Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN

Its p88 and yes fully aware thank you. That’s why I’ve booked 4 one ways. 36K !

BTW I fully intend on transferring straight to BA and see what happens.
According to IB, 'If the customers transfer these Avios to their BA Executive Club account, they will have a negative balance in the Iberia Plus programme, as those Avios wouldn’t have been spent by the date mentioned above.'

I don't know what this means though..
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yep - not sure what that will mean either. Just going to go for it anyway. May end up closing the IB account.

There are going to be a lot of IB accounts in the negative once all this is done. IB must have some concerns with this ?!
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
0724 Pacific time- Iberia website just crashed...
booked 5 of 10.

---
switched from Firefox to Safari and back on

Last edited by zebranz; Jun 23, 2018 at 8:36 am
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:39 am

I think they wrote that you will have negative balance once you transfer it to BA just to save their @ss

They can't just be like ''hey get 90000 avios from us and transfer it to BA for more value, we get money but BA will have to take a future responsibility''. There might be some conflict of interest here.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by mylabel
I think they wrote that you will have negative balance once you transfer it to BA just to save their @ss

They can't just be like ''hey get 90000 avios from us and transfer it to BA for more value, we get money but BA will have to take a future responsibility''. There might be some conflict of interest here.
Would it matter? Both are part of IAG?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Smile

Originally Posted by more4less
Never an IB thread has been so active

Thank you
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:02 am

I'm joining the party. Just booked all of the 10 segments, with a mix of flights I plan to take and some that oh well something last minute happens and I won't be there. Taking advantage of the low fares from Santander and Seville to actual go visit for a weekend each.
Let's see what happens now and how long they take to post the avios. There will be a lot of avios quantitative easing.
Tibor likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Granite64
Would it matter? Both are part of IAG?
They are still 2 different airlines with different rate of redemptions, offer on availability and so on.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
No issue for me on my SO's newly created accounts. Booked 10X one-ways for each of us SDR-MAD.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:16 am

Anyone with some good advice for award flights? I only see BA and IB on IB's website. I'm a *A guy so I have no idea what is the best way to book award flights with IB on partner airlines.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:28 am

Are they crediting these 9,000 Avios per ticket purchased also to newly created IB accounts? Or do these accounts have had to be created earlier?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:29 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
US - Spain or SouthAmerica-Spain looks like good value, i couldn't find anything else of value ... so no value for me....
I am not taking the risk to transfer it to BA Avios... they could charge you full amount for the negative balance in your IB avios account....
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Does IB allow one way redemptions on partners?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:35 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
afaik: NO
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Been wanting to go to Barcelona for a while. This may well be the ticket to get their in a more comfortable manner...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.