Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I haven't seen anyone in this situation yet. I'm booked on AA domestic flights using these Avios. Due to weather, one set of flights has already been cancelled and it's not looking for the flights I was rebooked on (by AA), for tomorrow. If the new flights are cancelled it will no longer make sense for me to make the trip, at least for a few weeks/months.

What would be the best way to handle a weather cancellation and get a refund or change it so that won't cause me to lose the Avios? If AA cancels the flight, just call IB to refund it and hope for the best? See if AA will rebook me to a much later date? I don't think all the Avios I used were actually part of the promo Avios either, I had transferred some from BA to cover part of the cost, if that would matter... Ideally would get the Avios back, and would re-use them once I could figure out new dates. Second best option, try to have AA rebook me to a random date about a month out. Third best, have AA cancel the flight segments left. Call IB and have them change the dates of the flights to something else, preserving the value of the ticket? Just want to have a good understanding of my options.
Not the exact same situation but I cancelled an Iberia award flight booked using these promotional avios. I cancelled the flights after the December 1st cut off date and received the promotional avios back in my Iberia account without issue. I transferred them to BA and my Iberia account has not gone into negative avios territory since then.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
What Iberia giveth it (threatens to) taketh away.

I had 90k Avios in my account before the 90k promotional Avios landed in my account on July 2nd last year. On July 3rd I redeemed 90k Avios on an award booking which I flew. Last September I redeemed a futher 90k Avios for flights next August.

I called to cancel my future booking. The agent said that as I had participated in the June promotion they need to check whether I would be entitled to an Avios refund. I pointed out that I had made a separate redemption after the promotional Avios landed but was told that I may not have used the “right” Avios on that redemption. She promised to call me back once the supervisors audited my transactions.

The implication is that the redemption I had made and flown will have used ’old’ Avios, not the promotional ones. Surely this is wrong. I would not have made the July 3 redemption unless I was certain I was using the Avios received on July 2!
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Not the exact same situation but I cancelled an Iberia award flight booked using these promotional avios. I cancelled the flights after the December 1st cut off date and received the promotional avios back in my Iberia account without issue. I transferred them to BA and my Iberia account has not gone into negative avios territory since then.

Whilst we are waiting for further info from UKdiver I wonder if you could please give us some more info on this?
  • When / how soon after booking / 1 Dec did you cancel the trip?
  • Had you used some extra Avios to book it, and were all of them refunded?
  • Did you cancel by 'phone (I can't seem to find any way of cancelling a redemption booking on line, i.e without talking to an agent)
  • If so, did the agent not mention the promotional Avios you had used at all?
  • How long did the Avios take to get back to your account and ...
  • how long were they there do you think before you noticed them and transferred them out?
Many thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:40 pm

Just a data point for a very vanilla transaction in case it helps anyone -

I needed to change my flight date - ideally route as well, to route to an different airport a couple of hours away. I had ticketed this with Iberia with the promotional miles, but both flights on the itinerary are on BA metal. There was availability on my new date to both my original destination airport and my preferred rerouted airport, both still on BA, but they wouldn't change the destination. They were fully willing to change the date for a 25 EUR per ticket fee, though.

Interestingly, I called twice (HUCA) before a third agent could help me. The first two agents were fully on board with a date change and said it was possible for the 25 EUR fee, but when they went to search for the new date, they couldn't identify the BA award space I could see on both the IB and BA award search engines. I even called BA after the call with the second agent to verify it wasn't phantom availability, and they assured me it was true availability. The BA agent actually recommended I cancel the ticket with Iberia and transfer my Avios to BA if the Iberia agents still couldn't find the space, but I didn't want to risk not getting my Avios back + the space could disappear by then, of course. Finally, I called Iberia back a third time and instead of starting the call saying I wanted to change my current booking, I asked the agent to locate the award space first. That agent did see the availability, and only then did I say "great, can we please change my reservations under XXXXXX and XXXXXX to that date?" I assume he ran into some roadblock because he had to put me on a few holds muttering about some complications, but eventually he got it ticketed. Just in case anyone else has a tough time!
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:48 pm

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching for it but couldn't find an answer.

There was a 2h schedule change on a flight that I booked using the promotional 90k Avios. So I want to reebok. Does it need to have award space on the new flight that I wanna change to? I'm asking this coz I know that on AA when there are schedules changes you can only change to another flight (same route) for free if there is award space available (other option is a refund w/o penalty). However, with LATAM you can change for any flight for free (same route as well) as long as there is an empty seat, which is just amazing. How does Iberia handle this?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ttop10
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching for it but couldn't find an answer.

There was a 2h schedule change on a flight that I booked using the promotional 90k Avios. So I want to reebok. Does it need to have award space on the new flight that I wanna change to? I'm asking this coz I know that on AA when there are schedules changes you can only change to another flight (same route) for free if there is award space available (other option is a refund w/o penalty). However, with LATAM you can change for any flight for free (same route as well) as long as there is an empty seat, which is just amazing. How does Iberia handle this?
Are you trying to re-book a partner flight or IB metal? IB is only going to want to re-book into partner award space that they can easily access. They won't re-book you into AA or LATAM revenue inventory.

