Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 3, 19, 8:15 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jbfield
Wiki Link
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 8, 18, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Unlocked PIN and Inconsistency email for me.

Oh well, win some lose some I suppose.
Old Jul 8, 18, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly View Post
It seems sending the tickets is what prompts the 'inconsistencies' email from IB.

I only sent my passport scan so they would know my account was legitimately set up. No inconsistencies email nor any refund offer for me.

I'm not inclined to jump through another hoop for IB. I followed the rules and now it's time for them to pay up. If I accept a refund, it will only be through the credit card dispute process.
Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
...For those who are saying the only refund they will accept is via a chargeback, good luck with that and thanks for increasing the cost of credit cards for all of us. It is an abuse of the chargeback process to decline to use the merchants refund procedure and simply use chargeback because you want to punish the merchant. (And of course, if your ticket hasn't been canceled, the fact that you're not getting the miles you hoped would not be a valid basis for a chargeback.)
What part of 'I haven't been offered a refund' don't you understand? I'm holding non-refundable tickets.

I purchased A + B with a promise of B being delivered within 10 days. Non-delivery of goods is EXACTLY what the credit card dispute process is for, particularly in the context of a non-responsive merchant.
choklit and johnwooz like this.
Old Jul 8, 18, 1:09 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by tobsw View Post
Concerto, no, you just have to use the Avios by 1st of december.

If you read carefully hte T&Cs you will realise that you had to book an Iberia, Iberia Express o Air Nostrum flight in order to qualify for the 9K Avios.

You can redeem ad libitum, as long as it is withing IbPlus.
Ok thanks, glad to have it clarified. It was just a lingering doubt that I had.
Old Jul 8, 18, 1:40 pm

My wife and I just received the dreaded “inconsistencies” email from Iberia.

But what is especially incredible in the email is Iberia’s claim they found a SECOND Iberia Plus account for both my wife and myself!

I know that is not true because I keep meticulous records of all accounts open, and handle them for my wife, too. And we’ve only been married for a few years, so it is not like I forgot about a very old account. Plus she has never opened any accounts with any airline in her entire life. Before we married she had not been out of the US for 25 years!

So the only explanation I can think of is that they are inventing second accounts for us so that they have an excuse to deny the Avios. But how can I possibly prove the negative – that we don’t have second accounts?
Old Jul 8, 18, 1:53 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, TrueBlue, SkyPesos
So TLDR:
If you have an old account, you're getting Avios.
If you have a new account, you're not.

Not sure if I should respond to their refund email or do a cc dispute.
Old Jul 8, 18, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by rje444 View Post

But what is especially incredible in the email is Iberia’s claim they found a SECOND Iberia Plus account for both my wife and myself!

I know that is not true because I keep meticulous records of all accounts open, and handle them for my wife, too. And we’ve only been married for a few years, so it is not like I forgot about a very old account. Plus she has never opened any accounts with any airline in her entire life. Before we married she had not been out of the US for 25 years!

So the only explanation I can think of is that they are inventing second accounts for us so that they have an excuse to deny the Avios. But how can I possibly prove the negative – that we don’t have second accounts?
well they'd have to prove when etc it was created and the ip address surely if you asked for it and it went to court so wouldn't worry about it. If you know you didn't then you're quite within your right to find out when and where it was created as after all, its using your name and you know nothing about it.

I can only imagine they're looking into mine a bit deeper to try and come up with something else as i sent mine all in last wednesday and still nothing but the confirmation its been received. sent the passport, e ticket pdf's and even pdf files of every single email i received from them which all stated my IB number date and time

To be honest i just want to get any response now as I will not be excepting a refund at all, at least until they can prove the so called inconsistencies and how it doesn't follow the t&c's which cleary stated otherwise....

trading standards would love to hear about all this... I bet!
Old Jul 8, 18, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
What part of 'I haven't been offered a refund' don't you understand? I'm holding non-refundable tickets.

