Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Schedule Change Creates Impossible Connection, Iberia Won't Reaccommodate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

I have an business award booked with Iberia Avios from Chicago to Nice that is causing me some headaches.

A schedule change means that the Nice flight now departs 15 minutes before the Chicago flight is due to arrive. I called Iberia to be moved to a different flight, but was told since there is no award availability in business on the later Nice flight that my only option is to fly a different day or to get a refund. I offered to downgrade to Economy or switch to a flight to Marseille, but the supervisor said no to both options.

Am I being unreasonable that Iberia should accommodate me given it was there schedule change that caused the issue? Should I just keep calling back until someone is willing to help me? Any other avenues of recourse?

Last edited by knoebelsPT; Apr 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm Reason: Fixing typo in headline
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yes they should reacommadate you.

HUCA
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:08 pm

Keep calling back they should be re booking you on alternatives.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:41 pm

Also have a look at MAD-PMI-NCE or MAD-AGP-NCE - the connections may work depending on day of travel. It's all IB (Express/Nostrum) so they should be able to reaccommodate you on that if it suits.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies/tips, I think I am starting to make some progress.

I got an e-mail today that I have cleared from the waitlist for the later direct MAD-NCE flight (wasn't aware I was on a waitlist...) and I can see that flight in my reservation with the status "Confirmed From Waitlist". The earlier flight is still on the reservation as well though.

Will the system automatically clear that out and make sure the ticket is synced properly, or do I need to call again? I can select seats on the new flight, but I know that isn't a sign that all is well.

Last edited by knoebelsPT; Apr 11, 2018 at 8:31 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
How far away is the flight? If it's next month, give it time and let their systems work, if it's this weekend, then I'd call and make sure everything is in order.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Thanks for the replies/tips, I think I am starting to make some progress.

I got an e-mail today that I have cleared from the waitlist for the later direct MAD-NCE flight (wasn't aware I was on a waitlist...) and I can see that flight in my reservation with the status "Confirmed From Waitlist". The earlier flight is still on the reservation as well though.

Will the system automatically clear that out and make sure the ticket is synced properly, or do I need to call again? I can select seats on the new flight, but I know that isn't a sign that all is well.
Call them I would not rely on them doing it. You call them then they will be alerted quicker to the fact that is has gone from HL to HK. The sooner its updated the better. Ask them to email you a confirmed update showing the booking all in Sync.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.