Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by str1der2903
Called Iberia - got through their customer service desk after 30 mins of holding. They say that avios will only be honored if you made the booking on the website using the specific link. they had no answer when i said my app tickets are issued by iberia.com as well - agent said she will escalate all ten tickets to get an answer on whether or not i will get the promo avios

Another interesting fact - i asked her to then cancel my bookings from the app and that I would try to book via the website. given i booked less than 24 hours ago i expected a full refund - SHE SAID ALL APP BOOKINGS ARE MADE IN SPAIN AND DOT REGULATIONS OF 24 HOUR REFUNDS DONT APPLY. What bull crap is that - i told her to provide me proof via email saying this and she said call center can't send emails. I will wait to see if avios post and if they don't i will escalate to DOT and my credit card issuer
Why did you risk booking through the Iberia APP? The conditions said iberia.com ...
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage, British
I presume the majority of people are not going to fly the bookings they made. How do you plan to do it? Just a 'no show' or cancel? Can cancellations be made online or you need to call?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Concerto

Likewise, I have my doubts about this being an easy ride. My main issue is that I reckon it’s going to be quite hard to spend the miles in a meaningful way before they are clawed back again. I really hope it works out for everybody, but I feel that by sitting this one out I am saving myself a lot of hassle and work.
I was thinking the same, but realised I could do 3 trips to places I wanted to go anyway. The flights to/from ZRH weren't 20 euros, but they were still good value.

What I didn't do was sign the whole family up for an IB account and put through lots of bookings for them. It just wasn't worth the hassle for me.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by alkotik
I presume the majority of people are not going to fly the bookings they made. How do you plan to do it? Just a 'no show' or cancel? Can cancellations be made online or you need to call?
oh come on. Read. If you cancel, the points will be clawed back. As has been said by Iberia. Simply no-show.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I realize I could’ve made four or five bookings and got 36,000 Avios or so, but signing a load of people up for it is not something I would want to do. And I still think spending these Avios is going to be a lot harder than you think. Anyway, I have a enough existing points and miles to spend as it is.
cruisr likes this.

Last edited by Concerto; Jun 25, 2018 at 3:20 pm Reason: typos
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by tobsw
Why did you risk booking through the Iberia APP? The conditions said iberia.com ...
Their website is NOT letting many users book (errors like last name doesnt match iberia plus account - i have waited several hours to see that change, nothing's working). App issues tickets from IBERIA.COM - technically that is the same as their website. When I spoke to their customer care agent she said the same thing but said she would like to ensure I get my avios

+ She took my IB number and noted on each reservation the issue
+ This notation will also act as proof that I called to get a refund within 24 hours
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:47 am

So what is everyone planning on spending their 90K of avios on? I’m thinking Madrid-Tel Aviv in business and maybe a Madrid-Morocco if I have enough Avios left 😎
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Concerto

Likewise, I have my doubts about this being an easy ride. My main issue is that I reckon it’s going to be quite hard to spend the miles in a meaningful way before they are clawed back again. I really hope it works out for everybody, but I feel that by sitting this one out I am saving myself a lot of hassle and work.
Aren't you in Spain? If you have an Icon card, you can get 8000 avios nights at paradores right now. It's actually quite the deal for hotels.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by str1der2903
Their website is NOT letting many users book (errors like last name doesnt match iberia plus account - i have waited several hours to see that change, nothing's working). App issues tickets from IBERIA.COM - technically that is the same as their website. When I spoke to their customer care agent she said the same thing but said she would like to ensure I get my avios

+ She took my IB number and noted on each reservation the issue
+ This notation will also act as proof that I called to get a refund within 24 hours
AFAIK, Iberia.com and Iberia APP are not the same; whenever a booking is made through the app, there´s a string that says it was made through the App.

Do you honestly believe whatever their agents say? If you call 10 times, you will get 10 different answers. Basically, they don´t give a sit.

Iberia is always difficult to deal with anyway, so putting complicating matters further is not helpful. Sometimes it´s better to wait until their website is back to normal, than risking it with bookings through the app.

I honestly believe, all new iberia plus accounts will struggle getting their promotional Avios posted/credited. I wish it´s not the case, but Iberia´s IT is not at the forefront.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Aren't you in Spain? If you have an Icon card, you can get 8000 avios nights at paradores right now. It's actually quite the deal for hotels.
It´s THE deal. Shame the Granada Parador is not included. But there are many others which are also gorgeous.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage, British
Originally Posted by Adam1222
oh come on. Read. If you cancel, the points will be clawed back. As has been said by Iberia. Simply no-show.
I did read. The points will be clawed back only if you request a refund. Cancellation does not necessary mean that. Don't you think if you no-show for 10 flights it would look a little awkward ?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:56 am

AFAIK, Iberia.com and Iberia APP are not the same; whenever a booking is made through the app, there´s a string that says it was made through the App.

Do you honestly believe whatever their agents say? If you call 10 times, you will get 10 different answers. Basically, they don´t give a sit.

Iberia is always difficult to deal with anyway, so putting complicating matters further is not helpful. Sometimes it´s better to wait until their website is back to normal, than risking it with bookings through the app.

I honestly believe, all new iberia plus accounts will struggle getting their promotional Avios posted/credited. I wish it´s not the case, but Iberia´s IT is not at the forefront.
Thanks - I am where I am so no use fretting about what happened. I am not a new user - my IB account has been in existence for over a year and I fly almost every week on multiple airlines, including Iberia a few times a year. Agree that their IT sucks, but at the same time the point around the app/website being different for this promo just does not make any sense. No airline treats app bookings differently than website booking in terms of WHERE they were issued from. At the end of the day both are issued by iberia.com - one is through the app and one is through a web interface. If that's the level of granularity that Iberia will go to - versus the fact that tickets were issued directly with them - then this is pretty close to a scam in terms of confusing passengers and making money off them

In either case, i will raise a dispute to my card if I don't get the avios, and if need be, contact the DOT. I am NOT paying in case those Avios don't post
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by alkotik
I did read. The points will be clawed back only if you request a refund. Cancellation does not necessary mean that. Don't you think if you no-show for 10 flights it would look a little awkward ?
Sorry my ignorance. How can you cancel a non-refundable ticket?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry my ignorance. How can you cancel a non-refundable ticket?
It's quite common. Call the airline or manage your reservation online. Click cancel. You won't get your money back but the seat frees up on the flight so the airline can resell it.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Made my acct yesterday AM, was able to add it to my rez this morning. So about 24 hours or overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.