I purchased A + B with a promise of B being delivered within 10 days. Non-delivery of goods is EXACTLY what the credit card dispute process is for, particularly in the context of a non-responsive merchant.

Oh I understand completely. If you hold nonrefundable tickets, and those tickets are valid, you have been given all that you paid for.
Miles are not a good to be delivered to you.
Miles remain the property of Iberia.
The terms and conditions of the Iberia mileage program matter.
It is not a non responsive merchant when they have asked you to provide information and you are choosing not to do so.
Yet another example of why certain kinds of people make the rest of us look bad.
Old Jul 8, 18, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rje444 View Post

Not sure if this has already been said somewhere, but surely just use a Subject Access Request to get all personal information that they have on you. See what data is in the "duplicate" account. If they provide it, you have a defence to work from. If they don't... we'll it's obviously not YOUR data, so you have a defence to work from!
Old Jul 8, 18, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 View Post
Oh I understand completely. If you hold nonrefundable tickets, and those tickets are valid, you have been given all that you paid for.
Miles are not a good to be delivered to you.
Miles remain the property of Iberia.
The terms and conditions of the Iberia mileage program matter.
It is not a non responsive merchant when they have asked you to provide information and you are choosing not to do so.
Yet another example of why certain kinds of people make the rest of us look bad.
Yet another example of that certain kind of person who likes to show up on a thread and act as if they are the supreme arbiter ;-)

I'll concede that people often expect to much, but given all of the terms of the offer and the reassurances by Iberia at least those of us who booked in good faith for trips we plan to travel on should have been given the 9k points and not a run around. And while it's great that you have read a court case or two, there are things aside from court that we have at our disposal. I've gotten pretty good compensation from a non-US airline through the US DOT for failure of that airline to honor its end of a bargain, admittedly under the current administration I don't have high hopes for that. Plus, your suggestion that airlines have unbridled discretion to give or not give miles, even where a passenger met the terms of an offer may or may not be true. It certainly wont endear Iberia to the public, I have always passed on them because I am not a fan of their business class seats, I think this will make me avoid them even for intra EU flights.
86BA7 and zeer0 like this.
Old Jul 8, 18, 3:29 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Is anyone in the same boat as me - Avios credited, even got an email congratulating me, but now also got all flights cancelled and refunded by IB (it was automated email chain informing me this - honestly I did not know what happened) and all Avios still in account?
johnwooz and p_l like this.
Old Jul 8, 18, 3:33 pm

Programs: QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post
Is anyone in the same boat as me - Avios credited, even got an email congratulating me, but now also got all flights cancelled and refunded by IB (it was automated email chain informing me this - honestly I did not know what happened) and all Avios still in account?
I am not in the same boat as you but I’m curious, did you make a booking with any of the Avios that you were credited?
Old Jul 8, 18, 3:33 pm
p_l

Booked Spanish time 11:30pm June 21 10 tickets 15-20€. Have Iberia account for 12 months. Nothing happens, No account locking, no emails, checked spam folder etc. Only emails are the 10 bookings and a new Iberia offer July 5.

day 17 and counting
Old Jul 8, 18, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
I only sent my passport scan so they would know my account was legitimately set up. No inconsistencies email nor any refund offer for me..
I did the same. They have already credited my account with 90k plus 200 welcome bonus.

Will be interesting to see if they tell me that they cannot award the Avios when they already have.

Old Jul 8, 18, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Originally Posted by Tommys888 View Post
Avios credited but no congratulations email.

I can see where this is headed.

Old Jul 8, 18, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0 View Post
So TLDR:
If you have an old account, you're getting Avios.
If you have a new account, you're not.

Not sure if I should respond to their refund email or do a cc dispute.
Actually, it looks like all new accounts are getting "inconsistencies" email.
And not all old accounts are getting AVIOS miles..

There are various DPs (even in this thread) where even old accounts didn't get the AVIOS points yet.

Search this Thread