O Booking Class Avios Earning

Old Feb 26, 18, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite
O Booking Class Avios Earning

If I understand correctly O booking class has an earn rate of 0.25. IB websites says that flight to central and south America earn 0.5 in O. Anybody knows if MEX is considered by IB central America?
Old Feb 26, 18, 8:51 am

Programs: IB Platino (OW Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (ST Elite Plus), Priority Club Gold, Sol Melia Gold
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad View Post
If I understand correctly O booking class has an earn rate of 0.25. IB websites says that flight to central and south America earn 0.5 in O. Anybody knows if MEX is considered by IB central America?
Mexico is "North America"

https://www.iberia.com/web/product.d...s&isPopup=true
Old Feb 26, 18, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by JuanRos View Post
Oh, well, I guess no luck this time.

Thank you.
Old Feb 27, 18, 11:58 pm

Hi I have never travelled on IB before and is now looking to book an ticket. Can somebody please advise me how to check the fare class before I pay for the ticket? I would like to check if the ticket would be eligible for earnings into CX Marco Polo Club. Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 18, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xuukgo View Post
Hi I have never travelled on IB before and is now looking to book an ticket. Can somebody please advise me how to check the fare class before I pay for the ticket? I would like to check if the ticket would be eligible for earnings into CX Marco Polo Club. Thanks.
I can't recall whether Iberia shows you the fare class during the booking process.

If not, you just look at the total fare and compare it to a search on ITA Matrix, which is quite obvious about which fare class you'd be booking.
Old Feb 28, 18, 4:38 am

Programs: IB+ Oro, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
I can't recall whether Iberia shows you the fare class during the booking process.
They don't. If you are crediting to IB+, though, there is an option to see the Elite Points and Avios you will earn with the booking. For Marco Polo the best option is to check against ITA Matrix, as you say.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: