FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   The A350-900 is coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1889065-a350-900-coming.html)

schrodingerdog Jan 18, 2018 3:53 am

The A350-900 is coming

Iberia is presenting details about the new A350-900 in FITUR,

31 seats in Business Class, 24 in Premium Economy, 293 in Economy

High speed WiFi available, and also mobile network connectivity

The first destination served by the A350 will be New York (JFK)

LupineChemist Jan 18, 2018 6:13 am

Any word on when the first flight will be? I'd consider flying on that.

DELLAS Jan 18, 2018 6:49 am

I will be cashing in some AVIOS for a J LHR-MAD :).

Hannibal Lecter Jan 19, 2018 2:05 am

Not very clear if they will have the same Business Class seats as the other planes

Más comodidad Para los clientes, la cabina de los Airbus A350/900 tiene grandes ventajas: se trata del avión más silencioso del mercado, con ventanas panorámicas, con pasillos más anchos y techos más altos, que confieren mayor sensación de espacio, y un sistema de renovación del aire que mejora los niveles de humedad a bordo hasta un 16%. Iberia ha dotado estos aviones de un sistema de wifi de alta velocidad. Ha incorporado también pantallas individuales HD con mejor experiencia táctil que facilitan la usabilidad del sistema de entretenimiento a bordo.

Además, la clase Business de los Airbus A350/900 ofrece pantallas más grandes de 18 pulgadas, asientos más anchos (58 cms), reposapiés más amplio y con protectores laterales y mayor espacio para los objetos personales.

[ Sala de Prensa ] - Corporativa

It does however say that you can try one of the seats at Fitur

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/W...D#.WmG1LK7T5Hc

schrodingerdog Jan 20, 2018 4:03 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist (Post 29307768)
Any word on when the first flight will be? I'd consider flying on that.

The very first flight, who knows. Maybe BCN, maybe a simple flyover around MAD.

The first commercial flights, LHR. They'll use MAD-LHR for testing and training of the cabin crew before moving into long haul.

florens Jan 22, 2018 1:40 pm

Wow, this is a very Y heavy config.

Etxebas Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 29311798)
Not very clear if they will have the same Business Class seats as the other planes

Más comodidad Para los clientes, la cabina de los Airbus A350/900 tiene grandes ventajas: se trata del avión más silencioso del mercado, con ventanas panorámicas, con pasillos más anchos y techos más altos, que confieren mayor sensación de espacio, y un sistema de renovación del aire que mejora los niveles de humedad a bordo hasta un 16%. Iberia ha dotado estos aviones de un sistema de wifi de alta velocidad. Ha incorporado también pantallas individuales HD con mejor experiencia táctil que facilitan la usabilidad del sistema de entretenimiento a bordo.

Además, la clase Business de los Airbus A350/900 ofrece pantallas más grandes de 18 pulgadas, asientos más anchos (58 cms), reposapiés más amplio y con protectores laterales y mayor espacio para los objetos personales.

It does however say that you can try one of the seats at Fitur

It does say something about the new J seats: "Además, la clase Business de los Airbus A350/900 ofrece pantallas más grandes de 18 pulgadas, asientos más anchos (58 cms), reposapiés más amplio y con protectores laterales y mayor espacio para los objetos personales." Which translates to something like... Also, Business Class on Airbus A350/900 offers bigger screens (18''), wider seats (58cms), bigger footrests, lateral protector and more space for personal storage.

Hannibal Lecter Jan 24, 2018 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Etxebas (Post 29330981)
It does say something about the new J seats: "Además, la clase Business de los Airbus A350/900 ofrece pantallas más grandes de 18 pulgadas, asientos más anchos (58 cms), reposapiés más amplio y con protectores laterales y mayor espacio para los objetos personales." Which translates to something like... Also, Business Class on Airbus A350/900 offers bigger screens (18''), wider seats (58cms), bigger footrests, lateral protector and more space for personal storage.

Yes, but bigger than what? maybe they mean bigger than in economy

more4less Jan 24, 2018 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 29333008)
Yes, but bigger than what? maybe they mean bigger than in economy

Hi,

I understand that is bigger,...than the current biz seats on the A330 and A340.

Very good also the extra space for personal belongings, now it is very limited IMHO.

LupineChemist Jan 24, 2018 7:43 am

Sounds like a marginal improvement, which is certainly welcome. The seats are still nice but don't feel like such a great hard product as when they came out (hard to believe it's been a few years now).

I was hoping they were going to go with the new BA design for the 350 as an IAG strategy to be able to quickly swap aircraft between airlines and get a really new and innovative seat. I suppose it's still possible and then to retrofit the first few deliveries later.

Hannibal Lecter Jan 24, 2018 10:49 am

According to this, the seats will indeed be wider

THEOBCMAN Feb 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Are the A350 flights to LHR loaded yet ? I can’t find any on Iberia.com (quick look). Will they replace the daily A346/330 (Same times) ?

I will I’ll be spending some Avios for J when bookable !!

DELLAS Feb 23, 2018 1:50 pm

They are not loaded yet. It could be IB is either waiting closer to the time to make sure they are able to operate it or they will not load it at all and just replace it on the 346 flight randomly. It depends if they want to do what AF did with the A380 LHR-CDG and get PR out of it but that backfired when they subbed it for an A320 and people were dissapointed and generated bad PR.

FlightNurse Mar 2, 2018 9:26 pm

This is awesome news, I just booked MAD-LHR in Dec of this year, have my fingers crossed that it will be A359!!

THEOBCMAN Mar 2, 2018 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 29479293)
This is awesome news, I just booked MAD-LHR in Dec of this year, have my fingers crossed that it will be A359!!

The A359 is only planned to LHR in July for crew familiarisation. After that onto JFK. Thinking it will not be used in Dec ! What is your current booking showing as aircraft type ?