FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1915681-iberia-plus-offer-9000-per-booking-21-24-june-2018-iberia-com.html)

pradom Jul 7, 2018 3:03 am

got the same email. Have to send the ticket numbers to get a refund. its totally obvious, that this is done intentionally by IB to most new accounts. they are just idiots how they are dealing with it, thinking people are stupid. i fully met the t&c. booked from germany, no double account, sent in my passport and booked with my own cc. i will move on, as its not worth the hassle, but IB wont get any business or paid tickets from my side ever again. flew them quite often as kid and teenager to visit my family in spain, but enough is enough. its just a scam how they are dealing with this promo. i just wished they would have been honest and would even have accepted the reason that due to overwhelming demand new accounts cant be credited. however, acting like it was my fault and now have to be happy the they make an exception to refund the tickets is simply ridiculous.

frenchft Jul 7, 2018 3:15 am

Originally Posted by pradom (Post 29946929)
got the same email. Have to send the ticket numbers to get a refund. its totally obvious, that this is done intentionally by IB to most new accounts. they are just idiots how they are dealing with it, thinking people are stupid. i fully met the t&c. booked from germany, no double account, sent in my passport and booked with my own cc. i will move on, as its not worth the hassle, but IB wont get any business or paid tickets from my side ever again. flew them quite often as kid and teenager to visit my family in spain, but enough is enough. its just a scam how they are dealing with this promo. i just wished they would have been honest and would even have accepted the reason that due to overwhelming demand new accounts cant be credited. however, acting like it was my fault and now have to be happy the they make an exception to refund the tickets is simply ridiculous.

What was your tickets routes?
Same day to same destination or something "doable"?

brianchoi Jul 7, 2018 3:23 am

Originally Posted by pradom (Post 29946929)

Absolutely agree with you. they should be honest and asking for new memebers pardon rather than saying "inconsistency".

pradom Jul 7, 2018 3:24 am

Originally Posted by frenchft (Post 29946951)
What was your tickets routes?
Same day to same destination or something "doable"?

nope a mix of rt and some one ways. santander, sevilla, malaga etc. dont wanna scare anyone but it s obvious and has NOTHING to do with the routes. they are doing that with all new accounts. maybe some will escape, but i have met all t&c. i even intended to fly 4 of those 10 flight, but will cancel all and look for some other solution. will do a cc chargeback for sure as i dont trust those idiots. didint get any auto response and dont want them to blame me not having received anything before 31st of july.

tylerc Jul 7, 2018 5:17 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but looking back it doesn't look like ANY new accounts have successfully received their Avios? Only responses so far are that there are 'inconsistencies'...?

Edit: looks like I missed one above that did receive the points...I still haven't heard anything, but suspect they're going to deny me because I'm in Canada, though everything else complied with the T&C (well, everything complied as there was no mention of country of residence).

derpelikan Jul 7, 2018 5:38 am

nope

Originally Posted by brianchoi (Post 29946367)
Are you new account ?

account is couple of years old

I was just trying to say that except for some intra europe flights, there are not any partner awards available in asia for example.

brianchoi Jul 7, 2018 6:13 am

Edit: looks like I missed one above that did receive the points

Is there somebody got Avios with new account so far?

DebitNM Jul 7, 2018 6:48 am

Update:
I (re)sent EVERYTHING yesterday morning. Mine sent in mid-morning and husbands late morning [MDT]
DP - both are new acoounts.

I had already sent photo of passport front page info and the form. I got email saying they needed all the things [emails of tickets]
We both got emails this morning [less than 24 hours later; a reply to what I had sent with all our info still there. Hopefully getting closer.
"Dear Customer,

We have received your message and will contact you shortly.

If your enquiry is regarding bookings for future flights, please call to your [b]Iberia Plus Service Centre.

Remember, our website iberia.com contains full details about the programme: benefits of your card, Avios earning and redemption tables, special offers, partners, etc.
Yours sincerely,

Iberia Plus Service Centre."

brody24 Jul 7, 2018 6:49 am

Originally Posted by yuel (Post 29946569)

why are you a negative nelly? It’s way to soon say anything, just the emails gives us hope when it’s say that if we participate in the 9,000 promo do this, it could have just said you don’t quality with new acct, chill out!!

is this a joke? They are denying many people due to faux "inconsistencies" in their bookings even though all terms have been met. They get to hide behind some amorphous excuse all the while denying the Avios to people who qualified. And you are asking why i am being negative? Seriously?

Adam1222 Jul 7, 2018 7:15 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan (Post 29947133)

I was just trying to say that except for some intra europe flights, there are not any partner awards available in asia for example.

You're doing something wrong or just the dates and destinations youre looking at. I booked Cathay.

SoloFlying Jul 7, 2018 7:23 am

Originally Posted by pointsifu (Post 29946715)
My account was opened in 2015 with some award activities. Bought 10 tickets on 6/22. No award avios so far. Emailed Iberia plus yesterday and no response yet. Anyone in the same boat? What to do next?

Same boat here although my partner (also opened account in 2015) received her avios on Monday. Emailed on 6th July and got auto response on 7th so lets hope something comes of it. I have tried calling them and it is, needless to say, frustrating. I' so just holding tight to Monday to see what happens.

36902BRF Jul 7, 2018 8:02 am

Originally Posted by derpelikan (Post 29947133)

Are you searching round trip? Remember that most Iberia partner awards have to be booked round trip and if you search one ways it will not show you availability even if it is there. BA on the other hand allows one-ways and will show you availability. Assuming you are not familiar with Iberia's award program it would be good to find a few blog entries on searchimg for Iberia award availability and read up on the details.

ChocolateFactory Jul 7, 2018 8:05 am

Is there a list somewhere that shows which partners support one-way availability?
I read that one-way awards are only allowed on BA and IB, but I think I saw availability on QR as well, for example, but not on AY.

travellingjake Jul 7, 2018 8:40 am

I had an existing Iberia account and received the bonus Avios a few days ago. I was on the same booking as my partner and mum who both had new accounts. It’ll be interesting to see if there are “inconsistencies” with their bookings when they’re exactly the same as mine.

flylikelinz Jul 7, 2018 9:15 am

I booked 10 tickets each with 2 people on each PNR. I received the 90k avois but my partner didn't.
he was asked to submit passport for ID purposes as his account was only created during the promo whereas ive had account for a few years.

Then weirdly this morning I got this email sent to me, the one who received the Avios and they are still showing in my account:
"Dear FLYLIKELINZ

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may have caused you for not being able to respond until today the e-mail you sent us regarding our 9,000 Avios promotion.

We are sorry to inform that we have detected inconsistencies in your bookings; therefore, it is not possible for us to credit the promotional Avios into your account. As an exceptional case, you can request the total refund of your bookings (no extra charges).

In case you are interested in proceeding with the cancellation, please indicate us through this via your ticket number and the Iberia Plus account. The deadline to request the refund of your reservations is July 31 2018.

We hope to continue with your confidence and take this opportunity to send you our warmest greetings,

Your Iberia Plus Service Center."
Strange huh?! what inconsistencies? the previous email they sent saying everything was in order as long as the booking meet all the T's and C'S

very confused. wondering if I should use them now before they take them away :P