Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My current theory is that they will award more Avios, but are taking some time to put restrictions on the redemptions in place.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
My current theory is that they will award more Avios, but are taking some time to put restrictions on the redemptions in place.
That could indeed be a possibility, damage limitation due to the large uptake.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by marcelo3233
I'm not trying to say that you don't have a point there or that Iberia won't try this route, but they have awarded the miles for older accounts who did just that. I personally know 5 people with old accounts who purchased 10 cheap one-way tickets for consecutive days and have already received and redeemed their avios. So there is a precedent where they awarded Avios for that type of purchase so I think is unlikely they will go down that way, or at least do it successfully.

The only difference is that we have a brand new account, but again, nothing in the T&C stated that we were not eligible.

It's not my fault that I tried (following the promo terms) to maximize my benefits by purchasing cheap tickets multiple times. In the past when mileage run was still very popular a lot of people flew long flights for very cheap solely to get award points, and in that case the airline still had to supply the pasenger with food and all amenities and expenses since the passenger actually took the flight. Some of the most popular mileage runs (inlcuding AA error fare in 2015) were almost just as beneficial to the customer and not so beneficial to the company as this promo.

Here in Brazil it's somewhat common big e-commerces partner with airlines to offer 10-15 points per $ spent on products. One time I purchased 3 smartphones that ended up getting me 100K points with LATAM and I sold all smartphones for just about the same price resulting in 100K for free! And this wasn't a one time promo where they realized it wasn't beneficial.. This happens all the type and there is even one giving 6 points per R$ for Avianca right now.

So in my opinion I totally understand Iberia trying to deny the Avios for poeple who created multiple accounts and it's nice of them to offer a refund (they didn't have to). But for anyone else who followed the rules then it's a must for them to give us the points.

I took advantage of this promo and have played this game multiple times before (i.e. the eharmony avios bonus). You seem to be a veteran at this as well. You should know that you win some, you lose some. From Iberia's perspective, if they had to honor some but not everyone who signed up, wouldn't they honor their existing customers? Honestly I dont think a lawsuit would hold up in court.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by petey2428
Doesn't Iberia have like a catch-all phrase in the T&C that says something along the line of they can refuse service to anyone suspected of fraudulent behavior? I thought most airlines have some clause like that.

Edit:
"The Programme reserves the right to recall your card, cancel your account and hold you responsible if you make improper or fraudulent use of the Programme or do not comply with the rules and procedures contained in these General Conditions."

They could easily argue that booking 10 one-way flights with no intention of flying them is an improper use of the program. Yes, they said that you don't have to fly them to get avios, but I mean, let's be realistic and acknowledge that we are exploiting this overly generous promo. If you actually book a valid round trip or two but couldn't make the flight due to some change in schedule then that's understandable. However, when are you booking 10 cheapest one-way tickets, it's not hard to argue that you're exploiting the spirit of the promo and are making an improper use of the program.

This promo was never risk free. When you play the game, sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. It's good enough that Iberia is offering a refund though. They could easily burn you and make it hard to get refunds.
How they can know if one want to fly or not flights booked for next year? They have a crystal ball?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
What is sure is that I will never fly with them...
1. they are crap and manage customers like criminals, I hate their behaviour.
2. they don't answer on twitter or facebook.
3. they don't answer by email.

All the 3 points are red flags for me, if flying with them and got any kind of problem I don't want to deal with such a poor CS. Period.

What you did guys? Waiting points? Asked for refund?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by petey2428

I took advantage of this promo and have played this game multiple times before (i.e. the eharmony avios bonus). You seem to be a veteran at this as well. You should know that you win some, you lose some. From Iberia's perspective, if they had to honor some but not everyone who signed up, wouldn't they honor their existing customers? Honestly I dont think a lawsuit would hold up in court.
I totally agree on winning some - losing some as we've seen in the past. But in those cases where the airline don't honor they do to all customers. In this case (so far) they honored part of the customers (old ones) but they never mentioned about new customers not being able to participate as well.

To be honest this promo make me angry because I didn't feel we were acting in bad faith. It's one thing if they were selling a long haul first class ticket for $50 and then say it was a mistake fare, but with this one specifically they confirmed all questions we had on Twitter (if we had to take the flights, if we could purchase ANY flight, and so on..) and if this was such a mistake then why didn't they took the promo off earlier or updated it's terms?

Still, I agree with ou on winning some - losing some, but this is usually when I feel like I took advantage of a mistake fare or something like that where it's understandable for the airline to do it. In this case I actually bough 7 extra tickets (I had initially only purchased 3) because of their statements on twitter and that they ketp the promo going.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
How they can know if one want to fly or not flights booked for next year? They have a crystal ball?
I'd be curious to see what happens to people who do not make multiple one ways from the cheapest destinations. It's not hard for them to target certain routes. For example, would a new account flying ORD to MAD 5 times get their avios?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by zsc
Just thought I'd add to say that things should be considered from the company's perspective - if you had people making accounts for their dog and imaginary friend to abuse the promotion, you'd look into it just the same.

Going into this, the worst case scenario was not getting the promotion Avios and potentially losing that $300. Others were okay with that if you read earlier posts. You took a gamble and it didn't work out, what's with all the talk about litigation? Sounds like a bunch of salt to me. What's more is that the worst case scenario now is merely getting your money back (and not getting the Avios). Barely something to shout about, apart from losing a few hours of your time making bookings you weren't intending on flying anyway.
I mostly agree however, the whole entire point of requesting our information should be to rule us out as people making fake accounts. I did everything by the book so there is no inconsistency. Why request our information if you are just going to deny us the avios anyways?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by quitecryptic
I mostly agree however, the whole entire point of requesting our information should be to rule us out as people making fake accounts. I did everything by the book so there is no inconsistency. Why request our information if you are just going to deny us the avios anyways?
Same here and they don't answer email... so what do we do?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:18 am

Seems like a few of us new account holders receive email with "booking inconsistency" language

At least one of the new accounts receive 90K already, but apparently not able to redeem flight online

So the rest are just waiting? Send my email almost a week ago, got the auto-reply msg days later, and until now still no sound from Iberia on what's happening.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:20 am

I sent info on the 3rd and the 4th after receiving the mass email asking for information.

No response yet other than the auto replies confirming emails received.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:30 am

maybe we can start the second step : Massive negative comments on their social media.
Will start tomorrow on instagram and facebook.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: HH/PCR/SPG
Originally Posted by quitecryptic
I sent info on the 3rd and the 4th after receiving the mass email asking for information.

No response yet other than the auto replies confirming emails received.
Originally Posted by gnomey
Seems like a few of us new account holders receive email with "booking inconsistency" language

At least one of the new accounts receive 90K already, but apparently not able to redeem flight online

So the rest are just waiting? Send my email almost a week ago, got the auto-reply msg days later, and until now still no sound from Iberia on what's happening.
As long as I know, There is no one get 90k Avios with new account.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by brianchoi
post #1720 seems to indicate his new account received 90k Avios
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by brianchoi
The user ICanFly reported that his new account got the 90K Avios posted, however the account itself is blocked to perform any bookings. This was most likely a mistake from Iberia.

On another thread people were saying they had new account with Avios however their account were created (even if just a few days) prior to the promo.

So I think ICanFly's is the only case I know of someone who created an account during the promo to have the Avios posted and still looks like as a mistake from Iberia and not a sign that they will be posting to all new accounts any time soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.