Lack of lounge, IB long haul J

Old Apr 16, 18, 7:20 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: IHG Gold
Posts: 294
Lack of lounge, IB long haul J

My apologies if this has been covered before, I did search but nothing came up.

I recently had an Avios reward booking in J, MDE-MAD, but the only lounge in MDE International side had closed some hours before. Is this normal for there to be no lounge? Is it even worth my while bringing it up with IB themselves?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j3FQkGMXvdeFTFLm2
Thanks

signol
signol is offline  
Old Apr 16, 18, 10:18 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
Posts: 143
Originally Posted by signol View Post
My apologies if this has been covered before, I did search but nothing came up.

I recently had an Avios reward booking in J, MDE-MAD, but the only lounge in MDE International side had closed some hours before. Is this normal for there to be no lounge? Is it even worth my while bringing it up with IB themselves?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/j3FQkGMXvdeFTFLm2
Thanks

signol
Have you tried BA's lounge or the Comfort Lounge?
JuanRos is offline  
Old Apr 16, 18, 10:20 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
Posts: 143
Originally Posted by JuanRos View Post
Have you tried BA's lounge or the Comfort Lounge?
Ups I thought it was DME.

Try Avianca's.
JuanRos is offline  
Old Apr 16, 18, 10:30 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Programs: British Airways Gold
Posts: 2,551
Originally Posted by signol View Post

Is it even worth my while bringing it up with IB themselves?

signol
No it is not. IB are fully aware they don't offer a lounge in MDE, hence why it does not appear on the OW lounge finder
ajeleonard is offline  
Old Apr 20, 18, 6:49 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: IHG Gold
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by JuanRos View Post
Ups I thought it was DME.

Try Avianca's.
They don't have one in the International area. And their domestic lounge was crap to say the least.

signol
signol is offline  
Old Apr 20, 18, 6:50 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: IHG Gold
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by ajeleonard View Post
No it is not. IB are fully aware they don't offer a lounge in MDE, hence why it does not appear on the OW lounge finder
Fair enough, thanks.

signol
signol is offline  
Old Apr 20, 18, 9:03 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,816
My memory is hazy of my MDE-MAD flight from last year. But I seem to recall being offered a restaurant voucher.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Apr 25, 18, 6:13 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: IHG Gold
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
My memory is hazy of my MDE-MAD flight from last year. But I seem to recall being offered a restaurant voucher.
I wasn't, even after asking "Which lounge should I use?" and met with the response "It's closed"... Still the only open place at all was called "Dogger"...

signol
signol is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: