Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:01 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by DClass4Me
Not my reading of the specific extra terms in the email sent when they award the bonus avios, my bolding:

3-Any purchases charged to Avios from this promotion (redemptions) may be exchanged and reissued, if applicable, up until December 1st 2018, as per the particular terms and conditions of the products purchased. Keep in mind that cancellation or refund requests made by the customer for tickets purchased during the promotion implies withdrawal or cancellation of the promotional Avios, regardless of the refund date.
I think that is concerning the 10 one way flights everyone booked to get the 90k avios.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Wow, they don't make this easy. Checked that flights were available for avios redemptions for the dates i wanted. Called up to book flights today as i am unable to do so online. The agent was adamant the reason why i couldn't book online was because I was using goggle chrome. So I hung up, tried internet explorer - still couldn't book. Called up again, got through and they cut me off straight away. Tried yet again and got through to the same person as earlier. I explained I couldn't book through internet explorer either and was told there was a 15 euro fee for booking on the phone per person. Asked them to waive this as I have no option but to book over the phone, she said she could get into trouble for waiving the fee, so I asked her to escalate this to supervision. The answer was no. So I agreed to pay and as she went through to book the flights, low and behold the flight i wanted was no longer available. Asked her to escalate this issue to IT which she then admitted there had been a few issues like this. She said to try again tomorrow, my flight is for next week so I need to be booking soon. Back on the phone to them now, been on hold for 15 mins.....I don't hold much hope to having anything booked! Really questioning whether it was worth this hassle.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Iberia Plus keeps sending me requests to verify my identity for an account number that isn't mine and I did not create. So, no surprise that the information doesn't match on that account. I think they may believe I have duplicate accounts which might not be surprising given that their web site crashed when I was creating my account. I can't get a response from them with my actual real Iberia Plus number in the header.

My wife created an account and booked four flights. We sent in the documentation, no issues. 36,000 Avios in the account.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:03 pm

And........just received e-mail from IB+

"you have now the 90,000Avios earned in last June's promotion"

Still unable to log in, but I'll take it.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: JMB
Datapoint

Perhaps this will be helpful for those that have been denied their Avios:

- new account
- booked 10 one ways on alternating dates
- initially locked out of account (used mobile app to reset)
- had to manually add ff number to existing reservations
- had to update profile in order to remove duplicate last name
- sent required information to confirm account was legitimate

No response after 2 weeks. Received the dreaded inconsistencies email this past weekend. Responded 2 days ago with a firm but kind email stating that I met terms and I expected Iberia t honor the promotion. Points posted today. Don't give up.

Cheers
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:58 pm

Are people with old accounts with existing Avios balances also getting the error for non-IB metal flights?
  1. If "yes" there may be hope for those of us with new accounts and new points to book partner metal online at some point.
  2. If "no" then I'm less confident its a tech issue with a fix in the offing, and perhaps more of a permanent back door restriction to severely limit redemption for promo Avios.
In the case of 2...thinking about a couple work arounds (in theory)...
  • Costs of transfer aside, if Customer A has new promo Avios in a new account...if family member (without an account) established an IB account and Avios were transferred...would that break the redemption restriction? If the "blockage" is by IB account this could work, as the account would not have any promotional activity associated.
  • Has anybody tried purchasing some additional Avios? If the "blockage" is by promo Avios maybe having some "regular" Avios in your account would get you to the pricing screen on partner metal flights. Who knows what would happen next...
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:08 pm
T2A

