Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by denkigroove

The really cheap oneways for 15€ are sold out now.
Yeah, I saw. Managed to grab one last night for $17.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:25 am

Not able to add the Iberia Plus # to the FF of the passengers, keep getting this dumb error: "Please check your Iberia Plus number_______ because it does not match the name and family name on the booking. If you are an On Business member, the name must the same as the one you have with Iberia Plus. Change it with On Business before booking your flight."

Last edited by beagleflyer1977; Jun 22, 2018 at 10:47 am Reason: info
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
It's because the Iberia website is garbage. You have to essentially force it to continue. When I booked my flights I had to do this for the last 8 of them.

I just kept clicking the continue button while it was loading and I got it to work. Sometimes it still took me five times, but I was able to start forcing it. My 10th flight legitimately took 15 times but I finally got it.

Of note, same computer and browser, I didn't have any of these problems when I booked the flights for my wife.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Did you change any of you profile details? If you signed up recently signed up for an account or made changes it takes a few hours to work through the system. I had this error last night and today it was resolved.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:59 am

Ya recently signed up - well yesterday. Did the 10 tickets, but didn't add any of the FF# due to this error during the booking. Wondering if I'm screwed :-(

Last edited by beagleflyer1977; Jun 22, 2018 at 11:00 am Reason: info
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I'm in for 10. I just signed up for my Avios account and while my e-mail receipt shows my new number on each ticket, MMB does not. I assume this will resolve as noted above.

I guess there's little risk here - IB promised to deposit 9,000 miles into our accounts within 10 days for each booking. If they do not, I believe a credit card dispute would be appropriate, which should cost IB something on top of the refund of the tickets for not fulfilling the terms of our agreement.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Ya recently signed up - well yesterday. Did the 10 tickets, but didn't add any of the FF# due to this error during the booking. Wondering if I'm screwed :-(
Perhaps. The terms specifically say that one needs to be identified as a member of the program during the purchase process. Were you logged in when buying the tickets?

For me, I was logged in when purchasing my tickets and just clicked the button indicating I was traveling, so my name and FF number auto-populated. Now the number doesn't appear with the booking and I get an error trying to add it. I have my itin receipts, each with my Avios number on it - which should establish that it was present during the booking process.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
Perhaps. The terms specifically say that one needs to be identified as a member of the program during the purchase process. Were you logged in when buying the tickets?

For me, I was logged in when purchasing my tickets and just clicked the button indicating I was traveling, so my name and FF number auto-populated. Now the number doesn't appear with the booking and I get an error trying to add it. I have my itin receipts, each with my Avios number on it - which should establish that it was present during the booking process.
Yes I was logged in and same thing, today doesn't show the FF# and I can't even add it. Don't know how these Iberia folk run an airline.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:32 am

Statement from Iberia thanks to Loyalty lobby...

I'm not sure about the negative balance and how that works? As I would look to withdraw to my BA Avios account.

Here’s the statement that Iberia spokesperson emailed us:

I have just sent you an e-mail with further information on our 9,000 Avios special promotion, but, please let me try to explain the doubts in your article, that I have just read

Our Iberia Plus cardholders will be able to keep the promotional Avios, if they don’t fly the purchased segments. And you can only redeem the Avios awarded through this promotion through the Iberia Plus programme. If the customers transfer these Avios to their BA Executive Club account, they will have a negative balance in the Iberia Plus programme, as those Avios wouldn’t have been spent by the date mentioned above.

Please, let me know, if you need further details on this. We would be grateful, if you can include this information in your article.

Here’s the full press release:So for any flight ticket, either one way or return, bought on iberia.com until the 24th of June on a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum, our Iberia Plus cardholders will get 9,000 Avios.

Each Iberia Plus cardholder will be able to earn up to 90,000 Avios during the promotion period. The Avios will be added within 10 days of the purchase to the Iberia Plus account of all customers identified as members of the Iberia Plus programme during the purchase process. These 9,000 Avios per booking will be additional to the Avios the customer will get for flying.

If the fare booked allows it and the customer decides to refund the ticket, these Avios will be withdrawn for their account. But if the customer buys the ticket and doesn’t fly, he will be able to keep those promotional Avios. The promotional Avios not redeemed by the 1st of December 2018 will be withdrawn from the cardholder’s account. These promotional Avios can be used to pay for services such as flight tickets, hotel booking, rental car… to be used next year.

Iberia Plus cardholders will receive those 9,000 Avios even when booking a ticket with multiple flights and carriers, if just one of the flights booked are operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum. For instance:

Madrid-London flight operated by Iberia

London-Madrid flight operated by British Airways

The promotion is available when the tickets are bought on iberia.com in the following countries: Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Russia, United Kingdom, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico and USA, regardless of the origin of the flight. So, you will get the 9,000 Avios, if you book a flight from Athens to Madrid, or from Johannesburg to Madrid, etc… operated by Iberia, on any of the iberia.com sites mentioned above.

Our Iberia Plus cardholders can book their flights until the 24th of June clicking on this link:
oneworld82, choklit and PLATINOIB like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
No issues here. My number auto-populates when doing a booking. My IB account is several years old, so not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yeah, I am not playing this game. I am platino so the risk of an account shutdown is way more than the potential benefit here.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
When I phoned them last night, they told me the website works much better with Mozilla Firefox! This may help generally with functionality on the website, but yet to test it myself.
Thanks! I downloaded Firefox and now it works. So weird. I am hopeful that my flight I booked without logging in will still earn me the Avios.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Did you pick Amex personal or corporate?
Personal
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:35 pm

Wish I had tried this sooner. At 18 each it would've been worth trying. At 35+ not as much.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Best I can do know is $34 Can anyone find lower? I'm looking at SVQ, just booked one.

I don't think I'll go all in at this price, but will roll the dice on a few.

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 22, 2018 at 12:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.