FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1915681-iberia-plus-offer-9000-per-booking-21-24-june-2018-iberia-com.html)

craigthemif Jun 23, 2018 3:30 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc (Post 29897284)

I'd like to redeem for a round-trip in j, lax/SFO-mad/bcn. I think ib metal requires the least amount of avios? I ran all searches round trip, not one way.

And how are you guys planning to spend 90k by Dec?

You're unlikely to ever find J award space for California. I've never seen it. Maybe Level in PE.

As for spending 90K, it's hard to tell how truly viral this might have gone, but I'd assume that any award space ex-USA is going to disappear incredibly fast once the bonus Avios start hitting accounts. Whoever designed the promo surely counted on a lot of these bonus Avios expiring unused.

Woodbinerich Jun 23, 2018 3:54 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29897359)
You're unlikely to ever find J award space for California. I've never seen it. Maybe Level in PE.

As for spending 90K, it's hard to tell how truly viral this might have gone, but I'd assume that any award space ex-USA is going to disappear incredibly fast once the bonus Avios start hitting accounts. Whoever designed the promo surely counted on a lot of these bonus Avios expiring unused.

I've got a feeling whoever designed this promo was transferred last week from the BA middle eastern fares department.

Granite64 Jun 23, 2018 3:57 am

So Iberia has confirmed that you don't actually have to fly? They say they have to be redeemed before December 1, does that mean I can book a flight on December 20 as long as I make the booking before December 1?

unrealdan Jun 23, 2018 4:10 am

Yes!.

tobsw Jun 23, 2018 5:03 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29897359)

There´s "plenty" J availability on the LAX route during the winter. Remember Iberia extended the route to year-round.

Granite64 Jun 23, 2018 5:16 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz (Post 29895975)
Currently in LAS, so even with country restriction, I bought this ticket in US. I am curious how this plays out, as I have put my Czech address in Iberia Plus.

Use a VPN.

Crofton138 Jun 23, 2018 5:42 am

Anyone else having this issue? My IB account is several months old and I’m trying on Chrome, IE, Edge & Firefox with no luck.

Please check your Iberia Plus number xxxxxxxx because it does not match the name and family name on the booking. If you are an On Business member, the name must the same as the one you have with Iberia Plus. Change it with On Business before booking your flight.

mylabel Jun 23, 2018 6:03 am

If you have issue with the name mismatch, try going to Portuguese website which has another UX, it shouldn't has any problems, at least for me.

more4less Jun 23, 2018 6:06 am

Never an IB thread has been so active ;)

lautaro Jun 23, 2018 6:46 am

My 5 bookings from yesterday don't appear any longer under "bookings" in my Iberia Plus account. And the cc charges appear to have been reversed. If I access each reservation manually, they don't have payment information anymore. :confused:

DetroitFlyer Jun 23, 2018 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Pilot05 (Post 29896319)
I just bought 3 round-trips as six one-ways while logged in as the IB Plus cardholder. The 6 tickets are in the name of myself and two other family members (who are not IB Plus members). Any reason I would NOT get 54,000 Avios points (6 x 9k)?

You won't get all the points. The T&Cs clearly state that the points will be posted per passenger, into the Iberia Plus account for that passenger.

So you bought 6 tickets, but only 2 of those tickets are for Iberia Plus passengers (yourself) so you only get 18,000 Avios, not 54,000.

Ldnn1 Jun 23, 2018 7:07 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 29897194)
None of the topcashback click throughs have tracked on my account, which is sad :(

Mine all have

Pilot05 Jun 23, 2018 7:28 am

Don’t forget Iberia chase CC

50,000 IB Avios points after $3k spend. $99 annual fee. No free bags

not bad if you are already adding points

msg75 Jun 23, 2018 7:35 am

Follow-up to the issue with newly created accounts:

Is it imperative to call and have the Plus # added prior to 6/24 since the website currently spits out the mis-match error, or just give the system a few days to catch up and add it yourself via the website when able?

THEOBCMAN Jun 23, 2018 7:52 am

Originally Posted by olgsr (Post 29896026)
THEOBCMAN, p78

It's 9000 per ticket, not per segment

Its p88 and yes fully aware thank you. That’s why I’ve booked 4 one ways. 36K !

BTW I fully intend on transferring straight to BA and see what happens.