Programs: Alaska MVPG
90k posted today and my account was unlocked.... Time to go shopping!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by dgilligan02
Are people with old accounts with existing Avios balances also getting the error for non-IB metal flights
  • Costs of transfer aside, if Customer A has new promo Avios in a new account...if family member (without an account) established an IB account and Avios were transferred...would that break the redemption restriction? If the "blockage" is by IB account this could work, as the account would not have any promotional activity associated.
  • Has anybody tried purchasing some additional Avios? If the "blockage" is by promo Avios maybe having some "regular" Avios in your account would get you to the pricing screen on partner metal flights. Who knows what would happen next...
Regarding the first scenario, I have not done exactly what you described but I did transfer some miles from my wife's new IB+ account to my new IB+ account. Her miles were all promo miles, I cannot get an award to price though in my account or her account though,
Regarding the second scenario, I've transferred in 1,000 Amex MR to my new IB+ account to reach the total I needed for a ticket the I priced back in late June while we were in the 10 day waiting period. So, I now have some "non-promo" miles. I still cannot get to the pricing though.

So I've moved miles around in two ways, it has had no affect on my inability to price an award.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:05 pm

Are people with old accounts with existing Avios balances also getting the error for non-IB metal flights?
  1. If "yes" there may be hope for those of us with new accounts and new points to book partner metal online at some point.
  2. If "no" then I'm less confident its a tech issue with a fix in the offing, and perhaps more of a permanent back door restriction to severely limit redemption for promo Avios.
I have a new account and transferred in UR points to my Iberia Plus account from Chase, converting them to Avios, as I needed a little more for the award I was booking.

I still have a little left after the booking, so I just tried your experiment looking for a partner booking, but it made no difference for me - I still couldn't see partner pricing on the Iberia website, even though I had non-promotion Avios in my account.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
If "no" then I'm less confident its a tech issue with a fix in the offing, and perhaps more of a permanent back door restriction to severely limit redemption for promo Avios.
They confirmed over the phone that it's not a technical issue, it's intentional... who knows the reason...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My old account can price partner awards without any issues.
My family's new accounts can't even price BA awards?!
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
We have now managed to book both partner flights we wanted given the technical error across 2 accounts. The process is agony, we went through multiple agents and the inconsistency in their training is astonishing.

I wish you all luck with your bookings. If you can, try and get them to hold the booking for you and email it to you real time before payment. We had one agent who heard 'December' as 'September', where this really helped.

You should ask to get the booking fee waived, but we gave up on this for our second flight after it took so long to find anyone competent enough to book it and it had previously repeatedly triggered hostility.

Do not ask for a supervisor, you will never get one. HUCA is the only option if the agent isn't competent.

This promotion, although generous, has convinced me I never want to fly Iberia. I have zero confidence in their call centres as a result of this and would never want to be caught relying on them in scenarios such as flight cancellations. We must have spent 2-3 hours on the phone to book 2 flights.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:18 am

I got the 90k credited and opened an account for my fiance and he eventually got 90k credited after providing photo ID and PDF of booking confirmations. Does Iberia have any form of 'Family Account', we need 100k for the trip that we have planned, I can top up my Iberia account from BA but can't combine into his aco..... Is there a way around this?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:24 am

A family member created an IB account tonight (has no Avios or activity), can also get to pricing screen on partner metal no problem. At least can price awards for the eventual call center HUCA agony that looms...
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by rjburns
Any idea what this means? I have one account, no shenanigans. My info matches perfectly.
-------------

We have verified the information regarding the application that you have sent us, it has been detected that the account that is being made was due to the lack of duplicity, so it is not possible to make the Avios entry in your account

If you wish to cancel any of the tickets you bought for the promotion, you may do so free of charge on this exceptional occasion by sending us the ticket number (which begins with 075) before the 31st of July (Spanish Time - UTC/GMT +2 hours).

Kind Regards
Your Iberia Plus Service Center.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had the same email. I think when I created my account I might have pressed enter twice as the web site did not respond. Looks like this resulted in 2 accounts being created. They have cancelled the account I used to create my bookings (which was the only account I knew I had) and left open an account I did not know existed!

I subsequently got another mail saying they had forwarded my details to the avios department but since the account I used has been cancelled I can't imagine I will get anything. Going to wait another week and then ask for the refund!
zeer0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.