Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Nah. they wouldn't be doing the sock puppet hunt if they were planning a mass welch. It's an expensive and time consuming thing to do.
What sock puppet hunt? They just locked all accounts created in a certain period. That takes 5 minutes in the database.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by thourb
Today a random 500 Avois have been credited "Courtesy of Intercontinental Hotels Group"..
I received those too, but are dated on November 2017. They must be from the sign up bonus, but a bit delayed.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
What sock puppet hunt? They just locked all accounts created in a certain period. That takes 5 minutes in the database.
And to re-open the accounts someone has to manually verify passport and other ID. That's what takes the time. No-one would allocate time and resources to that and then cancel the promotion.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
1) I'm not going to quote every single post in this thread, but there was sufficient discussion where upon a figure of 100k was as a conservative figure arrived at, based mostly on blogs and traffic. In support of that, there was a figure of 40k new accounts alone created on the saturday-sunday (24 hour) period that someone identified earlier. So an 100k+ figure does not seem out of the question. ???

2) I don't recall the exact figures, but it tends to issue just north of 100 billion avios per year. As an indicator, 100k*90k is 9 billlion (there also tends to be 3 year expiry). This issuing of avios seems a reasonably big percentage, 10% extra and..

the concern here is the fact that there is a defined spend period, and the interpretation by many that it will have to be Iberia metal. Factor in the majority of people 'aware' of this promotion were not typical iberia customers and the likelihood is that desirable spend of avios will be aimed toward particular long haul routes in premium seats... then the likelihood of availability seems reasonable. As for hysterics, I don't know what that is.. this is the internet..

From memory, this 9 billion (based on 100k accounts) issuance of avios would represent just over 5% of total avios.
So it's a guess then! I know other bloggers have estimated far lower than that. Just because people with almost no information may reach a consensus on here, doesn't mean it's remotely accurate.

Has it been demonstrated that IB numbers run sequentially? If they run on a pattern that number could easily be way too high - not to mention all the people who made accounts for general use and not this promo.

I'd argue more Avios than that get issued now (it was 101bn back in 2015), which would bring it down to more like 8%.

If so many people think you have to redeem with Iberia then that should leave plenty of availability with all the partners. Not to mention many people are planning to redeem for hotels etc.

I never disputed that availability will be lower than if this never happened, that's inevitable, I was responding to all the people going on about how ALL the redemptions will vanish - which is beyond absurd.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC
I have an auto-conversion from Le Club Accor to Iberia (don't stay in Accor properties enough to make use of it). On 26th June ~4,000 points got transferred but they still haven't shown in my Iberia account. Seems strange that it would take over a week to show - and I know for sure that the accounts are linked correctly.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by mrvincent
I have an auto-conversion from Le Club Accor to Iberia (don't stay in Accor properties enough to make use of it). On 26th June ~4,000 points got transferred but they still haven't shown in my Iberia account. Seems strange that it would take over a week to show - and I know for sure that the accounts are linked correctly.

It's hard to say it's unrelated completely. but I wouldn't worry quite yet. I've done three transfers (auto-convert) in the last quarter, and they have all taken in excess of a week to surface in my Iberia account. I'm sure it used to be quicker, but that might be my memory playing tricks.
mrvincent likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by seattle29
Definitely some work going on behind the scenes. The last activity on my account was 2016, and today I had 900 Avios deducted (leaving a balance of minus 900). It simply says "ACCOUNT READJUSTMENT-0508". No idea what for.
Maybe someone in the IT team is practising for later, but missed two zeros off by mistake
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
10 days here and no avios?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by mdj1
10 days here and no avios?
jesus christ have some darn patience.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: BA, JAL
i suspect it's a great short term buy for iag shares . their june traffic figures, which are announced soon, should wow investors.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: LH
In November/december Iberia had status match promo targetted at AB/LH. The T&Cs stated to status match within 14 days. In reality it took them almost 2 months. I do not expect this promo to be anything different.
zgringo14 and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:42 am

Where do we find the 2019 peak and off-peak calendar for Iberia Avios?

On the Iberia website they only show up through 2018.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
FYI for anyone not familiar with IB, Avios post once a day overnight in Spain. So if you don't have them now, more checking won't do anything until the evening in the US.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by rje444
Where do we find the 2019 peak and off-peak calendar for Iberia Avios?

On the Iberia website they only show up through 2018.
Here you go: https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...alendars-2019/
swingaling likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by shady
In November/december Iberia had status match promo targetted at AB/LH. The T&Cs stated to status match within 14 days. In reality it took them almost 2 months. I do not expect this promo to be anything different.
Think this might be a bit different considering probably 95%+ people wanting the Avios to actually make a booking (including me).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.