Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:14 am

I am trying to book a roundtrip ticket for Prague (PRG) to AX (Los Angeles). There are no direct flights and all options require at least one segment (or more) to be on British Airways. However, I am unable to book the ticket. The error shows up and the system won't even display the price / Avios required. FYI - my account is new and I read that old accounts are not affected.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
UPDATE: I got my 90k avios today and husband got 81k. Will work on those last 9k.
Looks like they finally got the clog out of the pipeline today.

DP:
both were new accounts
both had inconsistencies
both sent in EVERYTHING
both were emailed say no points, get refund
sent email to Execs for both accounts
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:16 am

I've called Iberia Brazil and they told me that the 90,000 promo avios could only be used on Iberia operated flights. This is ridiculous, they didn't mention that anywhere!!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Received 90k Avios. New account on last day of promo, sent passport and tickets when asked and just waited patiently without blowing up like some here
^

Originally Posted by elrednaxela
I received 72,000 Avios points in my account this morning as well. Not sure where the other 18,000 points went but I don't care; I consider this a win.

I had a new account, received the dreaded "inconsistencies" email, and booked from Canada. Now to book my flights!

EDIT: Looking back at my 10 flights, every flight is on a different date except 2 of them, which are flying out the same day and same destination (Santander - Madrid). I'd be interested if anyone missed points because of this.
I have those two destinations (MAD & SDR) back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back over a two-day period. Do you have itineraries in the same direction?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, ALL Gold
DP for those interested:

On Sunday evening July 8th I sent Iberia one email each for me, my wife and son with a pdf containing a copy of the biographic page of each passport and 10 confirmations. These were for new accounts that I opened during the promotion. Yesterday my son and I received emails that our accounts had been unlocked and that we had been approved for the bonus Avios which would be posted shortly. This morning, July 17th, we both received an email that the 90K had posted (confirmed). think 9 days for the bonus to post is very reasonable under the circumstances as they are obviously concerned about fraud and woefully underestimated the response to the promotion.

That being said, however, nothing for my wife so far. In fairness to Iberia, I realized when I was reviewing the confirmations that I had transposed two letters in her last name on one reservation. I pointed that out in the email and asked them to correct it. Perhaps that is contributing to the delay for her. I’m going to give them a few more days and then will follow-up if she hasn’t heard anything.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
FINALLY

My wife's 90k avios just posted! New account and originally got the inconsistencies email. I was persistent and the points have now posted to the account.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Mrs SI's posted late this morning. 90k. Now to start the fun part: booking . . .
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:25 am

Hi - Is anyone concerned about using the Avios for a trip after the 10 tickets we booked and don't use? For instance, is there any risk that Iberia will cancel the award ticket booked in Feb if we don't how up for our 10 flights in say Jan?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Booked my business class flight from JFK to MAD for next spring! Sweet!
Originally Posted by Repooc17
^
I have those two destinations (MAD & SDR) back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back over a two-day period. Do you have itineraries in the same direction?
Yes, all of my flights are from SDR to MAD. I might actually use one of the flights for real, haha
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dbrien8668
Hi - Is anyone concerned about using the Avios for a trip after the 10 tickets we booked and don't use? For instance, is there any risk that Iberia will cancel the award ticket booked in Feb if we don't how up for our 10 flights in say Jan?
Sort of. That is why I intend to fly before that. Of course booking could prove to be interesting.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hey, I've just received an email to inform me that my Avios points have been credited, and I have checked and they are showing in my account.

This is after the inconsistencies email - I then sent emails to the Execs and the Clasica email address, so it has made a difference!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
As I mentioned above, just tried to make a hotel booking using my freshly minted Avios and unfortunately it throws up an error code at the last minute. I rang the IB helpline, and they have no access to the "system" to book hotels as it's all done via the Avios.com platform.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
[Data Point]
  1. Opened account June 24th
  2. Booked 10 flights June 24th and 25th. Planned on potentially flying 4 of the 10 (Barcelona, Madrid, Seville), and 6 of the 10 were SDR-MAD one-ways
  3. Changed PIN via the app on July 3rd
  4. Received email requesting for ID verification on July 5th and proof of tickets, submitted requested documents on the same day
  5. Received email confirming receipt on July 8th
  6. Received email activating account on July 16th
  7. Received 90k Avios email on July 17th, all Avios have been credited
Like others, now to use the miles!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:46 am

New account, got the 90k Avois.
Trying to redeem it for Hotels, gives me error message.......

I don't even know why they are blocking these sites now... ...? Any1 having the same message besides Schwann?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by 86BA7
Hey, I've just received an email to inform me that my Avios points have been credited, and I have checked and they are showing in my account.

This is after the inconsistencies email - I then sent emails to the Execs and the Clasica email address, so it has made a difference!
Correlation != Causation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.