Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:08 am

Any success DP's for those people who Iberia created two accounts for? My SO is going through a weird experience where he clicked on "create account" once and it created two accounts for him, and now denying him the points since they closed one of the accounts that he did all his bookings on. Just wanted to see if anyone with this experience has been able to get points posted and if so how??
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by osxunf
Any success DP's for those people who Iberia created two accounts for? My SO is going through a weird experience where he clicked on "create account" once and it created two accounts for him, and now denying him the points since they closed one of the accounts that he did all his bookings on. Just wanted to see if anyone with this experience has been able to get points posted and if so how??
i had the exact same thing. (See about 10 posts back). Still figuring out how to respond but I suspect I might take the refund as I think this might be a fight I am not going to win!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:56 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by osxunf
just got a message today. approving my account (made no mention of the avios) but said my +1's account has some discrepencies wrt ID. since i did not keep a copy of the details i used for making her account i cant say if i made a mistake or not.

I've submitted the passport copies (and etickets) on... 8 Jul.

The worst part is, our tickets are booked together so if she cant get the miles that means the cost of my avios doubled!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by kaka
The worst part is, our tickets are booked together so if she cant get the miles that means the cost of my avios doubled!
Tickets are always separate. They should be able to split the booking and cancel her tickets only, should you wish to go that route.
kaka likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Tickets are always separate. They should be able to split the booking and cancel her tickets only, should you wish to go that route.
Gracias Amigo!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:16 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I got the emails for all 3 family member accounts. All 3 passed their verification and now waiting for the avios.
DebitNM likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
I had received the "info does not match" email after sending docs on July 3rd.

I reviewed my my account and noticed my day of birth was wrong. I challenged them on it as it didn't allow me to correct the day (but the month and year did work if I needed to). This seems like a website glitch from the signup page.

Today i I received the "forwarding to dept for credit" email.

Not that it means anything, but kinda surprised they're putting a timeframe on it by stating "following week". That and the fact they stopped rejecting people based on inconsistencies must be a good sign.

In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account during the following week
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:58 am

Only a handful of people with new accounts received their avios and still had restrictions when booking BA or RT partner flights. I suspect that when they finally post the Avios, they will do to every one who's eligible at once like they did with the older accounts almost 20 days ago.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:01 am
soy

Programs: various
Sent in the ID and tickets per the email request start of July. Got an email back today with new PIN, but no mention of any avios / or any other department.
Have now unlocked my account, and will wait a a bit before getting back to them about the Avios.

Has anyone had the avios post after getting their account unlocked, and if so, how long did it take/was there any extra follow-up required?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by HSR1234

i had the exact same thing. (See about 10 posts back). Still figuring out how to respond but I suspect I might take the refund as I think this might be a fight I am not going to win!
since writing this I have had the email saying

We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios

i don't really expect to get any avios though as my accounts won't match as Iberia have closed the account I used to make the bookings!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:23 am

Received 90,000 Avios on my husband's new account this morning. Had received the "Soon you can see the avios that correspond to your account." email on 7/12.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Just saw the 90k miles posted in my account now, after receiving the email this morning apologizing for delay and forwarding info to correct dept etc.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:34 am

Omg...i received my 90,000 avios! No email but i logged in and see it.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Received 90k Avios. New account on last day of promo, sent passport and tickets when asked and just waited patiently without blowing up like some here
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I received 72,000 Avios points in my account this morning as well. Not sure where the other 18,000 points went but I don't care; I consider this a win.

I had a new account, received the dreaded "inconsistencies" email, and booked from Canada. Now to book my flights!

EDIT: Looking back at my 10 flights, every flight is on a different date except 2 of them, which are flying out the same day and same destination (Santander - Madrid). I'd be interested if anyone missed points because of this.

Last edited by elrednaxela; Jul 17, 2018 at 8:44 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.