Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:14 am

Hope they honor everything...but such a sloppy job everywhere.

If they say "Valid until June 24th" but participating countries include Mexico and the US, what's the exact end time for the promotion? 11:59pm Los Angeles time? 8:59am Madrid time on the 25th?

11:59pm Madrid time? 2:59pm California time?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by tobsw
AFAIK, Iberia.com and Iberia APP are not the same; whenever a booking is made through the app, there´s a string that says it was made through the App.

Do you honestly believe whatever their agents say? If you call 10 times, you will get 10 different answers. Basically, they don´t give a sit.

Iberia is always difficult to deal with anyway, so putting complicating matters further is not helpful. Sometimes it´s better to wait until their website is back to normal, than risking it with bookings through the app.

I honestly believe, all new iberia plus accounts will struggle getting their promotional Avios posted/credited. I wish it´s not the case, but Iberia´s IT is not at the forefront.
Any normal bookings in the past I have booked on the IB App state on the E TKT ''Emitido por/Issued by
IBERIA.COM IB.COM ES ''. I just checked back on some old bookings. Time will tell if you guys have issues or not. Hopefully IB buck the trend and it goes smoothly. Agree about the agents they have no idea how this will pan out. It will be made at a much higher level. If you did not need to click the special link then I would be encouraged that App bookings would be treated the same as IB.COM ( proper ) . In theory the App is a condensed format of the IB.COM website.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:22 am

Im the person who posted about the app bookings

guys - im not trying to make a point that they need to honor the app bookings. But i called them within 24 hrs to void and refund per US DOT regulations and they are saying that app bookings are made out of spain so tbe rukes donf apply. [Removed by moderator per rules on profanity.] nowehere on the app while bookinng does it say im booking in spain. I even chosw USA when entering my card and my billing address is the US. same for my ip address

i am more than happy if they refund thw purchases on the app and i rebook on the website.

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 24, 2018 at 8:35 pm Reason: Profanity
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Hope they honor everything...but such a sloppy job everywhere.

If they say "Valid until June 24th" but participating countries include Mexico and the US, what's the exact end time for the promotion? 11:59pm Los Angeles time? 8:59am Madrid time on the 25th?

11:59pm Madrid time? 2:59pm California time?
To be safe, 23:59 CET. Everything else is a BIG RISK.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by thaijplily
Am I the only one who will take all the 10 flights?
ARN-MAD-OVD-MAD-OPO-MAD-SVQ-MAD-SDR-MAD-CPH booked for my next birthday
Happy birthday!!!
I've been umming and ahing all weekend, but I think I will bite.
But can someone please give some opinions on the question i asked upthread. Are domestic back to backs at airports manageable such as SVQ and Santander?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:32 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
I can see IB avios number in every booking confirmation email however nothing shows up my account , has any one emailed and received a response about this?
I talked with Customer Service. When the IB account has just been created, it takes up to three days for it to be validated and fully activated.
However - when you have booked being logged into the new profile - you should have received the confirmation email clearly stating the IB+ number.
The representative on the phone (Lucas) confirmed that their system shows that the been created with being logged in.
The booking on the system also shows the IB+ number.

The representative further suggested to wait for about three days and then to check again if the IB+ number has transferred and also shows in the ticket.
He also said, it would be possible to add it then for the flight.

Most importantly:
ALL bookings done on iberia.com with being logged into the IB+ account should qualify for the promotion. Make sure that confirmation email also shows the IB+ number. You do NOT have to book via the dedicated link (as also described in the T+C "booked directly on iberia.com")

I have asked Lucas if the call is recorded and he confirmed.
So we would be able to check back the recording should problems arise later.
Call was with Lucas via the UK number today June 24 at 12:06 pm BST. Number was 02036843774

Hope this helps also other who are worried about newly created accounts.

Last edited by Shl; Jun 24, 2018 at 10:37 am
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: UA
Yes, i emailed, tweeted and sent a DM on twitter but no response yet. Went to Ba.Com and used Manage my booking to access the bookings and added Iberia plus number. Worked like a charm.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by dfwobh
Yes, i emailed, tweeted and sent a DM on twitter but no response yet. Went to Ba.Com and used Manage my booking to access the bookings and added Iberia plus number. Worked like a charm.
I tried to do that on BA.com, but I selected Iberia Plus, and it tells me it can't find my Executive Number and can't add it to my booking. And then on Iberia, it tells me my first name and last names do not match.

I tweeted them to add, but doubt I'll get a response today.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
It'll be interesting to see what happens for those of us with newly opened accounts. I understand how an account can be created in one system and some time is necessary for that information to migrate to other systems - hopefully, the mechanism that determines eligible bookings is one that immediately recognizes newly created accounts. If not, I would expect manual intervention to be necessary, even if this were a larger carrier with more sophisticated systems.

I'm also confident that those who followed the terms of the promo will prevail in a cc dispute if points aren't posted in 10 days. IB advertised a ticket and 9,000 points within 10 days - no credit card issuer is going to compel a consumer to stay in a transaction when the vendor refuses to honor its obligation.

To those that booked via the app, maybe it will work out for you - and if it does, great. But if it doesn't, you don't have a leg to stand on as you did not follow the terms of the promotion.
Shl likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
I can see IB avios number in every booking confirmation email however nothing shows up my account , has any one emailed and received a response about this?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by str1der2903
Im the person who posted about the app bookings

guys - im not trying to make a point that they need to honor the app bookings. But i called them within 24 hrs to void and refund per US DOT regulations and they are saying that app bookings are made out of spain so tbe rukes donf apply. [removed by moderator per rules on profanity.] nowehere on the app while bookinng does it say im booking in spain. I even chosw USA when entering my card and my billing address is the US. same for my ip address

i am more than happy if they refund thw purchases on the app and i rebook on the website.
Not sure about the DOT rules applying to an app purchase in Spain but the DOT regulations allow a carrier to EITHER offer a refund within 24 hours after purchase OR allow a customer to hold a reservation for 24 hours without payment or risk of price increase. Iberia utilizes the latter. When you book, you have the option of placing your ticket on hold for 24 hours for no charge. This fully meets the DOT 24 hour rule. They don't have to offer a 24 hour refund option as well.

Last edited by l etoile; Jun 24, 2018 at 8:37 pm Reason: Profanity
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:06 am

I am pretty positive about this promo
davm666 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by mylabel

I am pretty positive about this promo

Have you ever dealt with IB when there is a problem? The worst. Hopefully they will come through as everyone hopes.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:20 am

Guys, its popcorn time 🍿🍿🍿
Just sit back, relax and wait!
cruisr and Slliw like this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by cruisr

Have you ever dealt with IB when there is a problem? The worst. Hopefully they will come through as everyone hopes.
I haven't and hope not. But if I can handle FR, I don't think IB can caused much for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.