Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I honestly hope they'll simply issue a refund for new accounts or clamp down on this in some other way. Otherwise I feel the risk of them not honoring the promotion for anyone is just too high.
I booked 80 tickets by the way. ;-)
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I honestly hope they'll simply issue a refund for new accounts or clamp down on this in some other way. Otherwise I feel the risk of them not honoring the promotion for anyone is just too high.
I booked 80 tickets by the way. ;-)
Well, now we know how they plan to clamp down. If the account was newly-created, they are requesting that you provide a snapshot of the passport to match the ID of the account. In other words, they want to make sure you didn't create a fake account with a non-existent passport number. If you booked 80 tickets, hopefully you did so with 8 legit accounts, each linked to an actual person with verifiable passport info. If not, then you may run into some trouble.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Of course I booked for family members, and only after they asked me to book.
They didn't have their ID documents at hand though, so I created their accounts with dummy data. We'll see how that will go, but I've submitted passport information anyhow.

I was really tempted to sign up my dog, but I wasn't sure if 5-year-olds can be Iberia Plus members.

I doubt that there will be a lot of fake accounts. Most of us probably know enough people they could convince to jump on this promotion.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
So this has just come through from [email protected] (bolding mine):

​​​​​​Dear Coathanger:

Regarding your request, we inform you that we have checked your Iberia Plus account details and we noticed your country of residency is AUSTRALIA, we are sorry to inform you that our 9,000 Avios promotion was not valid for this country.
For this reason, it is not possible for us to credit the corresponding 9,000 Avios, since there is a discrepancy between your Iberia Plus account and your bookingżs country of issue.
We kindly recommend you to contact our Customer Service Line at the phone number (+1) 800 772 4642 and request the total reimbursement of your tickets.
Also we would like to inform you that your Iberia plus account has been blocked for security reason. In order to activate your account, it is necessary to send an email to [email protected] with a signed copy of the Rectification Data Document and a copy of your ID or Passport.
You can download the Rectification Data Document from the link below:
https://www.iberia.com/ibcomv3/conte...bloqueopin.pdf

When you send us the documents, please write your Iberia Plus number in the email subject.
We apologize for the inconveniences this may have cause you.

Best regards,
Your Iberia Plus Service Center.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:09 pm

anyone have any luck filing claims with card issuers? Think that's my next course of action - doubt this will be honored.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:09 pm

That is actually the most reasonable way to clamp down on this.
What's the likeliness of somebody flying in from the other side of the world to fly 10 domestic flights within Spain back and forth?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Coathanger
So this has just come through from [email protected] (bolding mine):
you sent them your informations before receiving this email or just received?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Weird, they didn't asked me the Iberia avios number in subject of the email, neither the PDF.
Not sure if good idea to send a new email...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
What a nice little adventure !
Just mailed them my passport scan like a message in a bottle, hoping to unlock the door to aviooos aplenty...
Then again, some evil part of me is secretly hoping for a major ....-up on their part, just in order to collectively double-up and get our first FT class action... How cool would that be
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by frenchft
The promo had a requirement that you be located in "Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Russia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, or the US". So if he is in Australia, then its a good thing they informed him before this dragged out any further.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:20 pm

No, the promo requirement was that you book on the country-specific website.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by frenchft
I sent them an email immediately after booking with the 10 eTicket numbers to confirm eligibility.

Originally Posted by brody24
The promo had a requirement that you be located in "Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Russia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, or the US". So if he is in Australia, then its a good thing they informed him before this dragged out any further.
The T&Cs stated you had to book through the Iberia.com website for the above countries, without a residency requirement.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by brody24
It was not from a specific website, it was that your account is located in a specific country.
You can be Australian, currently in Singapore booking on US website with a French address > will work.
At least it's what I understand, the important thing is the address in your avios account. Maybe I'm wrong but it's the way I understood it.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:24 pm

What worries me more is that they're asking on Twitter whether you were logged into your account when booking. That was not mentioned in the T&C.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:25 pm

Anyway this promo was vague enough to be able to play the game but also vague enough to lead to such issues
Gambling but funny stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.