Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by zebranz
How do you do it on line as OGG is not listed in the drop down? It doesn't accept the name either.
I know of three ways to book Iberia's tickets on iberia.com
- on the main booking front page, where there is a tick box for booking with Avios
- a super-infantilised tablet friendly drop down at the top of the screen linked to showing Avios options and suggestions
- the main Avios search screen in the IB+ area of the website / Using My Avios / Utilizar mis Avios

The first two options are Iberia centric so don't have places like OGG available, but the third one does. Its link is somewhat buried but if you want a simple route to it:
- login to your account with your Avios details and password in the usual way.
- paste this link into the same window and you'll go directly to the more comprehensive version. You may want to bookmark it.
https://www.iberia.com/web/redemptio...?menuId=IBUPTS

If you get unexpected results, you may want to switch to the Spanish language version since any bugs seem to be iron out there first.

Coathanger likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Since we are looking at what if's and what will - have another one.....
Have 4 accounts in family. Received 90K in each. Used already for 4 1-way tickets 72,500 x 3 and 85K x 1. Transferred 18K from 2 accounts & 6K from other to mine. I intend to book a flight for myself before 1 Dec which will use all the Avios. Will other 3 accounts have claw back even though all Avios would be used in accordance with T&C's.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Everything I know I register myself in
Another question here (idiot, but who knows): I can redeem an Iberia Ticket before December 1st, I'll not break the rules of the promotion, and than later next year cancel it paying the 25 euro fee. As the avios were already redeemed, than I'll have all avios back (I have to confirm this on their general T&C). Another idiot question is that if you movement the iberia account, the miles should not expire, based on the T&C.

Iberia T&C for avios:

Rendered services charged to Avios can be carried out through iberia.com or through any other means enabled by Iberia, or, if appropriate, by the Participating Companies.

Tickets are issued on the condition that the member's account has a sufficient Avios balance (according to the Avios use table in effect at that time) and the availability of seats.

A monthly check will be performed of the expiry of the total Avios balance in the account of members who have not made any movement to earn or use Avios in 36 months.
Forthese purposes, Avios transfers carried out between the programmes BA Executive Club, the Avios Programme (in the UK), the Iberia Plus Programme and any other programme which may use Avios as currency are not considered movements as they do not involve collection or redemption. Transfers between Iberia Plus members are also not considered movements. Clients, regardless of their own responsibility to follow and control their Avios account, will have information on the date their balance is due to expire will appear on their balance and movements statement when, according to the check date of the last transaction in the Iberia Plus system, there are 6 months or less prior to expiry.

The Programme reserves the right to recall your card, cancel your account and hold you responsible if you make improper or fraudulent use of the Programme or do not comply with the rules and procedures contained in these General Conditions.

Can I cancel my ticket and obtain a refund?

This will depend on the tariff chosen. Most of the tariffs where restrictions apply don't allow refunds, returns or changes, and where in some cases they are allowed, there is an associated penalty fee.
If you purchased your ticket on Iberia.com, please check the refund conditions in the /manage-my-booking/?language=en]booking management section or call Serviberia. However, if your ticket was purchased through an agency, please contact them directly.

IMPORTANT:
  • The fee for issuing the ticket is non-refundable
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:19 am

Just a quick update. Finally got the 90,000 bonus Avios. Emailed the normal email address again but cc'ed a a few executives on Sunday, and the Avios posted today! So emailing the executives does work! Don't give up!
Dfralmeida likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Housekeeping notice

Please note, the recent side discussion on transferring bonus Avios to BA Executive Club accounts has been moved into the Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!.

Prospero
Moderator: Iberia forum
Dfralmeida likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by pointsifu
Just a quick update. Finally got the 90,000 bonus Avios. Emailed the normal email address again but cc'ed a a few executives on Sunday, and the Avios posted today! So emailing the executives does work! Don't give up!
care to share the addresses of the execs? I’m down 81k from my 90k and I don’t feel like anything is happening despite the call centre looking at my bookings and telling me it all looks fine.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:24 am

Anyone have their topcashback UK post? I've had a look back but didn't notice if anyone had theirs successfully post...
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by tylerc
Anyone have their topcashback UK post? I've had a look back but didn't notice if anyone had theirs successfully post...
It says you should expect 10 weeks before being paid out.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
I used the posted avios booked a ticket NRT-MAD-ZRH and now i need to cancel it. The phone agent told me the cancelation fee is 25 euros plus 25 euros phone processing phone. I did my research and never found anybody mentioning the cancelation fee has a phone processing fee. Anybody has heard of that?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Everything I know I register myself in
Originally Posted by pl840502
I used the posted avios booked a ticket NRT-MAD-ZRH and now i need to cancel it. The phone agent told me the cancelation fee is 25 euros plus 25 euros phone processing phone. I did my research and never found anybody mentioning the cancelation fee has a phone processing fee. Anybody has heard of that?
Is, this is it. I'm not sure about the 25 euro phone processing, bug the 25 fee for cancellation is real.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dfralmeida
Is, this is it. I'm not sure about the 25 euro phone processing, bug the 25 fee for cancellation is real.
Yeah i know the 25 euros cancelation but never found anywhere that says there’s phone processing fee when you cancel. So I refused and thought I should call again
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I received my bonus avios fairly quickly upon sending info to the Clasica email address but nothing but the auto reponse for the 4 other members of my family. Anyone else still waiting, its been over a week since i sent those other 4 in (originally i had sent all 5 passport scans in one consolidated email but they refused to process any other out of a misguided “privacy concern.” My email address is the one on all the FF accounts we ever open in this family because nobody else will ever take responsibility for the required car and feeding to ensure we dont lose the miles. Anyway, i sent individual scans in again after the email about not processing other family members requests due to privacy concerns and have heard nothing back.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by pointsifu

care to share the addresses of the few executives please ?

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by stephem
I received my bonus avios fairly quickly upon sending info to the Clasica email address but nothing but the auto reponse for the 4 other members of my family. Anyone else still waiting, its been over a week since i sent those other 4 in (originally i had sent all 5 passport scans in one consolidated email but they refused to process any other out of a misguided “privacy concern.” My email address is the one on all the FF accounts we ever open in this family because nobody else will ever take responsibility for the required car and feeding to ensure we dont lose the miles. Anyway, i sent individual scans in again after the email about not processing other family members requests due to privacy concerns and have heard nothing back.
My partner is still awaiting the postage of the Avios as well. Account was unlocked today, but still haven't received any Avios.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by karlot_96
care to share the addresses of the few executives please ?

Thanks
just PM'ed you.
karlot_96 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.