Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by victairinternational
I got the 90k credited and opened an account for my fiance and he eventually got 90k credited after providing photo ID and PDF of booking confirmations. Does Iberia have any form of 'Family Account', we need 100k for the trip that we have planned, I can top up my Iberia account from BA but can't combine into his aco..... Is there a way around this?
I would urge people to do a basic search in the forum. This issue has come up several times during this promotion (let alone before).

Iberia does not offer family pooling, unlike BA. You can transfer to someone else from your account (paying a fee) or you can buy Avios to top up.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Any suggestions to fly cathay , have you guys seen any availability in business?
I booked Cathay Business class RT on the YVR-JFK fifth freedom route, maybe not the route you are looking for but I can confirm that it ticketed successfully
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:04 pm

If I booked an Iberia award ticket for an economy class seat, am I able to update the ticket to instead be a biz class seat? And vice versa, if I booked a biz class, can I switch to economy and have Avios credited back? Or is that all locked in?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pointsifu
I received this email yesterday. Mine is an old account from 2015 and was never locked. So I have no idea why they need to "activate" my account.

Have not received any Avios so far. Any suggestion what to do? I did email them twice over a week ago, but did not include booking confirmations or passport, nor they asked for it.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.
We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive it soon on the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.
Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code; therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile.
In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account during the following week.

Kind regards
Your Iberia Plus Service Center.
We are in the exact same situation...I received the same email and also have an account from 2015 that was never locked. Still no Avios.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
I received 63.000 early this week and another 27.000 the next day. Managed to get MAD-SFO in Business just a few days after my planned departure.

My OH has not received anything yet and her account is still locked. She sent her ID just a couple of hours after me (before the email requesting it), but has only received an email requesting for ID and e-tickets, which she has sent (now twice). We need to use the points for a specific flight with only 1 seat left, so would be great to receive them soon.

Do Iberia still post points and answer emails in the weekends? It seems like they are sending everything to a special promotions team (or at least they say so).
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I second that. (borowing some characters :-))
My data point:
- new account
- booked 8 one ways on various dates
- had to manually add ff number to existing reservations
- sent required information to confirm account was legitimate
- two responds with "wait, nothing wrong yet"
- 2 days ago inconsistencies
- initially locked out of account (used mobile app to reset)
- had to update profile in order fix passport number (typo)
- responded with disappointment and asked to what was incorrect,
- suddenly confirmed today.
- points posted today

Originally Posted by kublai
Perhaps this will be helpful for those that have been denied their Avios:

No response after 2 weeks. Received the dreaded inconsistencies email this past weekend. Responded 2 days ago with a firm but kind email stating that I met terms and I expected Iberia t honor the promotion. Points posted today. Don't give up.

Cheers
Rookie2014 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:57 pm

Lucky you; did you did anything extra to get the points? Am still patiently waiting.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Lou123
Lucky you; did you did anything extra to get the points? Am still patiently waiting.
Nope, except at the refusal I have replied that I do not agree, asked from what exactly, ano no answer, just confirmation of avious. Once every 3-4 days I have skimmed through this thread.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
What are good F/J suggestions to book? Open to anywhere as I can position. More interested in the experience.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by OC_Matt
We are in the exact same situation...I received the same email and also have an account from 2015 that was never locked. Still no Avios.
I haven't received them either.... Going to give it until Monday.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:58 am

Flying F or J on some of the other more high class one world partners is definitely going to be a nice experience.

However, I think most should book IB biz class it gives you the most bang for your avios. 68k avios + $230 for transatlantic round trip is a deal. Not to mention lounge access in Madrid is good and theres also AA flagships in ORD/JFK if you fly from there. Nice experiences all around for only 68k avios and $230, what a deal.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:00 am

First on BA

Originally Posted by ga8riel
What are good F/J suggestions to book? Open to anywhere as I can position. More interested in the experience.
Doha-London Heathrow, 68000 Avios on BA, it’s the 787-900 plus allows you to use the Qatar lounge in Doha as well as the BA arrivals lounge at Heathrow.
davm666 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by quitecryptic
Flying F or J on some of the other more high class one world partners is definitely going to be a nice experience.

However, I think most should book IB biz class it gives you the most bang for your avios. 68k avios + $230 for transatlantic round trip is a deal. Not to mention lounge access in Madrid is good and theres also AA flagships in ORD/JFK if you fly from there. Nice experiences all around for only 68k avios and $230, what a deal.
You get access to the flagship lounge in ORD, because you depart from T3. However, the JFK flights depart from T7 and AA's flagship lounge is in T8.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:11 am

My wife and me , we both have 90.000 avios . Together we need 180.000 for a returnflight.
How Can we make a booking so that we are both on the same ticket ?

Or is it only possible to book separate ?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Call Iberia. Either you can book separately online and they can merge the bookings afterwards (or at least mark them as belonging together), or they might be able to book it for you over the phone. However, be prepared to pay a fee when booking over the phone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.