Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just got the following for my wife’s new account. I sent a copy of her passport and copies of all 10 tickets purchased, but they’re denying due to inconsistencies. Whatever that means. A bit outrageous and unbelievable, honestly.

Dear Mrs. :

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.
We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account, we generated a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive it soon on the e-mail address associated to the Iberia Plus account.

We are sorry to inform that we have detected inconsistencies in your bookings,therefore, it is not possible for us to credit the promotional Avios into your account. As an exceptional case, you can request the total refund of your bookings (no extra charges).
In case you are interested in proceeding with the cancellation, please indicate us through this via your ticket number and the Iberia Plus account. The deadline to request the refund of your reservations is July 31 2018.

Kindest regards,
Your Iberia Plus Service Center.
86BA7 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Frankly, I don’t think anyone will get any more Avios.
They have awarded what they were willing to award, if you send in booking confirmations, you’ll get a refund. If you don’t send in anything, you won’t even get that.
Just a guess of course.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
My brother just received the “inconsistencies” email.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Using a chargeback mechanism to inflict pain on a company when they have already indicated they will refund you....Who's the unethical one now?
I received no email offering a refund. What makes you think they did?
johnwooz likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have also received the "inconsistencies" email. I only have one account and made two bookings, so it's a bit of a joke from Iberia. They're obviously trying to weasel out of the offer and it's quite disappointing not to see more coverage of this from those websites that spoke so highly about the offer..
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA CK; Marriott Plat
Would anyone have the promotion T&Cs and other details in PDF? And any of the indications Iberia made related to not requiring to fly the reservations?

Looking at engaging some legal representation so would need to have the context..
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by nocod
Would anyone have the promotion T&Cs and other details in PDF? And any of the indications Iberia made related to not requiring to fly the reservations?

Looking at engaging some legal representation so would need to have the context..
Ditto, would appreciate if someone had this also!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: HH/PCR/SPG
Originally Posted by nocod

This is full context they posted.
86BA7 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:33 am

And generally look at their replies to other customers:
https://twitter.com/Iberia_en/with_replies
Looks like they struggle to keep up with the tons of questions regarding this promotion.

I have also attached a screenshot of the T&C.
86BA7 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
After yesterdays email, saying his identity info {passport} didn't match his Iberia + account; he couldn't get the Avios. See earlier post of mine

This comes this morning; the new PIN doesn't work and still don't know if he gets avios or not.
:
Dear Mr. ___________
Here we enclose your new PIN code with which you can access all the services Iberia Plus offers through www.iberia.com. Your PIN code is XXXXXX.

To enter your Iberia Plus personal Area, you only need to identify with your Iberia Plus card number and the PIN code attached.

We remind you that at iberia.com, you will find all the information about the Programme: benefits of your card, obtaining and using tables, special offers, associated companies, etc.

Yours sincerely,

Your Iberia Plus Service Centre
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
And to continue the saga; I get this email this morning; does it never end? the term inconsistencies is used yet in another manner. Dear Mrs_______:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.

We correctly received your documentation and we would like to inform you that we have proceeded to activate your Iberia Plus account and to generate a new temporary access PIN code for you to enter into your Iberia Plus personal profile. You will receive it soon on the e-mail address associated to your Iberia Plus account.

Keep in mind that this is a temporary access PIN code; therefore, you must change it once you enter your profile.

We are sorry to inform that we have detected inconsistencies in your bookings; therefore, it is not possible for us to credit the promotional Avios into your account. As an exceptional case, you can request the total refund of your bookings (no extra charges).

In case you are interested in proceeding with the cancellation, please indicate us through this via your ticket number and the Iberia Plus account. The deadline to request the refund of your reservations is July 31 2018.

Kindest regards,

Last edited by DebitNM; Jul 8, 2018 at 10:32 am
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:46 am

No one else is going to be getting avios it looks like. No matter what, their "inconsistencies" is that they have already gave out all the avios they are willing to give. Can't say I didn't expect it, but with so many people getting the avios it stings more that I will not get any for seeminly no reason other than they just don't want to give any more.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:54 am

I also received the "inconsistencies" email this morning. Completely agree they are trying to weasel their way out of the offer for new customers. Existing customers who had the same booking patterns as new customers were awarded the bonus avios.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Still waiting for mine! ☹️ Well if it’s going to turn out like this with nobody getting it I just want my email already so I can take this further and put in a formal complaint.... not going to back down on this as I did intend to fly all of these flight which I booked.... which is why I spaced them out over 5 months
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:01 am

My mother just received her "inconsistencies" email as well. Documentation sent in last night.

You can still see an archived version of the website here (the layout seems broken though):
https://web.archive.org/web/20180624...ip-with-avios/

These were the T&C:

Terms and conditions
Special offer of an extra 9,000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum of 90,000 promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum. The Avios will be added within 10 days of the purchase to the Iberia Plus account of all customers identified as members of the Iberia Plus programme during the purchase process.If the customer requests a refund, either because it is permitted by the fare or for any other reason, the promotional Avios will be withdrawn from their account. The extra promotional Avios not redeemed by 1 December 2018 will be withdrawn from the customer's account. The redemption terms and conditions are subject to the general terms and conditions of the Iberia Plus programme.For example, if a customer purchases tickets on Iberia.com for three people to fly from Seville to Madrid and two of the people are identified as Iberia Plus members during the purchase process, 9,000 Avios will be credited to both of these people within 10 days of the purchase. These two people must have redeemed at least 9,000 Avios by 1 December 2018, or this same amount of Avios will be withdrawn from their account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.