Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 3, 19, 8:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jbfield
Wiki Link
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jul 12, 18, 5:46 pm
  #1936  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by kbooks66 View Post
Who are these executives you speak of which emails do i need to email to get my points. I am tired of watching my trip dates disappear while everyone else gets points.
https://www.elliott.org/company-cont...eria-airlines/
Leela382 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 6:13 pm
  #1937  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ORF
Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, IHG Spire, MR Gold
Posts: 1,812
what did you say or can you post your email?

Last edited by yuel; Jul 12, 18 at 10:20 pm
yuel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 6:42 pm
  #1938  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
[email protected] bounces back as undeliverable, just as an fyi.
RyanPerkins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:11 pm
  #1939  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CLE
Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 5,419
Originally Posted by RyanPerkins View Post
[email protected] bounces back as undeliverable, just as an fyi.
We probably filled up that inbox. Was working this morning. I suspect the same errors for the rest of the executive email soon as they fill up/go underground whilst this fiasco plays out.

Best of luck to those still in the hunt!
Surface Interval is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:14 pm
  #1940  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Programs: MPC SL
Posts: 99
Also emailed those people on the website. Citing I would like to see what’s going on with the promo and also how my information is safely stored.

mentioned I would take further actions if I don’t hear back in a reasonable timeframe.

however nothing has happened since. No miles, no response.
imnewhere is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:21 pm
  #1941  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,378
Originally Posted by Surface Interval View Post
We probably filled up that inbox. Was working this morning. I suspect the same errors for the rest of the executive email soon as they fill up/go underground whilst this fiasco plays out.

Best of luck to those still in the hunt!
Would a Chairman & CEO's Outlook profile have such size constraints? I'd venture the team managing his inbox have put new filtering rules in place whilst this all plays out.
Coathanger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:23 pm
  #1942  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA (and sometimes Melbourne, VIC, Australia)
Programs: UA, AS, Starwood, Marriott
Posts: 36
Not a new user, but can't figure out how to edit the wiki, so

FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
FlyingPenguin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:37 pm
  #1943  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CLE
Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 5,419
Originally Posted by FlyingPenguin View Post
Not a new user, but can't figure out how to edit the wiki, so

FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts. I've taken the liberty to do it for you. Hope that is ok.
FlyingPenguin likes this.

Last edited by Surface Interval; Jul 12, 18 at 7:47 pm
Surface Interval is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 7:41 pm
  #1944  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CLE
Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 5,419
Originally Posted by Coathanger View Post
Would a Chairman & CEO's Outlook profile have such size constraints? I'd venture the team managing his inbox have put new filtering rules in place whilst this all plays out.
Six of one 1/2 dozen of another - either way they are limiting access whether by virtue of their fine IT team or by chance. Likely that those of us who tried this ploy late will not get anywhere with it.
Coathanger likes this.
Surface Interval is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 9:40 pm
  #1945  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Posts: 85
I emailed July 3rd (before they sent the bulk email to send ID) my passport. All info matches with what's my account. Did not send ticket info in. Today I got a custom reply saying the info on my passport does not match my account. I wrote to them in Spanish. I unlocked my account right after sending the email via the app.

They didnt say say they won't credit the 90k, they said I can get a refund. Time to email the execs.

De acuerdo con el correo electrónico que hemos recibido en nuestro Centro de Servicios Iberia Plus, en relación al bloqueo temporal de su cuenta Iberia Plus, le informamos que hemos recibido correctamente su documentación. Sin embargo, la información contenida en su documento de identidad no coincide con los detalles en su cuenta, por tanto, lamentamos indicarle que no es posible proceder con la activación de su cuenta.

Si desea reembolsar el billete que adquirió, puede hacerlo, excepcionalmente, sin coste alguno enviándonos a [email protected] el número de billete que comienza por 075 que desea reembolsar
ga8riel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 10:48 pm
  #1946  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: YYC
Posts: 13
To those who sent an e-mail to the execs, did you actually include your passport? I really don't want to share that information if I don't have to.
elrednaxela is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 10:55 pm
  #1947  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MEX
Posts: 938
There have been cases of people with new accounts getting the "passport information does not match the account." Simply because they only used one name and last name instead of their full name.

So if your name is "Joseph Miles Smith Flyertalk" and you registered as "Joseph Smith," Iberia is claiming the account information "does not match the passport" and therefore your it is invalid.

I don't think that's a legitimate reason to refuse somebody's Avios.
Viajero Millero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 10:58 pm
  #1948  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Posts: 85
I figured that's why. Im First Middle Last in passport but I Just registered as First Last with Iberia because I know their system is super glitchy and middle names cause issues.

Those who did register their middle name (which for Iberia is second last name) have cited issues creating their account.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero View Post
There have been cases of people with new accounts getting the "passport information does not match the account." Simply because they only used one name and last name instead of their full name.

So if your name is "Joseph Miles Smith Flyertalk" and you registered as "Joseph Smith," Iberia is claiming the account information "does not match the passport" and therefore your it is invalid.

I don't think that's a legitimate reason to refuse somebody's Avios.
ga8riel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 11:05 pm
  #1949  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by elrednaxela View Post
To those who sent an e-mail to the execs, did you actually include your passport? I really don't want to share that information if I don't have to.
I didnt. Some people are claiming quick turnarounds, so I'm guessing they are opening, looking for account number on it and crediting.
ga8riel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 18, 11:51 pm
  #1950  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Francisco
Programs: IB+ Oro, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,078
Originally Posted by ga8riel View Post
Those who did register their middle name (which for Iberia is second last name) have cited issues creating their account.
You should not register your middle name as a second surname. If you add it, it should be as part of your first name. I believe many people probably have had issues because of their browser's autocomplete, which doubled their surname.
Yllanes is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread