Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Tommys888
Booked all tickets, with my FF number on them. Did not click on the link for the booking - I hope this is not of a big issue?
Iberia says: 'For example, if a customer purchases tickets on Iberia.com for three people to fly from Seville to Madrid and two of the people are identified as Iberia Plus members during the purchase process, 9,000 Avios will be credited to both of these people within 10 days of the purchase. These two people must have redeemed at least 9,000 Avios by 1 December 2018, or this same amount of Avios will be withdrawn from their account.'

So we should be safe.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Shl
I talked with Customer Service. When the IB account has just been created, it takes up to three days for it to be validated and fully activated.
However - when you have booked being logged into the new profile - you should have received the confirmation email clearly stating the IB+ number.
The representative on the phone (Lucas) confirmed that their system shows that the been created with being logged in.
The booking on the system also shows the IB+ number.

The representative further suggested to wait for about three days and then to check again if the IB+ number has transferred and also shows in the ticket.
He also said, it would be possible to add it then for the flight.

Most importantly:
ALL bookings done on iberia.com with being logged into the IB+ account should qualify for the promotion. Make sure that confirmation email also shows the IB+ number. You do NOT have to book via the dedicated link (as also described in the T+C "booked directly on iberia.com")

I have asked Lucas if the call is recorded and he confirmed.
So we would be able to check back the recording should problems arise later.
Call was with Lucas via the UK number today June 24 at 12:06 pm BST. Number was 02036843774

Hope this helps also other who are worried about newly created accounts.
I made 10 reservations yesterday, with each reservation having 5 passengers. I logged into my account and selcted the "I'm flying" which automatically entered in my Iberia account number. However, for the remaning 4 passengers, I had to type in their Iberia number manually for each reservation.

Will all 5 of us each receive the 9k bonus points for each booking?

Wondering about this because of this quote above: "ALL bookings done on iberia.com with being logged into the IB+ account should qualify for the promotion."
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Not even the same nature.

I have an IB account created in 2015. Each time I went there (may be 3 times a year just to check the IB bookings using partner programs) the website would bring me to Registration page and told me to complete my registration - and it would not go to 2nd screen when pressed Continue.

Good luck to those who wanted to buy the Avios on the cheap. Personally I would rather pay AA a 10% more miles and cash to book with AA miles than using IB Avios which I can transfer a ton from BA but the dealing with IB definitely is NOT worth the time and effort involved with that little saving.
I've only been dealing with IB for a year, but had only small issues (most of which were solved by using Explorer and not Chrome when visiting the site). As for AA, well:

IB ORD - MAD: 68K to Europe + $237 r/t off-peak, unless it's a sale like earlier this year where it's 51K. Position to ORD is affordable; in my case from PHX it was $330 but you could use Avios instead. If all 90K were used for positioning and TATL, that's about $300 for flights plus, say, $200 for 2 other positioning r/t tickets. $740 for a typical award booking (economy positions, J TATL) seems...a good deal?

AA PHX - MAD: 115K + $11 r/t. 47,000 AA miles (115K - 68K) on sale at 2 cents each is $940. That $940-$740 = $200. That's assuming you earned the other 68K AA miles organically and have them on hand. if you were to buy all the AA miles for a similar experience (hey, you *might* get domestic first class, or you might not) that would cost you $2,300 on sale, $2035 on ultra-sale. That's a bit more than 10% costlier than the current IB deal.

Earlier this year I flew myself and my wife r/t Chicago to Portugal (ORD - MAD in J) for 5,000 miles and $550 more than it would have cost for just one AA ticket. Zero issues on getting the promo Avios, zero issues booking awards during the sale frenzy (though this one will be exponentially worse), zero issues with the flights and lounges. IB may be more difficult than AA, but they aren't a disaster in my experience. ~$750 for lie-flat to Europe is easily worth the risk IMHO, and definitely more than 10% cheaper than AA.

