Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

yes to both.
Thanks... I'll keep on waiting....

Originally Posted by jamieraedouglass
My account is about a year old. Purchased the points on the 21st. Nothing has posted yet. Anyone in a similar position?
I'm in a similar situation, about a year old account but purchased on the 24th - still no points. There's been reports on people who purchased tickets anywhere between 21-24 of June and received points, but also people who didn't.
I guess we will have to play the wait game.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ben289
Booked flights on 6/22 with an account that is 6 months old and no points posted yet. Created an account for my wife on 6/23 and booked flights, her account was locked and we have already sent in the form and copy of passport. Now we are able to access her account using the app to get a new pin, but all of her bookings no longer show her IB+ number on the reservation. Her flights still show up under the bookings tab when she logs in, just no number attached. They were there up until her account was locked. I have copies of the confirmation emails showing the number attached. Has anyone else run into this problem? Just wondering if i should reach out to them or wait and hope it gets resolved when they verify her ID.
I am in the same boat too. My wife's bookings lost her IB+ Number when we used the app to unlock.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The reason we couldn't transfer from BA to IB was that my gf's account wasn't "active."
Apparently it's not enough for the account to be older than 90 days and have a positive Avios balance.
We just bought 2k Avios for her account, but the transfer still fails.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by kbooks66
I am in the same boat too. My wife's bookings lost her IB+ Number when we used the app to unlock.
Thats certainly odd. I just reset PIN via the app, and while I'm unable to actually use Avios at the moment until they validate, the bookings are the same as before (I had manually added Avios number a few days ago, even though they were in the original confirmations). I wouldn't worry so long as you kept the original email confirmations containing your Avios number.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
So have we confirmed these do transfer to BA ?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS,TK
i have an old account... point is posted too
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: SPG HHonors
I have an account from 5 years ago; nothing has posted. Bought on Sunday, June 24.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: QF Gold, CX Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
The reason we couldn't transfer from BA to IB was that my gf's account wasn't "active."
Apparently it's not enough for the account to be older than 90 days and have a positive Avios balance.
We just bought 2k Avios for her account, but the transfer still fails.
It has been a few years since I opened both my accounts and made transfers but I think it was 90 days from the first point earned (I could be mistaken though)

in any case, I tried to move some points from BA to IB today to top up for an award and I also had no success. BA account opened and active since 2012, IB account open and active since 2014.

Programs: UA & AA
Anyone know if you get a reply from Iberia once they unlock your account after sending in the form/copy of passport? Have a new account where I reset the pin, but 0 avios right now.

Originally Posted by kbooks66
I feel your pain. In our case i actually don't think it was the app. When her account was locked yesterday i went online and looked up her reservations to make sure they weren't canceled. That's the first time i noticed that her IB+ number was missing. Anyways, i figure i will go in and re add them now, guess it couldn't hurt and may speed up the process down the road.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
I spoke with the Iberia service center.
The 90k Avios are in my account but Iberia has a backlog of the "PERSONAL DATA RECTIFICATION REQUEST" forms which are submitted along with a copy of passport or other identifying document.
They are telling customers that it will take up to SEVEN days to authorize the accounts.
I'm not surprised - there's no way they could go through thousands of new accounts so quickly.
And it makes sense that existing Iberia Plus members can access award inventory in the meantime - what are the chances that these new accounts will become frequent travelers?
And the "they're missing out on an opportunity to get a new customer" line - well, let's just say that I don't buy it.
This is an incredible offer and a lot of people who never expect to fly Iberia (or who already have their Iberia flights credited to BA or AA) have taken advantage.
It's remarkable that Iberia is honoring the deals, tbh.
Adam1222 and ChocolateFactory like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by doomxpatrol
Anyone know if you get a reply from Iberia once they unlock your account after sending in the form/copy of passport? Have a new account where I reset the pin, but 0 avios right now.
Communication isn't their thing so I certainly wouldn't expect any notification. its not like they ever notified us that our accounts were being blocked in the first place or that there were concrete steps we need to take to get them unblocked. Ridiculous that they couldn't just send around one uniform email blast to the relevant accounts with the basic instructions. So if they couldn't even do that one generic email, you can bet you won't get specific word on any updates in the unlock process.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by ICanFly!
I spoke with the Iberia service center.
The 90k Avios are in my account but Iberia has a backlog of the "PERSONAL DATA RECTIFICATION REQUEST" forms which are submitted along with a copy of passport or other identifying document.
They are telling customers that it will take up to SEVEN days to authorize the accounts.
I'm not surprised - there's no way they could go through thousands of new accounts so quickly.
And it makes sense that existing Iberia Plus members can access award inventory in the meantime - what are the chances that these new accounts will become frequent travelers?
And the "they're missing out on an opportunity to get a new customer" line - well, let's just say that I don't buy it.
This is an incredible offer and a lot of people who never expect to fly Iberia (or who already have their Iberia flights credited to BA or AA) have taken advantage.
It's remarkable that Iberia is honoring the deals, tbh.
Can you provide the number to the customer service? I called one number and he told me wrong department, call number x...called that number and she said wrong department, call this number......I'm starting to think CSR just don't want to deal with this promo and are just pointing them to another rep.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:19 pm

And to be clear - changing your PIN may get you into your account, but it won’t be unlocked until you complete the form and email it along with a copy of your passport etc.

Resetting PIN will not cut it.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:34 pm

I may have back-doored it:+34913894357Ask for the Iberia Plus Service Center right away and they will transfer you - at least it worked for me with my cheery and polite disposition. Being a jerk will get you nowhere with these nice folks. They are doing the best they can with enormous call volume.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.