2 Questions About Booking With Avios

Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta skymiles, BAEC
2 Questions About Booking With Avios

1. If I book an IB flight using Avios and cancel it later on, is there a cancellation fee and a fee to re-deposit the avios back in my account? What are the fees?

2. If I book an IB flight in Business Class using part avios and part cash, is that sort of ticket refundable? The cash part? The avios part? Is there a cancellation fee? A fee to re-deposit avios?

OK...strictly speaking maybe that was more than 2 questions. But any information is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by suntravler
1. If I book an IB flight using Avios and cancel it later on, is there a cancellation fee and a fee to re-deposit the avios back in my account? What are the fees?

2. If I book an IB flight in Business Class using part avios and part cash, is that sort of ticket refundable? The cash part? The avios part? Is there a cancellation fee? A fee to re-deposit avios?

OK...strictly speaking maybe that was more than 2 questions. But any information is appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello, suntravler:

I am assuming in both cases you refer to redemption tickets either with avios or avios+cash. In this case, you may find the exact applicable change/refund rules in the following table, depending on the Avios fare of your preference:

I hope it helps.

Regards,

::WyGuN::
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta skymiles, BAEC
Thanks, Wygun, for re-confirming this information.

i had read it but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any rules that might have been detailed somewhere else on the website. With all the airlines having so many fees for everything, I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is appreciated.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: IB+ Plata / LATAM Pass Black
Originally Posted by suntravler
Thanks, Wygun, for re-confirming this information.

i had read it but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any rules that might have been detailed somewhere else on the website. With all the airlines having so many fees for everything, I just wanted to be sure.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is appreciated.
My pleasure, suntravler.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.