Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
I cannot edit wiki, my DP:

jonapet89 / Self / Old / 2011 / NO DOCS / N/A / PARTIALLY POSTED / 27k PTS / 54k MISSING / WAITING / ALREADY CONTACTED DPO AND 1 EXECUTIVE, NO ANSWER SO FAR (AS OF JULY 13)
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by elrednaxela
To those who sent an e-mail to the execs, did you actually include your passport? I really don't want to share that information if I don't have to.
The promo started 3 weeks ago. Before that no one ever expected to get 90.000 Avios for peanuts. Now many people are so desperate to get them today or better yet last week, that they are starting to spam executives, invoking GDPR penalties of 4% of global turnover and lawsuits. Could Iberia have handled this better, sure, but why all the anger and entitlement?

Just wait a week or two and see how this plays out (unless Iberia is telling you they are cancelling your bookings, have already done so, etc.).

Thoroughly disappointed in some Flyertalk members. At this point I just hope Iberia cancels everything (including my 90.000 Avios), we deserve that.
cruisr and Dirk_On_Tour like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:27 am

Sent in info late Monday (9th) night , got a response about 40 min ago with a new PIN and saying that Avios would post soon.
Haven't emailed anyone but classica email and didn't contact them anywhere else.
Dirk_On_Tour likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by gnargel
The promo started 3 weeks ago. Before that no one ever expected to get 90.000 Avios for peanuts. Now many people are so desperate to get them today or better yet last week, that they are starting to spam executives, invoking GDPR penalties of 4% of global turnover and lawsuits. Could Iberia have handled this better, sure, but why all the anger and entitlement?

Just wait a week or two and see how this plays out (unless Iberia is telling you they are cancelling your bookings, have already done so, etc.).

Thoroughly disappointed in some Flyertalk members. At this point I just hope Iberia cancels everything (including my 90.000 Avios), we deserve that.
Why the anger? Because Iberia is not honoring the bargain we agreed to. Entitlement? Um, no. No one is asking for anything other than the explicit benefit of the bargain that was agreed to. If I give you $10 to buy X and Y, and you only give me X, its not called entitlement for someone to say "excuse me, but where is the Y?"
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:16 am

agree - there's every right to kick up a fuss here. An explicit agreement was entered into with Iberia, no one forced them to offer this promotion. We've done our bit now they need to stick to their side of the agreement. Just because it's a generous offer doesn't make it any less of an agreement.
MrM2016 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by chrisjohnston01

nope... see above

Iberia mentioned that you wont be able to transfer the avios out in the same letter they said that you will still get your avios even if you don't fly, from what I remember.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by klanfa
Sent in info late Monday (9th) night , got a response about 40 min ago with a new PIN and saying that Avios would post soon.
Haven't emailed anyone but classica email and didn't contact them anywhere else.

My DP:
Got 3 emails 2 for my account 1 for my daughter, both of us got new pin in the email and I got this one (my daughter didn't)

I emailed Clásic my info 4 times, emailed executives yesterday and day before yesterday, and also posted some tweets and Facebook posts with my IB+.

Dear Mr. Xxxxxx:
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.
We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive it soon on the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.
Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code; therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile.
In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account very shortly.

Kind regards
​​​​
​​
frenchft likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:13 am

SUCCESS!
  • New Account (USA Based)
  • Purchased ticket on June 22th
  • July 5th Email asking for proof documents (Sent proof same day)
  • July 8th email regarding inconsistencies
  • July 12th emailed executives (email included)
    • Why I qualify for the bonus
    • I complied with request for proof
    • Inquiry into how my data was handeld
    • GDPR Concerns
  • July 13th received an email from a customer-accounts iberia email address
    • Good Morning.
      Thank you for your email regarding your missing Avios points from Iberia. I
      am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing.
      The promotion was offered by Iberia and they are managing the fulfilment of
      it. Therefore, it is with regret that I am not in a position to assist you
      further. I have noted that you have also sent the email directly to Iberia
      and so I trust that they will respond to your query as soon as possible -
      please let us know if you require any further assistance in resolving your
      issue.
      Thank you for contacting the Avios Travel Rewards Programme.
      With kind regards
      Avios Travel Rewards
  • July 13th points posted to account & trip booked
frenchft likes this.

Last edited by osxunf; Jul 13, 2018 at 8:42 am
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:25 am

I like how people who emailed them a week after I did are getting responses but i've gotten squat. I'm going to have to press harder, I didn't want to but they seem to be fulfilling requests from newest and backwards...
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
filed a DOT complaint (previous post) about the promo (not the flights)- response form DOT:

Dear Mr. zebranz:

This responds to your communication regarding Iberia Airlines. The U.S. Department of Transportation seeks to ensure that all airline passengers are treated fairly. Complaints from consumers are helpful to us in determining whether airlines are in compliance with our rules and to track trends or spot areas of concern that warrant further action.

Based on the information you have provided, it does not appear that your complaint falls under one of the Department's rules. Please know that we have no authority since your travel is scheduled between two foreign points. However, we will forward your complaint to the airline and will ask the company to respond directly to you. You may also contact the National Enforcement Body of Spain at: https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/lang_castellano/home.aspx

We have entered your complaint in our computerized industry monitoring system, and it will be counted among the number of complaints filed against this airline in our monthly Air Travel Consumer Report. This report allows consumers and air travel companies to compare the complaint records of individual airlines and tour operators. The data in this report also serve as a basis for rulemaking, legislation and research. Consumer information for air travelers, including the Air Travel Consumer Report and our pamphlet Fly-Rights, a Consumer's Guide to Air Travel, can be found on our website, www.transportation.gov/airconsumer. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Jessica Ilich
U.S. Department of Transportation
Aviation Consumer Protection Division
[email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:39 am

Gonna just pepper the executive emails and write 2 or 3 emails a day to Clasica until they are forced to respond. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Sent all verification info for wife and I on July 3 and 4. More than enough time to check it, deposit the Avios, and be done with it.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Will wait before trying next complaint:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...#crnt&panel1-1

My 4 family accounts still all 0. All info/tickets submitted over a week ago. No update.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:01 am

Got this email as well this morning. I was able to reset my password, but no points are in the account yet.

Dear Mr. Xxxxxx:
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.
We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive it soon on the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.
Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code; therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile.
In relation with the 9,000 Avios campaign for flights booked on iberia.com, we have reviewed your request and the information you supplied. We have sent the information to the relevant department for the awarding of the promotional Avios, if the information in your booking is correct, you should see these credit in your account very shortly.

Kind regards
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:20 am

i try redeem Level flight, but says "An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us."....
Old Jul 13, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: LATAM
Originally Posted by martodvo
i try redeem Level flight, but says "An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us."....
apparently at the moment you cannot book flights that are not operated by iberia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.