Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:57 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Yes, that's a very funny one.
"Please call again, I can't transfer you. Say 'Iberia Plus changes', then you will be transferred to the correct department."
I hang up and call again. Voice computer: "With which Iberia Plus topic can we help you today?" - "Changes."
Still got transferred to the same lady from general reservations who was not amused.

What helped was calling the dedicated Iberia Plus US number. It's a 800 number, so free to call if you have a US phone number (VoIP is good enough).
That's actually my preferred strategy: When I get off work most European call centers are closed, so I often call US numbers, which are usually free to call, in contrast to their European numbers.
SAS is really funny in that regard: All their European callcenters close quite early, but using the US number you can get a hold of them in the middle of the (European) night, even though their callcenter is in Estonia (while the Estonian number is closed).
ask for iberia plus first
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: HH/PCR/SPG
Originally Posted by frenchft
congratulations!
When did you submit ID and ticket ? And when did you get auto reply of recieving?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by brianchoi
congratulations!
When did you submit ID and ticket ? And when did you get auto reply of recieving?
I made :
- harassment on social media (public and DM)
- 3 emails per day to the crappy clasico
- A email to 20 people (management / media / investors) at Iberia and owner.

Received the point 1 hour after the email to management. Don't know if it's coincidence but I had received the "inconsistencies" email before but they sent an email with :

"We have accrual 90.000 Avios in your account after analyse your request. Our apologise for the delay"

I think the strategy with such people is : don't give up and make their life complicated. Spanish culture : you have to talk loudly for people to hear you and take in consideration your claim.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
I never act this way with "normal customer support" but with such people, I don't see any other way of doing than making noise.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:08 am

I will try to book something now and let you know if it's not just "visible and not usable".
davm666 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:17 am

got this when try to see price for a CX price :

"An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us."

update : same with ib flights
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Hahaha, bet they did that on purpose.
cruisr likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:25 am

man... this airline is a pure mess... how people can be loyal and fly with such airline... seriously, it's a real pain.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:28 am

Update : for those interested.
Sounds that you need to clear cache + choose the country where your account has been created (I'm abroad right now so was automatically sent to another Iberia location).
Poor IT but sounds that it works.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, MeliRewards Platinum (no longer used)
Hi, Have you tried this and this allows you now to book with avios? Can you list out the steps to replicate (not clearing cache, but choosing country)?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:37 am

I have clear the cache, log in again and choose country (same as country of my account).
I can access and book Iberia flights but impossible to get price and book Cathay pacific for exemple
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:45 am

Programs: TK Elite; IB+ Oro; Hilton Diamond
Do you try booking one way or return on CX?
Other airlines than IB are usually not allowed on IB to book awards for one way just return to my knowledge.
Btw: sent a message to you.

Originally Posted by ;29961462
I have clear the cache, log in again and choose country (same as country of my account).
I can access and book Iberia flights but impossible to get price and book Cathay pacific for exemple
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Rookie2014
Do you try booking one way or return on CX?
Other airlines than IB are usually not allowed on IB to book awards for one way just return to my knowledge.
Btw: sent a message to you.

Return : Dubai - Manama. I can see the flights and availability but got the error message when I want to see the number of miles and taxes.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
I made :
- harassment on social media (public and DM)
- 3 emails per day to the crappy clasico
- A email to 20 people (management / media / investors) at Iberia and owner.
Would you please post the email addresses yoi sent your mails to? So we can hassle them as well?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by nrgetik
Would you please post the email addresses yoi sent your mails to? So we can hassle them as well?
Really?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.