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Don't shoot the messenger

https://thepointsguy.com/news/critic...p-iberia-deal/

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Does anyone with another OW status account see an issue with switching to that after the bonus points have landed.
I'm thinking it might take the sting out of multiple IB express trips actually flown, with lounge access etc.
I don't see any problem with doing this, but interested if I've missed something.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Does anyone with another OW status account see an issue with switching to that after the bonus points have landed.
I'm thinking it might take the sting out of multiple IB express trips actually flown, with lounge access etc.
I don't see any problem with doing this, but interested if I've missed something.
That's what I'll be doing. I'll probably spend the IB Avios before putting my BA number in the bookings.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Yikes this is worrisome,

A workaround could be to change your passport number so you can set up a new account when the promotional account goes negative?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
It's rubbish. The Iberia statement explains very clearly that Avios will be issued with or without the flights being taken, and that the risk of negative avios is following a transfer to BAEC. You can't cite the general terms and conditions for redemption (very specific situation) with the t&c of a promotion, and the rules of the promotion haven't been altered during its course. They only have 45 minutes or so to do that, so I'm quite confident it won't happen.

A cynic might say that a naysaying piece at the end of a promo would be bound to get a lot of page views, but his arguments don't hold water. Yes, there are some risks around strict t&c being applied, yes there is a problem with a herd mentality when people pile in and go large, but the points he's arguing are non sequiturs.

Incidentally, if non-flown sectors cause a reclaim of the bonus, you'll know fairly soon. Just don't spend the avios before that and you won't go negative. Someone will hit that situation fairly soon I should think and will report.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I had purchased 10 tickets equivalent of 5 roundtrips, so I would be able to fly them over 2 days and in sequence.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by criced
Guys, its popcorn time 🍿🍿🍿
Just sit back, relax and wait!
Originally Posted by bisonrav
It's rubbish. The Iberia statement explains very clearly that Avios will be issued with or without the flights being taken, and that the risk of negative avios is following a transfer to BAEC. You can't cite the general terms and conditions for redemption (very specific situation) with the t&c of a promotion, and the rules of the promotion haven't been altered during its course. They only have 45 minutes or so to do that, so I'm quite confident it won't happen.

A cynic might say that a naysaying piece at the end of a promo would be bound to get a lot of page views, but his arguments don't hold water. Yes, there are some risks around strict t&c being applied, yes there is a problem with a herd mentality when people pile in and go large, but the points he's arguing are non sequiturs.

Incidentally, if non-flown sectors cause a reclaim of the bonus, you'll know fairly soon. Just don't spend the avios before that and you won't go negative. Someone will hit that situation fairly soon I should think and will report.
Remember this is a 😈 company that dont care about their passengers... Always starts boarding before plane is ready, sold me an upgrade but no business meal loaded onboard, flies A330-200 to desinations so far away that they cant load all bags becouse of weight restrictions etc...
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The Iberia piece was really really clear about allowing non-flown segments to qualify for a bonus. I was amazed how explicit they were on this point. The "negative balance" comment was only if you transfer them out to BAEC and the deadline expires without the Avios being spent. There are some interesting IT issues here about distinguishing the "leprechaun gold" avios from anything else in the account on an IT basis, but I guess the idea is that any spend between the issue and the December 1st deadline comes from the bonus amount if there's any balance.

I'm sure there's more to come on this promo - Monday will be interesting as it's the first opportunity after the weekend to take a temperature reading of the state of the IB perspective on all of this. I'm sure we'll hear more next week.

Perversely, the promo might actually open up more last minute availability. In terms of the cost to IB, flights will be the least expensive option to offer. There is usually spare capacity on flights, and filling otherwise empty seats costs IB less than paying a third party for a hotel room for someone taking that route to spend the Avios. I wouldn't expect them to welch on the deal, that would be very difficult, but as I've said, I wouldn't be comfortable if I hadn't followed strict T&Cs.
Granite64 and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Just booked 5 flights so lets see what comes of it, I do plan on moving the points to BA from IB, iv'e had a IB card for years but have never made a booking directly with them anyway.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:09 pm
inY

It's past midnight in CET and the banner has been taken down.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by inY
It's past midnight in CET and the banner has been taken down.
No it hasn't in the USA
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
No it hasn't in the USA
Must have just taken it down. I don't see it anymore and I was seeing it about 15 minutes after midnight Madrid time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.