Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: American Airlines, Delta, United Airlines
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
But it will not accept the temporary PW so unable to sign in. Any ideas?

Reset your password using the "Forgot Password" link. My temporary password would not work as well but after I reset it I was able to login with my new password.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Received 90,000 points today!!

Here are some data points:
  • Created new account 6/22
  • Purchased 10 tickets on 6/22
  • 7/1 or 7/2, account is locked
  • 7/3, via app ask for pin.
  • 7/4 sent email regarding points status and locked account, receive auto-reply
  • 7/5 received email asking for identification and tickets booked
  • 7/5 sent copy of passport and tickets (.JPG file of passport, pdf of tickets), no auto-reply
  • 7/11 received email about delay
  • 7/13 received email that identification needed, and option to cancel tickets"We are sorry to inform you that we need the copy of your identification document to verify your Iberia Plus account information. Therefore, it is not possible for us to activate your account." "If you wish to cancel any of the tickets you bought for the promotion, you may do so free of charge on this exceptional occasion by sending us the ticket number"
  • 7/13 sent another email with PDF copy of passport and copies of tickets.
  • 7/17 Received 2 emails: (1) with new account pin and (2) "We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios"
  • 7/18 Points posted to my account
I am unable to book any flights with partners other than Iberia metal only. Hopefully, this will be corrected soon. Congrats to everyone that received their points and goodluck to the ones waiting.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:55 am

Another data point for anyone who did not get full credit for all flights booked. My bookings were on 6/22 for me and 6/23 for my wife, 10 tickets each. Both were new accounts. Both were also asked for proof (passport and copies of tickets). Those were submitted on 7/4 and 7/5 respectively. Both of us were credited on 7/17, however I initially received 81,000 and my wife 27,000. Today (7/18), I received another 9,000 and my another 63,000. So, at this point, we have each received the full 90,000. No intervening calls or emails occurred. It seems like Iberia is working through the list, but the major, huge, enormous problem remains partner bookings. These miles have little value to us if we can only use them on Iberia metal.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:16 am

which partners were you guys planning to redeem on ? BA?

seems like many entails $$$ fees but of course i do understand as well that there is no point flying IB metal if it doesnt offer the route you want

better source : another thread
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:48 am

Can Iberia Avios be easily transferred between two user accounts? My wife has some Iberia Avios, and I have some of my own. Would love to combine into one pool.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yes, at a ridiculous cost.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:52 am

Now that Avios are posting seems redemption is the issue. My wife's Avios posted today. Still waiting on mine. Both new accounts.

If she does an award search either on Iberia metal (MAD-PMI-MAD via IB,for example) or on Partner (ORD-DEN-ORD via AA, for example) after selecting flights and clicking "View" the system throws up "An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us."

Assume this is same for others--has calling in and booking an award over the phone been a work around for this? Or is there some step she's missed...she did receive the PIN code reset email and did so. So seems her account should be "unlocked" or whatever you want to call it.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by brody24
Can Iberia Avios be easily transferred between two user accounts? My wife has some Iberia Avios, and I have some of my own. Would love to combine into one pool.
​​​​​​​Not possible with Iberia (without paying a fee). In fact, if you have a BAEC Household account you run into trouble combining your IB+ and BAEC Avios.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by dgilligan02
Now that Avios are posting seems redemption is the issue.
Unless you have something very specific in mind that you feel may go away, my advice would be to wait and see if the errors sort themselves out. It looks like their preventing these Avios from being transferred has caused some collateral effects.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:10 pm

Never posted before but wanted to say thanks to everyone for the updates.

Here's my data if it's of any use to anyone, I can't add to the wiki.

ClaireL / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / Only 2 emails & a Twitter DM to Clasica

ClaireL / HUSBAND / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / None

2 new accounts opened on first day of promo but didn't book until the next. 10 one-way flights for 2 people on each SDR-MAD all at least a week apart Oct-Feb. Had no issues making booking, IB+ number on all confirmations. Didn't get locked out straight away, but did a week after points should have posted, ID requested and submitted, then requested again with ticket info which I sent as a list of PNR and Ticket numbers on an email each, no PDFs. No other contact from them, no 'inconsistencies'. We finally got the 'received, unlocked, and if your info is correct...' email on husband's account yesterday, no email on mine. His points posted by surprise this afternoon, but I got locked out of my own account again at the same time. Just now I got an email each saying 90k points were posted! Managed to easily unlock online with 'forgot password', and both lots of 90k are showing on our accounts.

Just gotta work out what to do with them now. Thanks guys!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Received a e-mail regarding the pending Avios points now:

You have now the 18,000 Avios that you earned in our June promotion for the purchase of 2 tickets that had not yet been credited to your account
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
So my 90k avios posted to my account today. I'm on Iberia now trying to redeem them for flights to madrid with Iberia and I keep getting the message "an error has occured. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us." Going to call up and try to book. They're really not making this straight forward!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Loreno
So my 90k avios posted to my account today. I'm on Iberia now trying to redeem them for flights to madrid with Iberia and I keep getting the message "an error has occured. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us." Going to call up and try to book. They're really not making this straight forward!
Are the flights on IB metal only? Nothing else not even Iberia express
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by quitecryptic
Are the flights on IB metal only? Nothing else not even Iberia express
Ah yes, the flight I am trying to reedem my avios on is for Iberia Express - I am guessing that is why I am getting this issue?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:54 pm

I don't believe it is possible to book partner airfare via the website. I've been getting errors trying to price out CX and AA awards. Anyone try calling? I'll probably call tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.