Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cruisr

I got my one ticket refunded within 24 hours, The DOT says that if a foreign carrier markets in the US they must offer the 24 hour cancellation. https://www.transportation.gov/sites...20130530_0.pdf

i was going to go in for this but thought better of it given the aggravating experiences i have had previously with IB. I called 16 hours after making the res and after the MIA based res agent consulted her supervisor she said, yes, i was correct and the booking will be cancelled and refunded. It was in pending status on my CC when I called and now its gone completely. So, yes you can get a 24 hour xl and refund if you are in the U.S.
Next time offer the miles to someone on here for the $!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: DL GM
I'm going to check into all of my flights and hope all of them get cancelled due to an issue within the airline's control.
HGHUA likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Well, it'll be bloody hard to get the New York seats as so many people will be after those I'm guessing.
If I can get the route I want I am going to need to top up the 90k for my wife and I. What is the quickest way to transfer Avios over, from BAEC or Amex? Combine my Avios I would think but advice would be welcome.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:14 am

Called Iberia today and mentioned that I had created an Iberia Plus account a few hours before booking some flights. Mentioned how the IB # shows up on email confirmations, but for some reason was not on the online flight reservations on my account. Told him how I manually input each one. I asked if people who had just signed up for Iberia numbers right before booking would still be eligible for the Avios promo. He said definitely and that no term excluded those who had just signed up for Iberia number. Asked if any issue since I had to manually add my IB# after the fact and he said no issue since its properly attached to the res now.

He sounded like he was reading a script or had been fed answers to these questions (which isn't necessarily a bad thing if the info he is being fed is correct).
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Question ... if someone later added a different Oneworld number to the IB tickets after they were purchased with the new IB number, is there a way to change it back manually to the IB number other than calling in? The IB and BA site don't seem to give the option to change a number once added. And yes ... I realize this may create problems in getting the miles.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I'm really thinking IB was some sort of evil genius here. Redemptions are hard on IB for partners and for people that transfer out, they'll end up negative and I bet they partner with BAEC to be able to take those avios out of BAEC and both programs end up with better balance sheets. In the mean time, they're getting millions in cash for seats people have no intention of flying. They will then brag over the next year about how much they are saving in ground handling costs while they can load up more cargo in the flights.
It's a lovely thought. I managed to dig out a photo of their newly appointed customer loyalty director...

But seriously, it's not exactly the best run airline. Why would this be any different??
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by GWZM2804
If I can get the route I want I am going to need to top up the 90k for my wife and I. What is the quickest way to transfer Avios over, from BAEC or Amex? Combine my Avios I would think but advice would be welcome.
Combine my Avios from BA is instant so probably your best bet.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Combine my Avios from BA is instant so probably your best bet.
Combine your avios from BA doesn't give an option to transfer out of IB. Try it and see.

Probably Avios.com works.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:19 pm

Iberia's twitter handle confirmed that Avios will post to purchases through the App, provided you were logged in while making those purchases. Of course, they give different answers to the same questions on the same day, but atleast this gives some proof in case I need to 'fight it out' with them for refund of my purchases through the app, as I did contact them within 24 hours of making the bookings to refund per DOT rules.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Aren't you in Spain? If you have an Icon card, you can get 8000 avios nights at paradores right now. It's actually quite the deal for hotels.
No, very much not. I’m mostly in Switzerland or Germany and am in Russia right now! Sounds a good deal though. What’s an Icon card?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by str1der2903
Iberia's twitter handle confirmed that Avios will post to purchases through the App, provided you were logged in while making those purchases. Of course, they give different answers to the same questions on the same day, but atleast this gives some proof in case I need to 'fight it out' with them for refund of my purchases through the app, as I did contact them within 24 hours of making the bookings to refund per DOT rules.
Thanks info,

In all my bookings I was logged in but when you buy a ticket for 2 pax(I did it twice) how possibly could I be logged in for both?

We will have to wait a few days and see.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto

What’s an Icon card?
It is a sort of Iberia credit card. Not sure if you can obtain it outside Spain.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold
Thanks Jetstreamer
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Combine your avios from BA doesn't give an option to transfer out of IB. Try it and see.

Probably Avios.com works.
No but the question was about BA>IB transfers which are straightforward.

You can (theoretically) transfer out of IB>BA if you don't have a BA household account. If you do (like me) then transferring to Avios.com first does the trick (for now).
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
No but the question was about BA>IB transfers which are straightforward.

You can (theoretically) transfer out of IB>BA if you don't have a BA household account. If you do (like me) then transferring to Avios.com first does the trick (for now).
Transferring IB to BA doesn't seem like anything anyone should count on, considering the statement of Iberia many days ago:
"You can only redeem the Avios awarded through this promotion through the Iberia Plus programme. If the customers transfer these Avios to their BA Executive Club account, they will have a negative balance in the Iberia Plus programme, as those Avios wouldn’t have been spent by the date mentioned above."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.