Wiki Posts
Search

BYO in Long Haul Business?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
Question BYO in Long Haul Business?

I love Champagne (and similar wines from other countries) but I dislike Cava.
If flying IB Business long-haul would it be feasible to buy a (chilled?) bottle of champagne in the airport and hand it to the cabin crew to serve me, or just serve myself?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No. You can't BYO on airplanes.

Every once in awhile there is an announcement saying you can't drink your duty-free booze on board. If you think about it, there's all kinds of good reasons for this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by zsalya_fly
I love Champagne (and similar wines from other countries) but I dislike Cava.
If flying IB Business long-haul would it be feasible to buy a (chilled?) bottle of champagne in the airport and hand it to the cabin crew to serve me, or just serve myself?
Certainly you could not expect them to serve you something you brought onboard yourself. I have seen on a few occassions someone pull out a miniture and discreetly drink it. Officially the rule is no but of course depending on crew and situation and how discreet you are there could be various outcomes. Certainly would not suggest pulling out a full size bottle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.