Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by swingaling

Any carrier
Not according to T&C. Has the be IB metal.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
GETTING THIS ERROR NOW AGHHHHHH

"Please check your Iberia Plus number ... because it does not match the name and family name on the booking. If you are an On Business member, the name must the same as the one you have with Iberia Plus. Change it with On Business before booking your flight."
The Iberia plus seems to push the second last name. For example, it wants John Smith Smith, but not John Smith. if you push to register with John Smith, and then try to buy the ticket after logging in and checking the membership box, it won't work. You'll have to manually enter John Smith Smith with your number when you buy the ticket.

I have no idea what that will mean when I try to redeem but will sort it out later.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
The Iberia plus seems to push the second last name. For example, it wants John Smith Smith, but not John Smith. if you push to register with John Smith, and then try to buy the ticket after logging in and checking the membership box, it won't work. You'll have to manually enter John Smith Smith with your number when you buy the ticket.

I have no idea what that will mean when I try to redeem but will sort it out later.
you are right , i tried changing that in settings and still keep getting the same error .
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
you are right , i tried changing that in settings and still keep getting the same error .
When you buy, just manually enter John Smith Smith, and your IB+ number and it will go through. It slows and already slow process but it works.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:14 pm

Interesting thing from Iberia...
Im not 100% this offer actually will be allright, I dont really trust this company anylonger. But I try and booked a oneway ticket from Stockholm to Madrid for €50 on a day that I actually could go if I want to. Booking went well even if Im sitting in Bolivia right now.. So now just waiting for the Avios to show up (Im an old member of Iberia plus so no question about that).
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Good luck everyone.

Let me just say as an actual IB frequent flyer that while I hope this works out for everyone, most of you (I'm seeing a lot of new handles in this thread) have no idea what you're getting into in dealing with Iberia, particularly if you don't speak Spanish.

I'm betting this is going to end in lots and lots of refunds at the end of the day.

I'm playing with 1 booking just as a joke, I'd never go all in for all 10 because I just don't trust it and I'm ready to lose 30€
cruisr likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Not according to T&C. Has the be IB metal.
Reread the question I was answering. It was about award redemption.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Good luck everyone.

Let me just say as an actual IB frequent flyer that while I hope this works out for everyone, most of you (I'm seeing a lot of new handles in this thread) have no idea what you're getting into in dealing with Iberia, particularly if you don't speak Spanish.

I'm betting this is going to end in lots and lots of refunds at the end of the day.

I'm playing with 1 booking just as a joke, I'd never go all in for all 10 because I just don't trust it and I'm ready to lose 30€
Lots and lots of refunds I can live with. It would be them deciding to cancel the promo pts without canceling (or refunding) anyones tix that would have ppl up in arms. lol. Lots of non-refundable basic tix just got booked in the past 2 days.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Good luck everyone.

Originally Posted by HGHUA
Lots and lots of refunds I can live with. It would be them deciding to cancel the promo pts without canceling (or refunding) anyones tix that would have ppl up in arms. lol. Lots of non-refundable basic tix just got booked in the past 2 days.
Yeah, this one really smells as an AZ error fare 😆
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by otptravels
The mods over at Loyalty Lobby seem to think it's only dependent on the version of the site you use when booking.
We all got the same email and the wording is vague - vague enough that if they said your account had to be registered in one of those countries you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:36 pm

Hmmm ... earlier today, my credit card showed pending charges for all of the trips I booked. Now it only shows some pending charges. Wonder if somehow trips were cancelled.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:42 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver

Got this earlier in between purchases, got a mini heart attack, until I realised the deadline was Sunday 11pm, not Saturday...

Planned a short weekend getaway with 6 flights and 4 extra backup flights in case I miss any in between time to wait for the Avios to post.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Hmmm ... earlier today, my credit card showed pending charges for all of the trips I booked. Now it only shows some pending charges. Wonder if somehow trips were cancelled.
All 10 of my charges are still pending and I purchased them on Thursday night. I checked on the Iberia site and after a few error screens I could finally reach my reservations and they are all still there...
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:56 pm

Smile

When you buy, just manually enter John Smith Smith, and your IB+ number and it will go through. It slows and already slow process but it works.
I called them and they said I need to send a copy of my passport so I created a new account, its working fine now ..On my 5th reservation now
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:57 pm

whats the cheapest deal you guys are seeing right now ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.