Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
All of my bookings were made in eligible countries. For 4 of the 10 however, the system kicked me out (I didn't log out) but I made sure the IB number was in the reservation at the time of ticketing. Will they disqualify me for not being logged in for some of them?
Thanks.
Nobody knows.

The terms on the original page didn't say anything about needing to be logged in, just that the purchaser had to be identified as an IB+ member during booking. It is perfectly reasonable to assert that giving your IB+ number during the process meets that term. However, if Iberia wanted to disqualify a load of people they could try saying that "identify" really means "logged in", I don' think that would stand up in court though!

In any case, we will not know how the terms are being applied until points post (or don't) and everyone needs to just chill out and wait for that to happen (or not).
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Lol I will believe this when I see the miles.
That’s the exact attitude you need when dealing with Iberia in general and with this promotion in particular.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Oh yes... don’t tell me.. I grew up in Italy and live in France 😂😂👍
cruisr likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K
Wow. These guys are terrible!

This morning I logged in to check my balance and I was told my username and pin was not correct (it definitely was correct, I’ve logged into Iberia enough times over the last 5 days or so). Called the service centre and they told me that my account must have been deleted because I haven’t used it in 4 years. I said that is not possible since it was created in June 21st, 2018. She said I have to email them to get it resolved.

Anyways, I hung up and called back and got the correct answer from the second agent: some of their systems are down and many people have called in with the same issue, try again in a few hours.

Anybody else getting this issue? My girlfriends account is working just fine, but mine is locked out.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by david_oz

This morning I logged in to check my balance and I was told my username and pin was not correct (it definitely was correct, I’ve logged into Iberia enough times over the last 5 days or so). Called the service centre and they told me that my account must have been deleted because I haven’t used it in 4 years. I said that is not possible since it was created in June 21st, 2018. She said I have to email them to get it resolved.

Anyways, I hung up and called back and got the correct answer from the second agent: some of their systems are down and many people have called in with the same issue, try again in a few hours.

Anybody else getting this issue? My girlfriends account is working just fine, but mine is locked out.

Welcome to Iberia and their abysmal IT and customer service departments. There are a few reports on one of the other 90000 point threads of others having their newly opened accounts deleted.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:39 am

In the account my friend says "
An error occurred in the Login."
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I can't access my IB account either.

Perhaps they are manually posting my 90,000 points?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
In the same position as many. Patiently waiting. But..... Just been shut out of my IB Plus account on both IB App and Web. Error on App said “logged out for security reasons” ... and an attempt to log-in on web says “An error has occurred in the Login.” 🤔
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
same here, with or without VPN and cookie cleaning : "An error occurred in the Login".
Sounds maybe like a good sign
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
same here, with or without VPN and cookie cleaning : "An error occurred in the Login".
I can still access
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
i can access in my account old. but in my friend no
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
I got “the combination of the number of Iberia plus card and the password that you have entered is not correct”. Not such a good sign....
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,

I have the same problem -"The combination of the number of Iberia Plus card and the password that you have entered is not correct.
Please check the Iberia Plus entered and reenter the right password. (I599)"
did u try to reset the password?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:12 am

Even though I'm getting the login error message, I can still manually check my bookings and the details all look to still be correct (with IB Plus number still included on the booking management page). I just can't log into Iberia Plus at the moment.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AS Gold
me too. I was unable to log in to an existing account to take advantage of the 9k promotion and had to create a new account then. As others have said, IB tech...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.