Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by a9504477
I didn't book any IB flights as the promo just seemed to good to be true, so don't have a stake. But it does put a different spin on the promo - maybe it was all well thought through and they expected people to get greedy and generate multiple accounts so that they can now use the funds from the flights that were booked there to fund the payout of the avios? ;-)
Not a likely theory, funny though, but I wonder how the 'fake' accounts will make out with attempting charge backs if they're denied.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:16 pm

My account is new for the promo. Tried to login, failed. Clicked to recover PIN, redirected to a page with this message:

To regain access to your Iberia Plus personal area, please send the following completed form together with an oficial identification to your Iberia Plus Center

Form wants identifying information including a Tax ID, passport, national ID, or residency card. Looks like it can be completed via email.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I read the comments about providing documentary verification to IB, so I sent an email to the IB Plus Service Center. Included a copy of my wife's passport to substantiate her newly opened account, which I opened on her behalf. Hopefully, that will do the trick.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ulgarmoose
My account is new for the promo. Tried to login, failed. Clicked to recover PIN, redirected to a page with this message:

To regain access to your Iberia Plus personal area, please send the following completed form together with an oficial identification to your Iberia Plus Center

Form wants identifying information including a Tax ID, passport, national ID, or residency card. Looks like it can be completed via email.
Thats actually very reassuring. So it looks like they will be honoring this, even for new accounts, so long as you provide some basic info to prove you weren't trying to effectively scam Iberia.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL GM
Failed to login as well for my new account.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by brody24
Thats actually very reassuring. So it looks like they will be honoring this, even for new accounts, so long as you provide some basic info to prove you weren't trying to effectively scam Iberia.
Wich following form?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver Elite
Yup looks to be new accounts (my partners) not existing (mine).

"We’re sorry

Restricted access to personal area

Access to the Iberia Plus personal area is currently blocked for the indicated number.

Iberia Plus service is not available at present (UB003)."

Form is here: https://www.iberia.com/ibcomv3/conte...bloqueopin.pdf
e-mail: [email protected] Please write your Iberia Plus number in the subject of your e-mail.

I think better get in there quick before the back log gets too long.
Marschel likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:35 pm

Evidently I need to reach 5 posts before I can post a link.

iberia.com/ibcomv3/content/EN/PDF/desbloqueopin.pdf

Edit: batwins has got it!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:38 pm

I have a new Iberia Plus account which I opened during the promotion. Like many others here, I suddenly couldn't get into my account as of late morning today, so I just called Iberia and was instantly emailed a replacement PIN for my account. And my wife did the same and also received a replacement PIN. With the new PIN we now have no problem logging into our accounts.

But still no promotion Avios showing in either of our accounts!

So at least for us this inability to access our accounts seems not to have been linked to the issue of the Avios that Iberia owes us!

BTW, these are replacement PINs are temporary, and need to be changed within 24 hours of being issued.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rje444
I have a new Iberia Plus account which I opened during the promotion. Like many others here, I suddenly couldn't get into my account as of late morning today, so I just called Iberia and was instantly emailed a replacement PIN for my account. And my wife did the same and also received a replacement PIN. With the new PIN we now have no problem logging into our accounts.

But still no promotion Avios showing in either of our accounts!

So at least for us this inability to access our accounts seems not to have been linked to the issue of the Avios that Iberia owes us!

BTW, these are replacement PINs are temporary, and need to be changed within 24 hours of being issued.
Mine seemed locked earlier this afternoon, but is working ok now. Might just be a glitch. Suggest waiting.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Now I'm getting nervous. When I was creating a new Iberia account, the account creation form was extremely glitchy and kept giving me errors, so I kept filling it out. I ended up accidentally creating 3 accounts, only meaning to do so once. I only bought 10 tickets, all for 1 Iberia account, so hoping it won't be a huge issue as I didn't even touch the other 2, but now I'm nervous about this.

Not sure what I can do about the other 2 accounts. Pretty clear from the above posts that contacting them probably won't do much good.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
WOW! Just talked with them on the phone, THANKS GOD I WILL NEVER FLY with such people.
Rude and robotic, treated me as a criminal and very agressive.
I made it short and told them I don't care about your promotion : I'm a paying customer with an avios account, please re-activate. Period.
They were like yes but, I insisted, I don't care, you have T&C, did I broke any? They said : no. >>> so re-activate the account ASAP.
Email send as requested with all the documents needed... what they are doing right now is against GDPR and all European rules regarding privacy. I hate to share such informations by email.
Anyway, my feeling : they want to cut the lose and make people giving up.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:07 pm

Just spoke with IB+. They confirmed that new accounts were locked, and that you need to submit the form (someone linked the PDF) along with pic of supporting documentation such as passport in order to get it unlocked. She said there should be no issue honoring the Avios promo assuming you confirm the identity info and send in.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:12 pm

Just spoke with IB+. They confirmed that new accounts were locked, and that you need to submit the form (someone linked the PDF) along with pic of supporting documentation such as passport in order to get it unlocked. She said there should be no issue honoring the Avios promo assuming you confirm the identity info and send in.
me I didn't entered in this discussion because the operator was really like : "we are tired of this promotion, you scammers". Was really a very disgusting feeling to talk to them to be honest. They are missing an opportunity to gain new customers, having such a direct contact with a customer / potential customer has value (I mean it costs money to get this kind of leads/opportunity), and from my poor experience, they really missed it... I felt like a criminal, nothing more, nothing less and it's not confortable.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:15 pm

They didn't mentioned any links or pdf. They told : screenshot of the error message + passport + name + passport number + avios number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.