Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, EK Silver
I missed this promotion by a couple of hours thanks to a long weekend of football which prevented me from checking up on my usual travel blogs.

So I did a bit of digging and found that I could just book flights with Iberia and have 24 hours to cancel, just like with sister company BA. Little did I realise that unlike BA, Iberia have service fees tacked on to any cancellations even within 24 hours.

So without having done enough research on this, I foolishly went ahead and booked 5 separate trips with them in the hope that they’ll honour the promotion even though I missed the deadline by a couple of hours. I thought it wouldn’t be an issue as I could just cancel within 24 hours if they say no on the promo.

Instead I’ve had to cancel 5 separate bookings and pay Ł15 each in service fees to cancel them. Can anyone advise a better solution for this dilemma?

Last edited by milehighmike; Jun 25, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Combine your avios from BA doesn't give an option to transfer out of IB. Try it and see.

Probably Avios.com works.
People with Household Accounts shouldn't make definitive statements.

BA quite easily pulls Avios in from IB+.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by milehighmike
I missed this promotion by a couple of hours thanks to a long weekend of football which prevented me from checking up on my usual travel blogs.

So I did a bit of digging and found that I could just book flights with Iberia and have 24 hours to cancel, just like with sister company BA. Little did I realise that unlike BA, Iberia have service fees tacked on to any cancellations even within 24 hours.

So without having done enough research on this, I foolishly went ahead and booked 5 separate trips with them in the hope that they’ll honour the promotion even though I missed the deadline by a couple of hours. I thought it wouldn’t be an issue as I could just cancel within 24 hours if they say no on the promo.

Instead I’ve had to cancel 5 separate bookings and pay Ł15 each in service fees to cancel them. Can anyone advise a better solution for this dilemma?
Unfortunately, you made quite a number of assumptions. There's little that can be done now. There was no way you would find out that they were for some reason going to out of the goodness of their heart extend the promo for you within 24 hours anyway. Some here may dishonestly suggest a chargeback, but that probably wont work, and isn't made for circumstances where the customer made an error in judgment.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, EK Silver
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Unfortunately, you made quite a number of assumptions. There's little that can be done now. There was no way you would find out that they were for some reason going to out of the goodness of their heart extend the promo for you within 24 hours anyway.
Yes that's true, I could've gambled on it by not processing a refund within 24 hours and wait for their reply citing technical problems with their website upon booking before the deadline but the telephone representative told me it would be quite unlikely they would honour the promo.

The only bad assumption I made really was on their cancellation policy, thinking it would be the same as BAs so thinking the worst case I would have just cancelled for free.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by more4less

Thanks info,

In all my bookings I was logged in but when you buy a ticket for 2 pax(I did it twice) how possibly could I be logged in for both?

We will have to wait a few days and see.
Another DP from Iberia's Spanish Twitter account that they will count app purchases.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:48 pm

The Iberia English Twitter account ( that had previously stated the app purchases did not qualify) is also saying they will count now.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav
It's rubbish. The Iberia statement explains very clearly that Avios will be issued with or without the flights being taken, and that the risk of negative avios is following a transfer to BAEC. You can't cite the general terms and conditions for redemption (very specific situation) with the t&c of a promotion, and the rules of the promotion haven't been altered during its course. They only have 45 minutes or so to do that, so I'm quite confident it won't happen.

A cynic might say that a naysaying piece at the end of a promo would be bound to get a lot of page views, but his arguments don't hold water. Yes, there are some risks around strict t&c being applied, yes there is a problem with a herd mentality when people pile in and go large, but the points he's arguing are non sequiturs.

Incidentally, if non-flown sectors cause a reclaim of the bonus, you'll know fairly soon. Just don't spend the avios before that and you won't go negative. Someone will hit that situation fairly soon I should think and will report.
Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
I'm going to check into all of my flights and hope all of them get cancelled due to an issue within the airline's control.
Originally Posted by str1der2903
Iberia's twitter handle confirmed that Avios will post to purchases through the App, provided you were logged in while making those purchases. Of course, they give different answers to the same questions on the same day, but atleast this gives some proof in case I need to 'fight it out' with them for refund of my purchases through the app, as I did contact them within 24 hours of making the bookings to refund per DOT rules.
Originally Posted by flyerflyer77
Another DP from Iberia's Spanish Twitter account that they will count app purchases.
Originally Posted by flyerflyer77
The Iberia English Twitter account ( that had previously stated the app purchases did not qualify) is also saying they will count now.

As I thought since ETKTs say issued by IB.COM , IBERIA.COM on past bookings Ive made.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Has everybody’s tickets gone from pending on your CC to charged?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
No still some pending for me. I bought some on the UK website and some on the ES website and only the ES ones have gone through.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by cruisr
I made 10 bookings on an Amex and 10 bookings on my Chase Sapphire. The Amex bookings all posted today. The Chase Sapphire still has them pending.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:13 am

Only concerned about the Avios posting really
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Not sure why you guys are concerned about pending vs. posted CC transactions. Has nothing to do with the promo. CC txns take time to post no matter what.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Checked my Chase Sapphire Reserve yesterday to see the 10 flight purchases in the pending queue. Just checked now and they seem to be conspicuously absent. (uh oh!) Not posted, but not pending either. Reservations still appear to be good on the Iberia website and haven’t gotten any emails about cancellation. Anyone else have this going on?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by missmelindam
Checked my Chase Sapphire Reserve yesterday to see the 10 flight purchases in the pending queue. Just checked now and they seem to be conspicuously absent. (uh oh!) Not posted, but not pending either. Reservations still appear to be good on the Iberia website and haven’t gotten any emails about cancellation. Anyone else have this going on?
This is not unusual at all and not IB specific - there is sometimes a day in between the pending dropping off and the transaction posting.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Another confirmation of the App validity via the IB twitter team...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.