no matter what, because you are price-sensitive and they serve the most non-stop markets in Spain. Every time there's a promotion that's widely advertised on blogs, people come out of the woodwork who have no prior experience with the company, something happens that disappoints them, and then they rant about customer service as if they ever had any intention of being a paying customer.
The number of people who will "never fly Iberia again" and actually had an intent to pay is miniscule. People being loud and entitled is often what leads to promotions *not* being honored.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Hopefully you get it resolved and they do post the AVIOS to your account as it sounds a genuine issue/error. Hopefully they will see it as that. Sadly because IB did get a large volume of scammers it has delayed things for genuine people. The difference in your case is that you have conducted yourself without multiple posts of crazy rants and drama queen style DYKWIA!
thanks for the compliment. I have to admit there have been some really funny posts here in the last few days. the irony is I've been an occasional Iberia customer in the past (always credited points to BA or QF so never had an IB account), I did my MBA in Madrid, and will be a regular visitor there for the rest of my life. So even those of us who are "taking advantage" of the promotion have the possibility to become a long-term customer.

Last edited by david_oz; Jul 5, 2018 at 1:22 pm Reason: correction
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by frenchft
you got stats? because most of the people and there received nothing... and are facing the crappy Iberia IT and useless support. Good for you to get the miles, but I'm pretty sure the majority of people are still trying to sort this out and I can tell you that Iberia CS does not help.
In Argentina we are several hundred crazy frequent fliers looking for promotions and are connected Via Twitter mostly. We also rely information from TPG, and other frequent flyer sites. All of us who did have accounts in IB before the promotion got our miles and most already have issued our tickets to Europe. So we are all very happy.

Stats are very difficult to obtain, and as I said in my post, my opinion (personal) is that IB handled and is handling this extremely well given the unreal Situation (they) caused. Again, I don't expect first class service from IB as I don't expect first class service from any US airline. Complaints are abundant about probably every single airline company. Patience does not seem to be a virtue these days.

Again, IMHO this was a great promotion in every aspect.

Please excuse my English as it is not my mother tongue.
C17PSGR, DELLAS and davm666 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chejus

I agree with you about the promotion - and I disagree with you about your English as your mastery of English is far better than many here who speak English as a first language.
C17PSGR, chejus and davm666 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by chejus

In Argentina we are several hundred crazy frequent fliers looking for promotions and are connected Via Twitter mostly. We also rely information from TPG, and other frequent flyer sites. All of us who did have accounts in IB before the promotion got our miles and most already have issued our tickets to Europe. So we are all very happy.

Stats are very difficult to obtain, and as I said in my post, my opinion (personal) is that IB handled and is handling this extremely well given the unreal Situation (they) caused. Again, I don't expect first class service from IB as I don't expect first class service from any US airline. Complaints are abundant about probably every single airline company. Patience does not seem to be a virtue these days.

Obviously, they had not thought through the unexpected consequences of the promotion. Once they realized it, they could have tried to figure out a way out of it, but they didn't.

It appears that they ultimately decided to see if they could pare down their exposure by asking new accounts to verify they were real. I assume this was the major focus in IB's HQ for the past few days with lots of meetings and emails. So, while I would liked to have had the miles in my account already, I'm not shocked or particular disappointed but more impressed they didn't try to get out of this. And, I'm a Oneworld Emerald who has flown on IB a couple of times but credited it to my AA account.
chejus likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Obviously, they had not thought through the unexpected consequences of the promotion. Once they realized it, they could have tried to figure out a way out of it, but they didn't.

It appears that they ultimately decided to see if they could pare down their exposure by asking new accounts to verify they were real. I assume this was the major focus in IB's HQ for the past few days with lots of meetings and emails. So, while I would liked to have had the miles in my account already, I'm not shocked or particular disappointed but more impressed they didn't try to get out of this. And, I'm a Oneworld Emerald who has flown on IB a couple of times but credited it to my AA account.
Fully agree that Iberia is handling this very very well. Got my 90.000 avios.

But what I do not understand is why they just didn't end the promo early. It appears they got bombarded with emails, calls and tweets during the promotion period so they must have been aware that the promo got way more exposure than they probably expected. But instead of ending the promo early, they kept sending out positive messages (no need to actually fly, etc. etc.).

Also, I know 90.000 avios for less than EUR 300 is a very very good deal, but many many people in the US got the British Airways credit card a couple of years ago that costs $ 80 a year and after spending $ 3000 awarded 100.000 avios.
Lizie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.