But as long as your schedule change hasn't caused a definite mis-connect, IB won't want to do anything for free. You could refund (at your risk of losing the 90k Avios) or pay the change fee and move to a different flight with award space. At best you'd get that change fee waived if you have a good excuse for why your original, changed itinerary no longer works.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Are you trying to re-book a partner flight or IB metal? IB is only going to want to re-book into partner award space that they can easily access. They won't re-book you into AA or LATAM revenue inventory.

But as long as your schedule change hasn't caused a definite mis-connect, IB won't want to do anything for free. You could refund (at your risk of losing the 90k Avios) or pay the change fee and move to a different flight with award space. At best you'd get that change fee waived if you have a good excuse for why your original, changed itinerary no longer works.
Trying to rebook IB Metal. Since Award space is not plenty anymore and dates are scarce now, I wonder if when rebooking because of that 2h schedule change they do it AA style (only rebook to flights with award space) or LATAM style (rebook to any flight as long as there is a seat available).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Trying to rebook IB Metal. Since Award space is not plenty anymore and dates are scarce now, I wonder if when rebooking because of that 2h schedule change they do it AA style (only rebook to flights with award space) or LATAM style (rebook to any flight as long as there is a seat available).
Award space and that's assuming that the agent will actually let you change without a change fee...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Just to clarify how AA handles this, it depends if the award flights are on AA or partner airlines, and how serious the schedule change is, and what your desired new flights are. If the change is not trivial and you want to change your AA flights, or change from a partner to an AA flight, then agents will usually do so. In some cases, agents can overbook you into a flight without award space, while in other cases they need to ask revenue management or a supervisor to do so. The more serious the schedule change, the easier it is to get on your desired new flight. If, however, you want to be moved to a partner flight that doesn't have space, AA will need to go through a liaison to send a request to the partner to open up space. If the schedule change is minor, then it's quite difficult to get on a flight without award space.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by UKdiver
What Iberia giveth it (threatens to) taketh away.

I had 90k Avios in my account before the 90k promotional Avios landed in my account on July 2nd last year. On July 3rd I redeemed 90k Avios on an award booking which I flew. Last September I redeemed a futher 90k Avios for flights next August.

I called to cancel my future booking. The agent said that as I had participated in the June promotion they need to check whether I would be entitled to an Avios refund. I pointed out that I had made a separate redemption after the promotional Avios landed but was told that I may not have used the “right” Avios on that redemption. She promised to call me back once the supervisors audited my transactions.

The implication is that the redemption I had made and flown will have used ’old’ Avios, not the promotional ones. Surely this is wrong. I would not have made the July 3 redemption unless I was certain I was using the Avios received on July 2!
Would it surprise anyone that no-one attempted to call me so far when I was promised a call by Monday? I took a chance and cancelled anyway. Lets see what happens.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:26 am

Thanks for the update UKdiver. Please let us know whether or not you lose the Avios.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
Whilst we are waiting for further info from UKdiver I wonder if you could please give us some more info on this?
  • When / how soon after booking / 1 Dec did you cancel the trip?
  • Had you used some extra Avios to book it, and were all of them refunded?
  • Did you cancel by 'phone (I can't seem to find any way of cancelling a redemption booking on line, i.e without talking to an agent)
  • If so, did the agent not mention the promotional Avios you had used at all?
  • How long did the Avios take to get back to your account and ...
  • how long were they there do you think before you noticed them and transferred them out?
Many thanks.
I cancelled in mid December. The booking was not made 100% with promotional avios. When booking I only had 27k avios in Iberia(all promotional) and I had to transfer another 7k from BA to make the booking. I cancelled by phone and I believe I received the full avios refund immediately into my Iberia account. I had to pay a cancellation fee and the agent did not mention the promotional avios. I believe I transferred the avios to my BAEC within an hour of two of cancelling the booking, just to be safe.

Last edited by Enigma368; Mar 14, 2019 at 5:37 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:06 am

Thank you Enigma368 - most helpful. I am probably going to have to cancel my long-distance return tickets in J this autumn, and for which I used 90,000 promotional Avios as part payment. I think I will delay for the moment in the hope that time fades the agents' memories!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
Thank you Enigma368 - most helpful. I am probably going to have to cancel my long-distance return tickets in J this autumn, and for which I used 90,000 promotional Avios as part payment. I think I will delay for the moment in the hope that time fades the agents' memories!
I would say if an agent mentions the promotional avios, just say you will leave the booking and then try another agent a few days or weeks later. My agent didn't mention it.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
As far as I know, refunds are handled by a separate department. That’s why it takes a couple days for them to be processed. Even though the callcenter agent might not mention anything, there’s always a risk that the person processing your refund request will see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.