Wiki Posts
Search

cancellation- how long for avios refund

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
cancellation- how long for avios refund

3 weeks ago I cancelled an Avios IB business class return to MEX. There has been no redeposit of Avios or refund of taxes. I have called twice asking for assistance. Each time I am told that the flight was correctly cancelled and they will again request the refund. Nothing happens. Is there an email address to write to in order to get something confirmed in writing? The agents refuse to confirm anything in writing and the flight date has now passed.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It shouldn't take three weeks but IB+ do take their time. There's no magic email for good service, but you can try the main email address.

[email protected]
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by philco
3 weeks ago I cancelled an Avios IB business class return to MEX. There has been no redeposit of Avios or refund of taxes. I have called twice asking for assistance. Each time I am told that the flight was correctly cancelled and they will again request the refund. Nothing happens. Is there an email address to write to in order to get something confirmed in writing? The agents refuse to confirm anything in writing and the flight date has now passed.
Hello philco,

have you received the mail with the Refund Receipt from RFDAdmin at iberia.es? In case not it means that the refund has not yet been processed. Sometimes it takes over a week to get it and I remember that in the past, at least once, I had to phone to ask why it was taking so long and the problem was that the refund process had not been started.
From my experience, 3/4 days after receiving the mail the avios are redeposited.

I cannot understand why it is not possible to do it online.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks - I've emailed. Taxes did refund to card but no email received and no Avios either. Very odd.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Hello philco,

have you received the mail with the Refund Receipt from RFDAdmin at iberia.es? In case not it means that the refund has not yet been processed. Sometimes it takes over a week to get it and I remember that in the past, at least once, I had to phone to ask why it was taking so long and the problem was that the refund process had not been started.
From my experience, 3/4 days after receiving the mail the avios are redeposited.

I cannot understand why it is not possible to do it online.
Similiar case for me. Just got the mail from RFDAdmin two days ago, the taxes that are going to be refunded are stated within but this receipt is not mentioning my avios I used for the booking at all. Is this normal?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by xadria
Similiar case for me. Just got the mail from RFDAdmin two days ago, the taxes that are going to be refunded are stated within but this receipt is not mentioning my avios I used for the booking at all. Is this normal?
Hello xadria, yes, it is normal. There is no mention of the Avios on the RFDAdmin and normally these get credited 2 to 5 days afterwards.
xadria likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: free agent
I cancelled my award booking last Sunday due to schedule change. Agent said no fee due to schedule change. I am still waiting for cancellation email that show refund and avios redeposit.

Can someone share best email address to reach out IB to speed up process.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by washeelers747
I cancelled my award booking last Sunday due to schedule change. Agent said no fee due to schedule change. I am still waiting for cancellation email that show refund and avios redeposit.

Can someone share best email address to reach out IB to speed up process.
The only email I got a response from was [email protected]
But I found better results by calling constantly; after 2 weeks an agent refunded my miles, the cash part and a cancellation email required four more calls and another week. (Yes, ridiculous)
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: free agent
Yes it’s beyond ridiculous. Annoying when I want to make new booking so I was forced to transfer more points from chase due to IB’s extremely slow refund/redeposit process. Thankfully avios can pool with BA/IE so easy to burn points.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Yes it’s beyond ridiculous. Annoying when I want to make new booking so I was forced to transfer more points from chase due to IB’s extremely slow refund/redeposit process. Thankfully avios can pool with BA/IE so easy to burn points.
Yeah i lost out on my rebooking option as it took so long and IB refused to change me to the other flight, insisting I had to cancel and rebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.