Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by Mbrunz
Don't know if this is anything new, but for one of my bookings I was signed in but forgot to add the frequent flyer number until after i'd paid. Slight concern at the mention of "purchases" given this was only true for one of my reservations!:

"Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us few days ago.

Regarding your request, we have verified the information contained in your reservation XXXXX and we are sorry to inform you that according to the 9.000 Avios promotion terms and conditions, customers will collect the corresponding Avios as long as they are identified as an Iberia Plus member when purchasing the ticket, in order words, the reservation should have been correctly created under your account profile so the ticket would had been issued and properly linked to your frequent flyer number. As we see, you associated the account number after the ticket was issued.

Unfortunately, your bookings do not meet the conditions of the Avios promotion as your Iberia Plus account was not registered for completing the purchasing process.

For further information regarding this matter please visit:
https://www.iberia.com/es/offer/iber...ip-with-avios/

Kindest regards,

Your Iberia Plus Service Center."
Is your account number included in your reservation email - not the PDF ticket but the initial email they send?

It’s clear that the IB Plus number did not appear while ticketing reservations for some new accounts but the emails confirm that the booking was made with the correct number.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by ICanFly!

Is your account number included in your reservation email - not the PDF ticket but the initial email they send?

It’s clear that the IB Plus number did not appear while ticketing reservations for some new accounts but the emails confirm that the booking was made with the correct number.
I made ten reservations with new account, and all my confirmation emails include Iberia number but not shown in online reservation management... I'm extremely curious about what is happening...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by vinLBJcent
I made ten reservations with new account, and all my confirmation emails include Iberia number but not shown in online reservation management... I'm extremely curious about what is happening...
Welcome to Iberia IT. Those of us used to this don't really bat an eye at it anymore.

Just like when everyone comes here saying "promotion said it would be done in X days!". Just assume it won't happen that fast. It's not uncommon for some promotions to take months to post, though I will admit the language on this one was shockingly frank.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by vinLBJcent
I have a new account.
The IB Plus number appeared in the confirmation but not the ticket.
I called to alert them to the problem and they took down all of my booking locators.
I also went into each reservation individually and added my number.
The bookings then appeared under my account.
We'll see what happens but at the time of booking, I was logged in to my account and I've collated those emails into one PDF if I need quick proof.
I'm assuming things will be fine. If not, I'm going to hold off for at least a few days while they are inundated with calls. At least wait and see how others resolve (or not) any posting issues.
Freaking out won't help but it does help pass the time.
We all knew going into this that it might be a crap shoot, dropping $200-$400 on Avios worth 10x or more.
But this was always somewhat speculative.
Coathanger and davm666 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ICanFly!

Mine was included in the email, but not the booking when I logged in. I added them to the booking after the deadline and am hopeful that doesn't cause a problem. I have the email proof, but now I'm concerned they're using the date/timestamp from when I re-added them successfully the morning after the promo.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:12 am

My number was included in the email, but not the booking when I logged in. If my points do not posts, whats the chance I will have a successful charge-back claim?? I can only imagine how many people will be charging back if this doesn't work out...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Those potential future chargebackers (if thats a word) who have fallen foul of Iberia's t&c's may find themselves on thin ice.

If for example you were not logged in and booked then Iberia have the right not to award you the miles. If you then go back to your credit card provider to attempt a charge back I fail to see how it will be upheld.

Its going to be a bloodbath for many.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
All of my bookings were made in eligible countries. For 4 of the 10 however, the system kicked me out (I didn't log out) but I made sure the IB number was in the reservation at the time of ticketing. Will they disqualify me for not being logged in for some of them?
Thanks.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
For those who can't see their bookings, try this url:

https://www.iberia.com/web/myTrips.d...&menuId=CHKTRP
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:38 am

Calm down people. The person in question was not logged in for the 1 booking he is complaining about. He did not qualify for the points for that booking.

If you were logged in (and thus your IB number auto filled when you were booking) then you are fine. Some people who made new accounts might not have their IB number attached to their bookings after the fact but if you were logged in and included your number when you bought the tickets you should be fine. No reason to talk charge backs yet when it hasn't even been 10 business days.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
But that wasn’t my question. My question was that for 4 of the bookings I was not logged in but entered my IB number at the time of booking- I.e. before it was ticketed.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
But that wasn’t my question. My question was that for 4 of the bookings I was not logged in but entered my IB number at the time of booking- I.e. before it was ticketed.
Iberia says:

The Avios will be added within 10 days of the purchase to the Iberia Plus account of all customers identified as members of the Iberia Plus programme during the purchase process.
You filled in your number ai you identified yourself as iberia plus member so you should be alright
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Kaasschaaf
Iberia says:

You filled in your number ai you identified yourself as iberia plus member so you should be alright
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Kaasschaaf
Iberia says:

Note the word "should".........
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:00 am

Lol I will believe this when I see the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.