Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by flyuk
"i created multiple accounts for family members including my dog and cat, then and booked 10 one way flights for each of them, which i have no intention of using just to get free avios, yet i'm upset that the company might think i'm trying to scam them, and has taken steps to make sure i'm not. I'm also furious that they won't let me transfer them out, even though they said that i wouldn't be able to..."

i'm going to run out of popcorn soon.

Just play the game, follow the rules, send them the documents they want and be understandable when they say they are busy, because, you know, they are... People were booking over 100 flights just for themselves.
stop making sense!
flyuk likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:07 am

I am so lucky I get 90000 avios and I transfer to British airways !!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by shih987
I am so lucky I get 90000 avios and I transfer to British airways !!
The trolls are out today...
davm666 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliáRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Originally Posted by kcl0203
Iberia has sent two different version email. Although I haven't received any avios so far. I think they are doing this fair.

1) You can only get refund

Dear customer,

We have noticed that several Iberia Plus accounts have recently been registered in your name. For your security, we have cancelled the duplicated accounts, leaving the original and oldest one active.

You can continue to enjoy all the benefits of the programme through this account. Likewise, if you took part in the 9,000 bonus Avios promotion for purchasing at Iberia.com from 21 to 24 June 2018, we will record the relevant Avios to your account.

If you have purchased a ticket associated with the cancelled account and would like a refund or would like to perform any other transaction regarding it, please contact us via email at [email protected], including your Iberia Plus number in the subject line and stating:
Ticket number to be refunded (you can see the number in your confirmation email, starting 075-…).
Iberia Plus number associated with the ticket.
You may request a refund for the ticket at no extra cost until 31 July 2018 (GMT+2).

Kind regards
The Iberia Plus team

2. You still have chance to get 90k avios

Thank you for your interest in the Iberia Plus programme.

It is a standard requirement of our programme to check the registration details for your Iberia Plus account. To help us do this, please email a copy of the official identity document you used for registration to[email protected]. The subject line of the email must include your Iberia Plus number in order for us to process it and you must send it to us by 31 July (GMT+2). If the documentation is not received before this date, we will be unable to register you for the Iberia Plus programme and you will not have access to any of the associated benefits.

If you took part in our recent 9,000 extra Avios promotion for the purchase of tickets at Iberia.com, please attach a copy of any tickets purchased during the period and send it to us by 31 July 2018 in order to collect your Avios.

Once we have verified your identification and proof of ticket purchase we will award the Avios due—as per the campaign terms and conditions—to your account.

Kind regards and we hope to see you on board again soon.

The Iberia Plus team
I really hope that there is still a chance of avios with email 1. I had a completely legit account for my mother cancelled. Definitely no duplicate account that Iberia have sent details of and had no issue creating the account on the Iberia website. Makes me wonder if IBERIA try to match accounts with just name or something ridiculous. Would mean poor John Smith has no hope!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by flyuk
The trolls are out today...
In fact, it can happen. But their BA accounts very likely been locked today.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by johnwooz
In fact, it can happen. But their BA accounts very likely been locked today.
Yes, in the end I did manage to move the 90,000 out of my account in small chunks to BAEC via avios.com but now my BA account is locked.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Talking

While the most appropriate adjective in this context would probably be "discriminatory", "discriminating" can also be a negative.
The leeway given by some to non-native English speakers can be a thing of beauty sometimes.
Originally Posted by jspira
Since discriminating is a postive, how is it that and insulting?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Gomac
Yes, in the end I did manage to move the 90,000 out of my account in small chunks to BAEC via avios.com but now my BA account is locked.
wait ? WHAT !
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

wait ? WHAT !
It could just be a coincidence as over the past few days I've been transferring avios left right and centre and added new people to my family and friends account, so it could be an anti-fraud measure rather than because I transferred in the avios.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mrt88
Honestly, Iberia could have just canceled the promo, I think this got way out of control as it was designed badly and they are honestly trying to make it work now, this is going better than I expected. If all we need to do is send in some paperwork, that is fine by me. Several newbies to this points game got in over their heads and are b!tch!ng way too much.
I for one set my expectations low going into this, and am pleased with how it is progressing.
Exactly. Iberia is trying to uphold their end of the offer (which is very impressive) but are obviously trying to protect themselves from fraudulent activity or that which goes against their T&Cs. Kudos to them, even if it means some people are seeing a delay in their points hitting - they are still honouring the offer where appropriate.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
It could just be a coincidence as over the past few days I've been transferring avios left right and centre and added new people to my family and friends account, so it could be an anti-fraud measure rather than because I transferred in the avios.
well thanks for the info. I’ll wait before more people report on transferring these before I do ;-) good luck!
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Mine is not (currently!) locked. I transfered my bonus points IB -> Avios -> BAEC.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
Mine is not (currently!) locked. I transfered my bonus points IB -> Avios -> BAEC.
Thanks for the update, it does seem then it's because of my unusual activity. I will give them a call and see what they say.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:38 am

Its more likely due to too frequently moving avios between accounts (moving 90k at least need more than 20 times i bet) and/or changing email+address (in order to match with each others).
Most ppl around me moved avios yesterday got their ba acct locked today due to "security measure". I did call but no further info could be provided. They just asked me to wait for email/mail to be sent from avios uk centre.
Anyway, I made redemptions already and only few leftovers there. I dont mind to provide any proof as I did over 5 times in the past (yes! My avios account was locked over 5 times in past years with very stupid reasons like someone logged in outside uk, email address has been changed twice within two mins... Blah blah...).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by johnwooz
Its more likely due to too frequently moving avios between accounts (moving 90k at least need more than 20 times i bet) and/or changing email+address (in order to match with each others).
Most ppl around me moved avios yesterday got their ba acct locked today due to "security measure". I did call but no further info could be provided. They just asked me to wait for email/mail to be sent from avios uk centre.
Anyway, I made redemptions already and only few leftovers there. I dont mind to provide any proof as I did over 5 times in the past (yes! My avios account was locked over 5 times in past years with very stupid reasons like someone logged in outside uk, email address has been changed twice within two mins... Blah blah...).
A few days ago I moved a few lots of 1000 from BAEC to avios in the hope I could put them in iberia to ensure it was seen as an active account before the 90,000 hit but it didn't work so I put them back in BAEC. Yesterday when the 90,000 hit I moved them into avios in very small chunks and then into BAEC in two lots. I have never had any issues logging into my account before, nor have I ever been audited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.