FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   New Iberia CC up to 75k, $95 AF (No 5/24 restriction!) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1898970-new-iberia-cc-up-75k-95-af-no-5-24-restriction.html)

Robl Mar 15, 2018 12:30 pm

New Iberia CC up to 75k, $95 AF (No 5/24 restriction!)

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/iberia
Earn up to 75,000 bonus Avios
50,000 Avios after $3,000 spend within first 3 months plus 25,000 Avios after $10,000 spend within your first year.
Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card.
Use your Iberia Visa Signature Card to book your flight on iberia.com/chase10, and you will receive a 10% discount.
$95 annual fee.
Not subject to 5/24.
Similar to BA card but has the automatic 10% off.
Also Iberia runs periodic deep discounts on Avios from US.

more4less Mar 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 29528861)
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/iberia
Earn up to 75,000 bonus Avios
50,000 Avios after $3,000 spend within first 3 months plus 25,000 Avios after $10,000 spend within your first year.
Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card.
Use your Iberia Visa Signature Card to book your flight on iberia.com/chase10, and you will receive a 10% discount.
$95 annual fee.
Not subject to 5/24.
Similar to BA card but has the automatic 10% off.
Also Iberia runs periodic deep discounts on Avios from US.

Much better than the conditions we obtain in Spain :rolleyes:

craigthemif Mar 16, 2018 3:21 am

Originally Posted by more4less (Post 29529528)

Much better than the conditions we obtain in Spain :rolleyes:

Apart from the amazing 50% discounts on reward flights that are regularly offered... :rolleyes:

I couldn't help noticing that the Iberia version offers a $1,000 discount whilst the BA version of the Chase card has the 2-for-1 voucher.

4sallypat Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29530980)

I couldn't help noticing that the Iberia version offers a $1,000 discount whilst the BA version of the Chase card has the 2-for-1 voucher.

Yes but you have to spend $30K to get that voucher - a bit too much for an annual spend.
  • Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card.

more4less Mar 16, 2018 10:43 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 29530980)
Apart from the amazing 50% discounts on reward flights that are regularly offered... :rolleyes:

Regularly was in the past but now it is once per year and with many restrictions. Also the discount it is only valid for flights ex-Mad, and the OP mentioned as well possible avios discounts ex USA.

In Spain they offer a signing bonus of 15k(it was less when I signed a few years ago), while in USA it is 75k, which offsets the theoretical discount for practically 2 years and comes with no restrictions.

craigthemif Mar 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by 4sallypat (Post 29532147)
Yes but you have to spend $30K to get that voucher - a bit too much for an annual spend.
  • Earn a discount voucher of $1,000 to use toward two tickets on the same flight for each year you make purchases of $30,000 on your card.

Of course it's a massive spend - same as the BA card though AFAIK - but works out to a 3.3+% cashback / rebate if you can actually use it.

mgo72 Mar 17, 2018 4:43 am

A little bit offline, but anyone have some advice how I best can ask for a Chase card. I have a Bank Of America account and there I managed to get a rewards card. But I do not have a social security number in the USA .I have about 7K to 10K monthly going into that account .

sam007 Apr 4, 2018 7:13 pm

does anybody have a customer service # for this card - need the approved cards expedited

thx

bosboy73 Sep 16, 2018 1:07 pm

I am getting close to the 90-days since account opening and still have a few hundred $$$s to go before I meet my spend so I called to ask what the hard deadline was to meet the $3,000 initial spend. They told me I had more like 115 days because they give a grace period to allow for mailing time for card receipt. Has anyone else heard of this?

MaryLovesTravel Oct 11, 2019 2:56 pm

I applied for, received, and made the minimum spend on my Chase Signature Iberia Visa in 2018. My anniversary date was July 1 2019. I have not received nor can get ANY information on the $1000 voucher. Chase has "escalated" it to Marketing 3 times without ever giving me a case number or any way to track. Iberia has given me a number in spain to call - which no one answers. Is there ANYONE out there that knows how to track this alleged $1,000 voucher down? It is the only reason I am currently keeping the card - but it doesn't make sense!

theplayer Oct 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by MaryLovesTravel (Post 31618425)
I applied for, received, and made the minimum spend on my Chase Signature Iberia Visa in 2018. My anniversary date was July 1 2019. I have not received nor can get ANY information on the $1000 voucher. Chase has "escalated" it to Marketing 3 times without ever giving me a case number or any way to track. Iberia has given me a number in spain to call - which no one answers. Is there ANYONE out there that knows how to track this alleged $1,000 voucher down? It is the only reason I am currently keeping the card - but it doesn't make sense!

you should have received the voucher via email a few weeks after the statement cut after you reached the spend.

sboggsisu Oct 20, 2019 6:32 pm

I'm trying to apply the 1000 voucher to the cash portion of a cash+Avios award booking - but it won't let me. Doesn't offer a promo code box when I get to the purchase portion of the booking. I'm thinking that perhaps it's not possible and the 1000 voucher can only be used on a cash only booking - anyone know different?

theplayer Oct 21, 2019 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by sboggsisu (Post 31649423)
I'm trying to apply the 1000 voucher to the cash portion of a cash+Avios award booking - but it won't let me. Doesn't offer a promo code box when I get to the purchase portion of the booking. I'm thinking that perhaps it's not possible and the 1000 voucher can only be used on a cash only booking - anyone know different?

cash only i believe and no promo box code if you pay for seats..however, I was able to not pick seats, apply the voucher then hit the back arrow of browser to go back a page to pick seats. When you move to next page, the voucher is still activated.

nlclhc Oct 21, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi,

I have received the voucher but when I try to put it as a discount code before paying the webpage tells me that the code is incorrect. What am I doing wrong?

CNMAZ Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm

I am having the same issue, getting this message:

The code you entered does
not pertain to any of our current promotions. Please
re-enter or, if you wish, you can continue with your
purchase without a discount.

I have contacted Chase, they tell me to contact Iberia. Between this problem and the 10% discount errors that I have encountered since having the card, this is turning out to being very time consuming. I will not be keeping this card past my anniversary.